• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron vs Bird

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 on 1 Lebron will beat Bird but no one judges how good a player is by 1 on 1. I still take Bird only slightly over Lebron. Bird was an underrated player probably because he was white, but he played the game almost perfectly. He is one of the greatest passers ever but not a lot of people realized this because his rival was the greatest passer ever. Every time he stepped on the court he was the smartest player on the court. In my book he is better than Magic but Lebron will need to achieve more to be ahead of Bird. Lebron knows his basketball and thats why he named Bird a top 3 player of all time.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you have no clue re: HIV. Magic wasn't married when he contracted it and the only reason that he found out when he did, was that he had to take a physical for a life insurance policy that he was buying either shortly before or shortly after he and Cookie were married.

It's likely that Magic was HIV positive for at least a couple of years before he found out. As far as anyone knows, Magic never cheated on his wife.

Yeah he did cheat on her. More times than you can count. Doesn't take away from his positive traits but he was not a saint by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did cheat on her. More times than you can count. Doesn't take away from his positive traits but he was not a saint by any stretch of the imagination.

Never claimed he was a saint!! During his single days, he was banging more women than most of us have met!!

How do you know he cheated on her? More of your unnamed sources?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name one saint in the NBA.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian,
How is Lebron not a class act off the court? What did he do? By the way, Larry Bird is my favorite player of all-time. But Lebron married the mother of his children while Larry Legend basically abandoned the only child of his body. Of course that happened long, long ago and I'm sure he has changed but Lebron has never been accused of anything that heinous to my recollection. Please explain. Word.

He knowingly and quite deliberately misled Cavalier fans in the year prior to his free agency. That and by all reports is scornful of anyone less talented or wealthy than himself.

Magic may have been misled by the woman he got the HIV from and she might not have known she had it for all we know.

LeBron was the con artist, not the victim of any con job when he left Cleveland.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird.. My fav of all time.

Earvin Magic Johnson " There will never ever ever be another Larry Bird"

GOAT in my mind and it will never change.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you havent caught this show that aired on ESPN, when you have time watch it. It is one hour. This youtube version is in 4 points.

Whipper Snappers.... Must watch for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkkkRb7AoEU&feature=player_detailpage]Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6XfJnk5sNA&feature=player_detailpage]Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlo-8j1pJE&feature=player_detailpage]Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4fbzXovtLE&feature=player_detailpage]Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Cry like a baby on part 4 when I watched it the 1st time and the 10th time.

Truly the Golden Age of Basketball. Magic vs Bird. Lakers vs Celtics. Priceless

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never claimed he was a saint!! During his single days, he was banging more women than most of us have met!!

How do you know he cheated on her? More of your unnamed sources?

No this was first hand. I didnt want to believe what some people were telling me until I saw it for myself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you havent caught this show that aired on ESPN, when you have time watch it. It is one hour. This youtube version is in 4 points.

Whipper Snappers.... Must watch for you.

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 1 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 2 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 3 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 4 - YouTube

Cry like a baby on part 4 when I watched it the 1st time and the 10th time.

Truly the Golden Age of Basketball. Magic vs Bird. Lakers vs Celtics. Priceless

My favorite Larry Bird story was when he walked in to the locker room before the 3 point shooting contest and asked: "Who's finishing 2nd?"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Steve Nash a saint.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's married and his wife is a hottie, so I'm gonna guess no!!

I thought he was full of it about being a virgin until I actually met him down in LA back in the day. I did not know he had gotten married since.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great players but the NBA has changed a lot. Bird played when the NBA was a team game and today its very little team play and mainly one on one. That's why an old Spurs team who plays solid team ball should have beat the Heat.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great players but the NBA has changed a lot. Bird played when the NBA was a team game and today its very little team play and mainly one on one. That's why an old Spurs team who plays solid team ball should have beat the Heat.

The Spurs should have, but LeBron's too much of a champion.