• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron vs Bird

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs should have, but LeBron's too much of a champion.

Miami had more talent hut the Spurs played a better style of basketball. The Spurs stars are not in their prime anymore and they still stuck with the Heat. The NBA today is just boring because there is little team ball and many don't shoot well. The three point shot has basically eliminated the dominant big man because that guy would rarely get touches because all the ball hogs would be launching threes the whole game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami had more talent hut the Spurs played a better style of basketball. The Spurs stars are not in their prime anymore and they still stuck with the Heat. The NBA today is just boring because there is little team ball and many don't shoot well. The three point shot has basically eliminated the dominant big man because that guy would rarely get touches because all the ball hogs would be launching threes the whole game.

The three point shot has little to do with the trend you are talking about, IMO. It's all about the hand check rule. Back in the day, a perimeter defender could literally put his hands on the the guy he was guarding. After the NBA instituted new rules on hand checking, it became a lot easier for guards and small forwards to be dominant scorers.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knowingly and quite deliberately misled Cavalier fans in the year prior to his free agency. That and by all reports is scornful of anyone less talented or wealthy than himself.

Magic may have been misled by the woman he got the HIV from and she might not have known she had it for all we know.

LeBron was the con artist, not the victim of any con job when he left Cleveland.

I don't have a problem with Lebron James leaving Cleveland. I didn't misinterpret what he did as being deliberate. In fact, by all accounts I've read, his preference was to remain in Cleveland but Chris Bosh did not want to play there. It came down to which of the Big Three's teams played in the best city so they joined Wade in Miami where he'd already built a championship legacy. He honored his contract with Cleveland, became a free agent and exercised his right to choose who to play for next. As far as the announcement goes, who turns down the kind of money ESPN threw at him for that special? The best part is, he donated it to the Boys and Girls Club. Also, at his age and with the type of criticism that was leveled at him, I don't blame him for telling his haters they still had to wake up broke. Just because he is a wealthy athlete doesn't mean he should have to take shit off people. I would've defended myself as well. Lebron James has no character issues that I'm aware of, in fact, after reading his autobiography I have a lot of respect for him for overcoming the adversity he faced in childhood and taking advantage of opportunity. He seized it. Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Word.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think he mislead cavs fans. I never heard him say he was staying and I am pretty sure all he talked about was he would not talk about it until FA. He is doing the same thing this year. I really hope he goes to GS, those shooters a center and LBJ? That would be sick.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you havent caught this show that aired on ESPN, when you have time watch it. It is one hour. This youtube version is in 4 points.

Whipper Snappers.... Must watch for you.

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 1 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 2 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 3 - YouTube

Larry Bird's 50 Greatest Moments Part 4 - YouTube

Cry like a baby on part 4 when I watched it the 1st time and the 10th time.

Truly the Golden Age of Basketball. Magic vs Bird. Lakers vs Celtics. Priceless

Fuck you mamba. Got me teary too. Don't need that shit to start my day...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Larry Bird dunk? That should be the debate.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Larry Bird story was when he walked in to the locker room before the 3 point shooting contest and asked: "Who's finishing 2nd?"

I think the exact quote was, ""I want all of you to know I am winning this thing. I'm just looking around to see which one of you assholes is gonna finish up second."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would have got asswhupped by most of them from that era for several reasons. That era was loaded with talent, but they also played rough. Lebron is a weak as a little girl and would whining about the hard fouls real fast. Here is my list of players that would have ass whupped Lebron

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabaar
Jerry West
Larry Bird
Stocton
Robinson
Malone
Pippen
Isaiah Thomas

The list just goes on and on, but those are a few of the top players. I know everyone considers Lebron the gift of God, but that's only because they either forgot those in the past or never seen them play

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would have got asswhupped by most of them from that era for several reasons. That era was loaded with talent, but they also played rough. Lebron is a weak as a little girl and would whining about the hard fouls real fast. Here is my list of players that would have ass whupped Lebron

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabaar
Jerry West
Larry Bird
Stocton
Robinson
Malone
Pippen
Isaiah Thomas

The list just goes on and on, but those are a few of the top players. I know everyone considers Lebron the gift of God, but that's only because they either forgot those in the past or never seen them play

Don't forget the Dream. Hakeem is my favorite non Laker center ever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabaar
Jerry West
Larry Bird
Stocton
Robinson
Malone
Pippen
Isaiah Thomas

Michael Jordan - Yes
Magic Johnson - Yes
Kareem Abdul Jabaar - Yes
Jerry West - Maybe
Larry Bird - Yes
Stocton - Are you high?
Robinson - No
Malone - Yes
Pippen - N0
Isaiah Thomas - No

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Edison >>> Nikola Tesla.

Word.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Dream. Hakeem is my favorite non Laker center ever.

He might be the only one? I guess the Admiral and Russell was a center...

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabaar
Jerry West
Larry Bird
Stocton
Robinson
Malone
Pippen
Isaiah Thomas

LOL troll much. and that list is silly. Nobody on that list outside of MJ and the Centers are going to beat LBJ. They each either do not do enough on D or O and LBJ is great on both.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knowingly and quite deliberately misled Cavalier fans in the year prior to his free agency. That and by all reports is scornful of anyone less talented or wealthy than himself.

Magic may have been misled by the woman he got the HIV from and she might not have known she had it for all we know.

LeBron was the con artist, not the victim of any con job when he left Cleveland.

I don't have a problem with Lebron James leaving Cleveland. I didn't misinterpret what he did as being deliberate. In fact, by all accounts I've read, his preference was to remain in Cleveland but Chris Bosh did not want to play there. It came down to which of the Big Three's teams played in the best city so they joined Wade in Miami where he'd already built a championship legacy. He honored his contract with Cleveland, became a free agent and exercised his right to choose who to play for next. As far as the announcement goes, who turns down the kind of money ESPN threw at him for that special? The best part is, he donated it to the Boys and Girls Club. Also, at his age and with the type of criticism that was leveled at him, I don't blame him for telling his haters they still had to wake up broke. Just because he is a wealthy athlete doesn't mean he should have to take shit off people. I would've defended myself as well. Lebron James has no character issues that I'm aware of, in fact, after reading his autobiography I have a lot of respect for him for overcoming the adversity he faced in childhood and taking advantage of opportunity. He seized it. Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Word.

LeBron knows enough about PR to be aware that CLAIMING he wanted to stay in Cleveland
would look good, but I'm not buying it. Cleveland's just not a big enough media market for him
and it has lousy winters to boot.