• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 10)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about this is that Cane is factoring statistical output. Pure value alone, in terms of youth and upside, I'd agree on Porzingas. But in a vacuum for one year, it's not laughable, but purely realistic.

Here were their side to side numbers last year:

Porzingas
18.1 PPG, 7.2 Reb, 1.5 APG, 2.0 BPG, 45% FG, 78.6% FT

Whiteside
17.0 PPG, 14.1 Reb, 0.7 APG, 2.1 BPG, 55.7% FG, 62.8% FT

Porzingas FG percentage is again affected by how much he plays on the perimeter, but Whiteside does take his fair share of mid-ranges too. Porzingas is much better ball handler and 3 point shooter. Whiteside is a much better interior defender, even though their block numbers are nearly identical.

Porzingas could be a prime candidate to take that next step into stardom though. There are really only two things holding him back right now and thats Melo and Hornacek.
good post.

Porzingis is just an unreal fit in todays game. Its like he was made in a lab. How old is he? like 22? 23?

he can do everything.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post.

Porzingis is just an unreal fit in todays game. Its like he was made in a lab. How old is he? like 22? 23?

he can do everything.

AD, Towns, Porzingas, Jokic, Giannis....all transcending the way we think about how players fit in today's NBA game.

Hell I don't even know how I would rank those guys 1-5 if I was starting a team. All of them have their fair shares of pros and cons.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think overall it looks really good. Id have draymond over KI. Id drop Lillard. Id drop Isiah

I like both of your guys posts and lists.

I agree--- id drop IT and Lillard. Draymond id prob put up a few spots to top 15. CP3 has been awfully injury prone to sitll have in the top 10 but when healthy i can buy it. if this is JUST this year- id rather have bledsoe over teague

i love kyrie but id much rather have anthony davis. Id rather have towns than jimmy butler........the only laughable thingi see on here is whiteside over porzingis. Porzingis is loads better- so much more versatile.

How do you feel about your boy KI requesting a trade? For me personally, and he won't admit as such and shouldn't, but I think he's a victim of the dead horse that gets beaten whenever LeBron James loses in the finals. It just seems the fans and media are so enamored by how LeBron measures up with MJ that LeBron will receive all the credit when his team wins and his surroundings receive all the blame when they lose.

Could one really blame Kyrie for being drained by that culture?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's embarrassing to myself, this site, and mankind that the Norm Nixon thread can generate more responses than this one, so..

BUMP.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's embarrassing to myself, this site, and mankind that the Norm Nixon thread can generate more responses than this one, so..

BUMP.

tenor.gif

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39 Pretty great thoughtout rankings.

Personal preference I would take out Booker and Wiggins for Otto and Batum. Their game is too one dimensional right now. And yeah. As @WiggyRuss @CitySushi already said, Draymond has to be in the top 15 somehow. Definitely better than Thompson. Other than that, no real complaints.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39 Pretty great thoughtout rankings.

Personal preference I would take out Booker and Wiggins for Otto and Batum. Their game is too one dimensional right now. And yeah. As @WiggyRuss @CitySushi already said, Draymond has to be in the top 15 somehow. Definitely better than Thompson. Other than that, no real complaints.

Solid argument here. That being said, Porter need to average more than 13 a game to crack the list. And Batum, while I like him, seems to disappear in marquee games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about your boy KI requesting a trade? For me personally, and he won't admit as such and shouldn't, but I think he's a victim of the dead horse that gets beaten whenever LeBron James loses in the finals. It just seems the fans and media are so enamored by how LeBron measures up with MJ that LeBron will receive all the credit when his team wins and his surroundings receive all the blame when they lose.

Could one really blame Kyrie for being drained by that culture?
yah- i can see Kyrie's point in some ways--- it sucks to always be blamed when they lose and always see lebron get the vast majority of teh credit when he wins

the thing for me is-- no one forced Kyrie to sign a 5 year contract with an opt out after 4 years. He wanted that security after coming off a few seasons where he was hurt. No player that I can remember has EVER turned down a max offer coming off their rookie deal. Everyone wants the security. He took it----

is it just SOOO bad to honor the contract you signed of your own volition, making the max money you possibly can, and competing for a title for just ONE more season------ and if LeBron leaves- its your team- if he stays- at that point- speak up BEFORE the draft - so the team can actually make a decent move instead of AFTER the whole offseason has practically run its course.

if he would have spoken up the day after the Finals he would be on the Clippers right now andd the focal point of that offense.