• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The NCAA Form a Separate Sub-Division For G5 Conferences?

Should G5 Teams Have Their Own Sub-Division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn also got beat by Clemson.....
,,,and,,gasp...LSU.
Auburn was losing games all over the place before UCF got a-hold of'em.

True, but listening to comments on here, you'd be led to believe teams like UCF can never win so why let them in. Auburn didn't lay and egg against UCF, they just got outplayed.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Clemson (Lost to 4-8 Syracuse)
#2 Oklahoma (Lost to 7-5 Iowa St)
#3 Georgia (Lost to 10-3 Auburn) Beat Auburn in rematch
#4 Alabama (Lost to 10-3 Auburn)
#5 Ohio St (Lost to 7-5 Iowa 24-55)
#6 Wisconsin (Lost to Ohio St)
#7 Auburn (Lost to Clemson)(Lost to #17 LSU. LSU who lost to Troy)
#8 USC (Lost to #14 Notre Dame 14-49)
#9 Penn St (Lost to #16 Michigan St)
#10 Miami (Lost to 5-7 Pitt 14-24)
#11 Washington (Lost to 7-5 Arizona St)
It seems there is no punishment for P5 teams for losses to average or below average P5 teams. Especially losses to P5 teams that lost to G5 teams.

Syracuse to Middle Tenn St
LSU to Troy
Arizona St to San Diego St

If UCF had played any of the teams that #1 through #11 lost to, maybe they wouldn't be #12...instead they played 4-8 maryland that lost to 7 other P5 teams and scheduled but didn't play Georgia Tech....who lost to 6.

Miami was #10 because they lost to Pitt and Clemson...they also had wins over Notre Dame, Virginia Tech anf 5 other P5 teams better than any P5 team UCF played. We don't know if UCF could beat Pitt or Clemson, because they were playing Maryland, FIU and Austin Peay instead.

There are G5 teams out there that scheduled well enough to make the playoffs if they were 12-0, UCF just isn't one of them. If we reward UCF for playing a shit schedule why would anybody schedule anything but.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Clemson (Lost to 4-8 Syracuse)
#2 Oklahoma (Lost to 7-5 Iowa St)
#3 Georgia (Lost to 10-3 Auburn) Beat Auburn in rematch
#4 Alabama (Lost to 10-3 Auburn)
#5 Ohio St (Lost to 7-5 Iowa 24-55)
#6 Wisconsin (Lost to Ohio St)
#7 Auburn (Lost to Clemson)(Lost to #17 LSU. LSU who lost to Troy)
#8 USC (Lost to #14 Notre Dame 14-49)
#9 Penn St (Lost to #16 Michigan St)
#10 Miami (Lost to 5-7 Pitt 14-24)
#11 Washington (Lost to 7-5 Arizona St)

It seems there is no punishment for P5 teams for losses to average or below average P5 teams. Especially losses to P5 teams that lost to G5 teams.

Syracuse to Middle Tenn St
LSU to Troy
Arizona St to San Diego St

Wisconsin didn't lose to the team that lost to Iowa by 31. We lost to the team that won 11 games. Don't go all transitive unless you bring up the fact that Wisconsin beat Iowa by 24.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't happen because UCF is a G5 team, it happened because they played a weak schedule.

Fresno St could have made it to the playoffs this year if they had went undefeated on their schedule. But for some reason, whenever a G5 team plays a schedule of enough quality to make the playoffs.....they don't go undefeated.

:think:

You can't definitively say that because it didn't happen. Not to mention you'd be spending your time squawking that Incarnate Word, Nevada, San Jose St, New Mexico, San Diego St, UNLV, BYU, Hawaii, Wyoming, and Boise St weren't a worthy enough remaining schedule.
Alabama and Washington would have been mere flukes and forgiven by the CFP committee.

I can definitively say that a G5 will not get a chance to compete in the CFP even if it were to expand to 8 teams. I can definitively say that ALL P5's would have to have 3 losses or more.
Those are not my numbers, they are the CFP committee numbers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are led to believe the whole season matters.

It does: Thus why UCF was left out.

False

This says otherwise..

Syracuse Lost to Middle Tenn St
LSU lost to Troy
Arizona St lost to San Diego St

I did not rank the Top 12 CFP teams. The CFP committee did.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you guys didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.. if that's what you're thinking. It does prove that UCF was more than capable of hanging with the P5 elites.

No it doesn't. At all.

When your only argument is beating a 3 loss Auburn team in an also ran bowl with nothing on the line, then you really don't have an argument.

Georgia beat Auburn by more than UCF did in the same stadium with a conference championship and a playoff spot on the line. Alabama completely dominated a Clemson team that dominated Auburn(I know it was an 8 point game, but that was a Clemson ass whooping in every way other than the scoreboard) and dominated an LSU team that beat Auburn

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't definitively say that because it didn't happen. Not to mention you'd be spending your time squawking that Incarnate Word, Nevada, San Jose St, New Mexico, San Diego St, UNLV, BYU, Hawaii, Wyoming, and Boise St weren't a worthy enough remaining schedule.
Alabama and Washington would have been mere flukes and forgiven by the CFP committee.

I can definitively say that a G5 will not get a chance to compete in the CFP even if it were to expand to 8 teams. I can definitively say that ALL P5's would have to have 3 losses or more.
Those are not my numbers, they are the CFP committee numbers.

Fresno St had a SoS that was strong enough to make it to the playoffs if undefeated.

I have nothing against G5 teams, I just don't reward bad schedules like UCF's. If you are unable to see the difference between UCF's and Fresno St's schedule this year, then I don't know what to tell you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False

This says otherwise..

Syracuse Lost to Middle Tenn St
LSU lost to Troy
Arizona St lost to San Diego St

I did not rank the Top 12 CFP teams. The CFP committee did.

^argues the entire season doesn't matter by highlighting a few games he cherry picked instead of....looking at the entire season.

:crazy:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn played a tougher schedule than UCF. Same as all the other teams who finished ranked ahead of UCF and the 4 teams in the CFP

Which shits all over 4down20's point that if Fresno had beaten Alabama and Washington and gone undefeated in the MWC they'd have gotten into the CFP.
Alabama would have simply been replaced by a different P5 team. Likely Ohio St.
Auburn lost to a team that lost to a G5 team. You bamer fans need to get your stories straight.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. At all.

When your only argument is beating a 3 loss Auburn team in an also ran bowl with nothing on the line, then you really don't have an argument.

Georgia beat Auburn by more than UCF did in the same stadium with a conference championship and a playoff spot on the line. Alabama completely dominated a Clemson team that dominated Auburn(I know it was an 8 point game, but that was a Clemson ass whooping in every way other than the scoreboard) and dominated an LSU team that beat Auburn

Your logic is completely circular. Alabama beat Clemson who beat Auburn, but Auburn beat Alabama... you see that, right? All this proves is that EVERY team has good days and bad days. Also, I CAN'T stand when people say a team has nothing on the line so that's why they lost. I watched most of that game and I know Auburn wasn't just going through the motions so they could get that game over with and call it a year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UCF had played any of the teams that #1 through #11 lost to, maybe they wouldn't be #12...instead they played 4-8 maryland that lost to 7 other P5 teams and scheduled but didn't play Georgia Tech....who lost to 6.

Miami was #10 because they lost to Pitt and Clemson...they also had wins over Notre Dame, Virginia Tech anf 5 other P5 teams better than any P5 team UCF played. We don't know if UCF could beat Pitt or Clemson, because they were playing Maryland, FIU and Austin Peay instead.

There are G5 teams out there that scheduled well enough to make the playoffs if they were 12-0, UCF just isn't one of them. If we reward UCF for playing a shit schedule why would anybody schedule anything but.

False

Once again you would use "They played in a weak conference the rest of the season" argument.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is completely circular. Alabama beat Clemson who beat Auburn, but Auburn beat Alabama... you see that, right? All this proves is that EVERY team has good days and bad days. Also, I CAN'T stand when people say a team has nothing on the line so that's why they lost. I watched most of that game and I know Auburn wasn't just going through the motions so they could get that game over with and call it a year.

You can not stand it all you want, but the fact of the matter is when one team is playing their Super Bowl and the other is coming off getting their championship hopes crushed, the one playing their Super Bowl will win most of the time.

When you get a game where both teams are hyped up, you get results like the 2008 Sugar Bowl(for the 2007 season)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin didn't lose to the team that lost to Iowa by 31. We lost to the team that won 11 games. Don't go all transitive unless you bring up the fact that Wisconsin beat Iowa by 24.

Wisconsin had just as much right/reason to be the 4th team selected as Alabama did.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can not stand it all you want, but the fact of the matter is when one team is playing their Super Bowl and the other is coming off getting their championship hopes crushed, the one playing their Super Bowl will win most of the time.

When you get a game where both teams are hyped up, you get results like the 2008 Sugar Bowl(for the 2007 season)

Not buying the excuses. It's not like they played UCF the day after the CCG.. or even the next week. They had an entire month to get their heads right.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying the excuses. It's not like they played UCF the day after the CCG.. or even the next week. They had an entire month to get their heads right.

And what was their reward if they won?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was their reward if they won?

Do you like losing? I can't imagine any player or coach being ok with losing to anyone... especially to the likes of UCF. Makes the players and coaches look bad.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno St had a SoS that was strong enough to make it to the playoffs if undefeated.

I have nothing against G5 teams, I just don't reward bad schedules like UCF's. If you are unable to see the difference between UCF's and Fresno St's schedule this year, then I don't know what to tell you.

You would be saying whatever you had to say to JUSTIFY Alabama (who didn't win their conference, much less their division), and lost to a team (Auburn) that lost to a team (LSU) that lost to G5 Troy, being the 4th team selected to the playoff.

Going after Fresno St's remaining MWC schedule would be your mantra.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like losing? I can't imagine any player or coach being ok with losing to anyone... especially to the likes of UCF. Makes the players and coaches look bad.

They definitely wanted to win and didn't want to lose, but, they definitely didn't have the same intensity as they would have had something been on the line.

I enjoyed seeing Auburn losing to a G5 team more than the next guy, but using it as a way of validating UCF as a legit title contender is ridiculous.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be saying whatever you had to say to JUSTIFY Alabama (who didn't win their conference, much less their division), and lost to a team (Auburn) that lost to a team (LSU) that lost to G5 Troy, being the 4th team selected to the playoff.

Going after Fresno St's remaining MWC schedule would be your mantra.

Mmmmm, cherry pie and lies with a side of tears.