• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Packers

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you couldn't offer a bump in the Charger and Ram losses when Wilson was clearly missing open targets.

When the Seahawks were great, a few years back, it wasn't just the LOB that made the team great, it was also Wilson having his head in the game for a full 60 minutes. We don't see that anymore.

Russell Wilson in the 4th quarter

Since 2017, Wilson has:
• 9.0 yards per attempt (Best in NFL, Min. 6 starts)

• 26 pass TD (Most in NFL)

• 126.6 passer rating (Best in NFL, Min. 6 Starts)

But lets not let facts get in the way.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely LOVED what I saw this game.

Don't get me wrong, Wilson had a BAD first half. But they spotted Aaron Rodgers 7 and still came out with the W.

Won the game by running the ball and Russ did come through in the clutch. D held the Packers to 3 in the second half and sacked Rodgers' ass multiple times on third down.

Fuck yeah.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely LOVED what I saw this game.

Don't get me wrong, Wilson had a BAD first half. But they spotted Aaron Rodgers 7 and still came out with the W.

Won the game by running the ball and Russ did come through in the clutch. D held the Packers to 3 in the second half and sacked Rodgers' ass multiple times on third down.

Fuck yeah.

Yeah, it was rough going for RW in the first half... Nice to see the team, especially the defense step it up and shut down GB in the 2nd half... Running game was on fire in the 2nd half... Once they continue to find more carries for Penny, he's going to be very good... We have a nice 3-headed monster in the backfield atm...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that if the kickoff went even just 1 yard into the endzone the packers wouldn't take it out? Thank god because they were having success when they HAD to return them but Penalties hurt them on some big returns. I wonder why they were so gun shy to take the ball out of the endzone? I think they might have won it had they just did so. Yes this is a bash against the Aaron Rogers temper tantrum he threw after the fumbled return last week. Some times shit happens and the ball doesn't bounce your way Mister my shit doesn't stink Rogers. In the closing minutes yeah best to take a knee but i believe the Coaches really tied the Packers hands behind their backs on Special teams. Playing to NOT LOSE is not how you win games.

We have seen these Seahawks play to "not lose" many times and it was maddening and they would lose. You got to attack and i hope the Hawks continue to attack. Let the man with the over blown ego cause his team to lose because he doesn't want them to take the chance if it means he doesn't get his shots. Love Aaron Rogers to death, he is a outstanding QB but watching him last night and his antics when he was on AND OFF the field was disheartening. It was disgusting. No one player is above the "TEAM" yet his reactions really seemed to show thats how he thinks. It was a little ugly on his part.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. What is Frank Clark's status? Team controlled contract or pending FA? Will they put a franchise tag on him if need be?

Frank Clark who will turn only 26 years old in June of next year will be a UFA in 2019. They said they were in talks this offseason but then nothing has been said since. His Price has skyrocketed with 10 sacks this season all ready, something many of us knew he could do if he got on the field more ( should have moved Bennett instead of RESIGNING him ). I don't think the Hawks will be resigning him because Bennett soured him a little. We could see him walk this offseason for a big Paid day unless they get something worked out before the season is over.

I look at it like this. If they don't sign him during this season, then they wont be resigning him at all. He will walk for his big pay day and you really can't blame him. He is earning that pay day.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportrac is pretty cool and it even shows what his Value is.
  • 5 yrs, $42,310,388
  • Avg. Salary: $8,462,078
  • NFL Rank: 195
  • DE Rank: 25
This is his projected Value for a new contract.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Jimmy doesn't want to block. Appears he got a broken thumb. Ouch

Graham was seen running off the field during the game, holding his arm at his side. He had been injured while attempting to block on a running play, then started shaking his hand in apparent pain.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Jimmy, Had he stayed with the Saints i bet he would have been SO much more successful. No kidding right lol. Talented Receiving TE with sub par blocking and now he is injury prone. I never wished ill will on Jimmy Graham and i hope he can turn around his sputtering career.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Made it a higher degree of difficulty than it needed to be or maybe should have been, but the most important thing is our score > their score at 00:00.

It was a rocky first half, particularly for the defense and RW missing a couple big throws. But they both rallied and figured it out in the 2nd half -- the great go-ahead TD drive in the middle of the 4th qtr with excellent plays by Russell, and then the defense bucked up to only allow 3 points after the half. Very clutch performances.

It didn't seem like a great night for a the OL as I watched from the stands, but we still had 150+ rush yds for the 7th straight game, and they protected RW well enough when it mattered for him to make those big plays. I expected a little better push and more steady pass-pro given GB's injuries up front and the short week, but that's the NFL for you. It's rarely easy, especially when there's a guy like Rodgers on the other side.

The big pass plays our secondary allowed in the first half were quite unsettling, but again it's Aaron Rodgers and that's just what he can do, and they also made some good adjustments later and were certainly helped out by some 2nd half pass rush.

Penny popped pretty well again, and that's good to see. Carson bounced back ok from that 1st play fumble. The whole stable of RBs should pose a pretty big problem down the stretch so long as we can keep the games close enough to be able to go to the run when we want.

Enjoy the mini-bye!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems very low

they always get paid more than market value when they base the value by production off what players are paid now so yeah of course it seems low. That would be a fair contract but no player in the NFL wants fair they want bloated

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that if the kickoff went even just 1 yard into the endzone the packers wouldn't take it out? Thank god because they were having success when they HAD to return them but Penalties hurt them on some big returns. I wonder why they were so gun shy to take the ball out of the endzone? I think they might have won it had they just did so. Yes this is a bash against the Aaron Rogers temper tantrum he threw after the fumbled return last week. Some times shit happens and the ball doesn't bounce your way Mister my shit doesn't stink Rogers. In the closing minutes yeah best to take a knee but i believe the Coaches really tied the Packers hands behind their backs on Special teams. Playing to NOT LOSE is not how you win games.

We have seen these Seahawks play to "not lose" many times and it was maddening and they would lose. You got to attack and i hope the Hawks continue to attack. Let the man with the over blown ego cause his team to lose because he doesn't want them to take the chance if it means he doesn't get his shots. Love Aaron Rogers to death, he is a outstanding QB but watching him last night and his antics when he was on AND OFF the field was disheartening. It was disgusting. No one player is above the "TEAM" yet his reactions really seemed to show thats how he thinks. It was a little ugly on his part.

That's normal for Rodgers and why I can't stand the whiny bitch. I respect his game but hate his attitude. He'll never take blame for the loss and throws team mates under the bus.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark who will turn only 26 years old in June of next year will be a UFA in 2019. They said they were in talks this offseason but then nothing has been said since. His Price has skyrocketed with 10 sacks this season all ready, something many of us knew he could do if he got on the field more ( should have moved Bennett instead of RESIGNING him ). I don't think the Hawks will be resigning him because Bennett soured him a little. We could see him walk this offseason for a big Paid day unless they get something worked out before the season is over.

I look at it like this. If they don't sign him during this season, then they wont be resigning him at all. He will walk for his big pay day and you really can't blame him. He is earning that pay day.

With the FO having just a tad under 58mil next offseason, I think they get a deal done. We might not be hearing anything now but hopefully behind closed doors the FO/agent are working on a contract. I'd hate to see Clark leave.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the FO having just a tad under 58mil next offseason, I think they get a deal done. We might not be hearing anything now but hopefully behind closed doors the FO/agent are working on a contract. I'd hate to see Clark leave.

Can i ask what the 58 million is based off of? i have a problem with the Projected cap bump for next season. in 2016 we saw a little less than a 12 million bump, 2017 saw even a smaller bump, 2017 saw a 10 million bump but they are projecting a 13 million bump for 2018 when the NFL is trying to Slow down the rate of the cap bumps. I say maybe at most a 10 million bump but i would not be at all shocked if it was closer to 9.5 million not the 13 million that is projected.

i think the Hawks will be closer to 45 to 50 million. But like anyones guess this is speculation only.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I hear Clayton (I don't think he's all that in terms of analysis, but he has access that I'll never have) talk about re-signing Frank Clark, he mentions $15M/yr+ as what it will likely cost. I almost think they have to do it based on the other decisions they made on the DL this last off-season -- trading Bennett, not signing Richardson -- plus losing Avril to injury. Our pass rush is already spotty as it is, not sure we can afford to go into '19 without Clark too. The cap is also likely to be north of $200M before you get into the 2nd year of any new deal with Clark, so even $15M a year is still only about 7% of the cap. No one else on the DL has any sort of a big contract, either.

Speaking of re-signing people, when do we start talking about Fluker and maybe Sweezy?

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I hear Clayton (I don't think he's all that in terms of analysis, but he has access that I'll never have) talk about re-signing Frank Clark, he mentions $15M/yr+ as what it will likely cost. I almost think they have to do it based on the other decisions they made on the DL this last off-season -- trading Bennett, not signing Richardson -- plus losing Avril to injury. Our pass rush is already spotty as it is, not sure we can afford to go into '19 without Clark too. The cap is also likely to be north of $200M before you get into the 2nd year of any new deal with Clark, so even $15M a year is still only about 7% of the cap. No one else on the DL has any sort of a big contract, either.

Speaking of re-signing people, when do we start talking about Fluker and maybe Sweezy?

Perhaps I'm giving coaching too much credit, but I wonder how much of the line's success is true talent and how much is Solari. When Fluker was out last week, and they plugged Simmons in there, they didn't miss a beat. Ifedi has gone from a disaster to a competent (if not even better than that) RT.

I can get behind re-signing Fluker because he's definitely awesome. I have a hard time believing Sweezy isn't more of a system product. I don't see him as a guy we want to burn cap space on, to be honest.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I'm giving coaching too much credit, but I wonder how much of the line's success is true talent and how much is Solari. When Fluker was out last week, and they plugged Simmons in there, they didn't miss a beat. Ifedi has gone from a disaster to a competent (if not even better than that) RT.

I can get behind re-signing Fluker because he's definitely awesome. I have a hard time believing Sweezy isn't more of a system product. I don't see him as a guy we want to burn cap space on, to be honest.
I am also not as sold on Sweezy, but he's been ok. His value could be in terms of continuity, but at the same time he is also keeping Pocic's opportunity for development as a starter at arm's length.

The coaching definitely needs to get some credit. Never even heard of that Simmons guy before last week, and he admittedly had never started and played a whole game at any level in his life before. He came in and did just fine up against Aaron Donald and Suh. It's quite a turn from what we had been used to with Cable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can i ask what the 58 million is based off of? i have a problem with the Projected cap bump for next season. in 2016 we saw a little less than a 12 million bump, 2017 saw even a smaller bump, 2017 saw a 10 million bump but they are projecting a 13 million bump for 2018 when the NFL is trying to Slow down the rate of the cap bumps. I say maybe at most a 10 million bump but i would not be at all shocked if it was closer to 9.5 million not the 13 million that is projected.

i think the Hawks will be closer to 45 to 50 million. But like anyones guess this is speculation only.

You know I'm not sure now. Two different sites have largely different numbers.

Over the Cap has them at a tad under 60mil in cap space
Hawk-Talk has them at a tad over 43mil in cap space

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way we let him walk... We'll franchise tag him before that happens... Clark is already on record stating that he's ok with the franchise tag until they can reach a long term agreement... You don't let that kind of player at that position just walk... Especially when he's not even peaked yet...