• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Packers

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you people are such knee-jerk reactionaries. im not trashing alexander, merely stating the facts which nobody seems to dispute. alexander went down at the slightest bit of contact 95% of the time, penny seems to also suffer from this.

just watch this video from the rams game:
he has skill and can run well, but he does NOT have the smash mouth attitude this team likes. carson and davis put him to shame in that category. i just dont understand why we wasted a 1st round pick on a back that doesnt fit the profile.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you people are such knee-jerk reactionaries. im not trashing alexander, merely stating the facts which nobody seems to dispute. alexander went down at the slightest bit of contact 95% of the time, penny seems to also suffer from this.

just watch this video from the rams game:
he has skill and can run well, but he does NOT have the smash mouth attitude this team likes. carson and davis put him to shame in that category. i just dont understand why we wasted a 1st round pick on a back that doesnt fit the profile.

I'd say that fans read a little too much into having Lynch as the back in Seattle as being the prototype running back that PC likes. Looking at the backs who have been drafted by the Hawks, those picks pretty much all were more like Penny than Lynch.

Robert Turbin, Christine Michael, Zac Brooks, Alex Collins, C.J. Prosise are all more like Penny than Lynch. I'd even argue that for Carson as well. He has the same skillset as the other guys, he just brings a little more physicality to the table - especially in the open field. The only 2 purely physical runners picked by PC have been specifically picked to convert to fullback (Kiero Small & Spencer Ware), neither were picked to be Lynch replacements.

Overall, Lynch was so physical he hid the faults he had in running in the offense. He created his own holes, so it wasn't noticed as much when he missed the holes that were there.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not seeing penny being worth the carries he is getting. Reminds me way too much of shaun alexander. can run through holes with the best of em, but goes down at the slightest bit of contact. why did we draft a rb that absolutely DOES NOT fit the prototype they like?

Not sure about this, but Penny was way to bounce-happy against Green Bay. He was looking to bounce everything outside, which is not a long-term recipe for success.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget the announcers comment at the half of that game... "The Seahawks won the coin toss and elected to kick the bee-jeezus out of the Vikings'...

Lmao yeah 45 to 0 at half, someone has to have a recording of that, they just have to.

I want to say that Penny is just a little hesitant right now. You see when he just sticks his foot in it he has better luck. He seems slow out there and i think thats just him not being use to the pro game yet or just trying to do to much. Get what teams give you and your pops will happen. We have seen him at times this year seem pretty shift and quick and it's like who was that runningback? Every time i see him do it, it really stands out. He has to start to trust the guys up front more and that only happens with more playing time.

Carson is just a beast out there. Not Beastmode but what i mean is he looks like a mean SOB just the way he stands, Looks and carries himself! His Running only enforces that look.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turbin and michael were physical runners, so was alex collins. prosise was the fred jackson prototype 3rd down receiving back that also doesnt fit the profile but i get what they wanted to do with him at least.

penny isnt physical, has the tendency to NOT hit the hole right away, and doesnt fight for the extra yards after contact. he is the kind of back that can be very good, but also needs a good OL to get value out of him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Collins?

heh. Well sure, he's been a physical runner in Baltimore.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And balance in all things. Tending to not hit the hole 'right away,' can be a good thing. See: Rawls, Thomas. Who became a guy who wouldn't wait for blocks to develop if his life depended on it.

But sure, you can't pussy-foot around waiting for a homerun all the time either - you have to know when to just hit it up in there and lean forward for a 2 and a half yard gain.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Penny has only 62 carries so it's like going into the 4th game for him in a rookie season. He just hasn't seen the field enough to be comfortable and that hand bothers him. Seems like every time he gets hit he is shaking or rubbing it afterword. I think i have seen him do that in every game he has played in this year so far, At least once per game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least nobody is calling him fat anymore.