• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Packers

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny popped pretty well again, and that's good to see. Carson bounced back ok from that 1st play fumble. The whole stable of RBs should pose a pretty big problem down the stretch so long as we can keep the games close enough to be able to go to the run when we want.

Enjoy the mini-bye!

It's going to get even more crowded w/ the return of McKissic... They'll probably release Prosise to make room...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to get even more crowded w/ the return of McKissic... They'll probably release Prosise to make room...
He does seem to be the odd guy out. Talent gone to waste.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Remember McKissic was playing WR in preseason and is also a very good return guy. We might see Prosise stay and someone else gone. McKissic gives depth to the WR group and the return game might become his as Locketts role in the offense is getting much larger.

Now saying that, yeah i believe Posise might get cut, he has rarely seen the field and with Carson/Penny and Davis i can't see him taking a role away from any of those guys. It really is sad because i still believe he could become an extremely talented RB. If Cut someone will pick him up and i have no doubt if he can stay *healthy* he will have strong success.

Prosise was a WR for 2 years in College to his 1 year as a RB. Who knows what they do with him, Maybe a roll as a WR also? Kid does have talent. 6 foot 1 225 WR would be nice.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportrac is pretty cool and it even shows what his Value is.
  • 5 yrs, $42,310,388
  • Avg. Salary: $8,462,078
  • NFL Rank: 195
  • DE Rank: 25
This is his projected Value for a new contract.
He will get about double that amount.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get about double that amount.

No doubt but they base this off of the production and salary of similar players with similar stats. Lets not forget that Bennetts Salary is averaging at 9.8 mill and thats extremely bloated if you ask me. Should Clark get top 10 DE money? No he is not a top 10 DE but top 15? yes. That puts him around 9 Million a year. He is a Little soft against the run ( and our Run Defense shows that ) and that's why i say not top 10.

I have no doubt someone will offer him 11-15 mill a year. So Will Clark be here in 2019 at 15 mill a season or will seattle let him walk? I think for that amount they let Clark walk sadly. :(

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Remember McKissic was playing WR in preseason and is also a very good return guy. We might see Prosise stay and someone else gone. McKissic gives depth to the WR group and the return game might become his as Locketts role in the offense is getting much larger.

Now saying that, yeah i believe Posise might get cut, he has rarely seen the field and with Carson/Penny and Davis i can't see him taking a role away from any of those guys. It really is sad because i still believe he could become an extremely talented RB. If Cut someone will pick him up and i have no doubt if he can stay *healthy* he will have strong success.

Prosise was a WR for 2 years in College to his 1 year as a RB. Who knows what they do with him, Maybe a roll as a WR also? Kid does have talent. 6 foot 1 225 WR would be nice.

I would think if he would have a role at WR, we'd had already seen them transition him... Especially with the lack of depth we have at that position...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think if he would have a role at WR, we'd had already seen them transition him... Especially with the lack of depth we have at that position...

Yeah but Baldwin, Lockett, Moore and Brown will always get the 1st crack. Have we even seen 5 WR on the field this year? Or just 4 WR with a RB flanked out? Have they ever not had a TE in the line-up on a play this season?

I believe Prosise will be the odd man out but has McKissic out played Prosise? i say they both have had flashes it's just Prosise is a piece of china. Dude is fragile. McKissic very well might be just as fragile.

RB Depth on this team is not a problem thats for sure though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might believe Prosise had better than a 50/50 shot to keep his job over McKissic (or anyone else) had the Hawks given him somewhat of a chance to earn it on the field while McKissic was out, but that just didn't happen. Prosise was inactive most of the time or didn't really see the field (1 carry??) when he was. I've never questioned his talent, but unfortunately right now it's hard to justify a roster spot. Kendricks is practicing now as well, which could make it even tougher to keep a guy who doesn't stay healthy or doesn't really play when he isn't injured.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might believe Prosise had better than a 50/50 shot to keep his job over McKissic (or anyone else) had the Hawks given him somewhat of a chance to earn it on the field while McKissic was out, but that just didn't happen. Prosise was inactive most of the time or didn't really see the field (1 carry??) when he was. I've never questioned his talent, but unfortunately right now it's hard to justify a roster spot. Kendricks is practicing now as well, which could make it even tougher to keep a guy who doesn't stay healthy or doesn't really play when he isn't injured.

Agreed

if McKissic comes back he most likely wont play much either. The Backfield is crowded big time. You watch them and Davis and Penny need touches because both have showed they could be starters and then you got Carson. They have been using Davis and Penny a lot more than expect on 3rd downs also, just to get them their touches. It's just so crowded back there that i am shocked they still have a Fullback on the roster to be honest lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

if McKissic comes back he most likely wont play much either. The Backfield is crowded big time. You watch them and Davis and Penny need touches because both have showed they could be starters and then you got Carson. They have been using Davis and Penny a lot more than expect on 3rd downs also, just to get them their touches. It's just so crowded back there that i am shocked they still have a Fullback on the roster to be honest lol.
I think McKissic has a chance to return some kickoffs at least. Doesn't seem like they were much interested in trying Prosise there.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not seeing penny being worth the carries he is getting. Reminds me way too much of shaun alexander. can run through holes with the best of em, but goes down at the slightest bit of contact. why did we draft a rb that absolutely DOES NOT fit the prototype they like?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not seeing penny being worth the carries he is getting. Reminds me way too much of shaun alexander. can run through holes with the best of em, but goes down at the slightest bit of contact. why did we draft a rb that absolutely DOES NOT fit the prototype they like?

i hate when people bring up SA like he was some softy. He was a battering ram in short yardage most of his career till the injuries started to affect him. Then Holmgren who constantly told the press and everyone that would listen that he tells Shaun to go down or go out of bounds to save himself from injury. Thats when it all started. He was to important a piece to risk injury to gain maybe 1 or 2 yards as Holmgren would say. Sure we all didn't like it but we still got to watch one of the best RB ever to play for Seattle football for a long time. It's to bad it fizzled out like it did. Don't need to throw him under the bus every other year guys.

Should be rooting for him as he is in the running this year for the HoF.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when people bring up SA like he was some softy. He was a battering ram in short yardage most of his career till the injuries started to affect him. Then Holmgren who constantly told the press and everyone that would listen that he tells Shaun to go down or go out of bounds to save himself from injury. Thats when it all started. He was to important a piece to risk injury to gain maybe 1 or 2 yards as Holmgren would say. Sure we all didn't like it but we still got to watch one of the best RB ever to play for Seattle football for a long time. It's to bad it fizzled out like it did. Don't need to throw him under the bus every other year guys.

Yeah, the hate that Alexander gets from Seahawks fans is just unreal. Alexander was really good on short yardage - better than Beast Mode. 34 of his 100 rushing tds were 1 yarders, and over half were from the 3 or shorter.

I know, people are gonna talk Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson, so I'm gonna just go on a tangent for a bit. While fair to say that some of Alexander's success was due to the skill of his line - people act like anybody coulda done it, which is just wrong. Alexander was an amazing back that was fun to watch until he broke his foot. Maybe Alexander still has a good year in 2006 if that doesn't happen - as Seattle ran for fewer yards without Alexander that year (112 per game) than with Alexander (125), and needed a 200 yard effort against a horrible Raiders defense to get to 112 a game (94.4 ypg without that effort).

People claim that Alexander made it so the Seahawks couldn't sign Hutchinson - untrue. Alexander's deal was very backloaded, and his cap hit his first 2 years after the contract was signed was less than what Hutch made with Minnesota (something like only $5 million each year) and less than what Alexander made in 2005. There was no way Alexander was seeing the entire $62 million in that contract - and everybody knew it, injuries just made cutting him happen sooner than expected. Seattle could've offered Hutch the $49 million contract themselves, instead of tagging him - but they didn't. The front office got cute with Hutch, and they lost him because of it - not because Alexander got paid - evidenced by the near identical offer they gave Burleson.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny was better at breaking tackles last year than Barkley was. In fact, Penny was tops in all of CFB in breaking tackles.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair on Alexander - he had two totally different mindsets, one for the redzone, and one for everywhere else. If he figured he could bounce of contact to score, sure. Between the 20's? Down at first contact. He was NOT pushing the pile, or trying to get that extra yard an a half after contact.

And to be clear, I was one of the people at the time defending Alexander and the big contract the team signed him to. If you're going to be seen as a destination for FA players you HAVE to pay a reigning offensive MVP.

Seattle has had its share of hugely talented backs who wouldn't push the pile. Chris Warren was another.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As is often the case, football is a game of fits. Alexander was PERFECT for that offensive line because he was supremely talented at making defenders miss in open space. Some of his all-time runs featured that one trademarked cut and then he was off.

If he ran behind some of the O-lines that Lynch had he wouldn't have been nearly as good as Lynch was. But I also don't think that Lynch would have been as productive as Alexander with Alexander's situation. Lynch was a more physical back - he was still talented in space, but not as much as Alexander.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to understand this comment... He's leading all our RB's with 4.8 ypc... He also leads all RB's in scrimmage yards per touch with 5.3 ypt...

And it would be crazy to not be happy if he does turn out to be SA... I'd say SA had a pretty darn good career...