• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Packers

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that you guys are much more fired up about this team now than you were earlier in the year, that tells me there is some hope. As an added bonus if the Bears do well with their draft picks you should actually have a much more competitive team in 24. This was a close game, it's not like the Packers blew the Bears out. Inability to get TDs was the issue, not being worked by the Pack.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that you guys are much more fired up about this team now than you were earlier in the year, that tells me there is some hope. As an added bonus if the Bears do well with their draft picks you should actually have a much more competitive team in 24. This was a close game, it's not like the Packers blew the Bears out. Inability to get TDs was the issue, not being worked by the Pack.
The Packers absolutely dominated the Bears. It was not close. The end of the half was big, particularly with getting the ball coming out of the half. The game should've been put away right there. Did the Packers punt today? They pushed the Bears around all fucking day. It was not close at all. Should've been a blowout. Dominated at the line of scrimmage. Bears got thumped.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers absolutely dominated the Bears. It was not close. The end of the half was big, particularly with getting the ball coming out of the half. The game should've been put away right there. Did the Packers punt today? They pushed the Bears around all fucking day. It was not close at all. Should've been a blowout. Dominated at the line of scrimmage. Bears got thumped.

I was trying to give you guys a silver lining.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not too mention the missed fg and the reciever could not get out of bounds to save anytime on the clock......theres 6 pts.....ya we got our asses handed to us.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shaking my head at 16 total pass attempts by Fields.

Feels like that should be a quarter stat.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know what Getsy wants to do..he wants a new qb. Winning with Justin only weakens his case. If they keep Justin he likely goes. The only sliver of hope he has is someone is stupid enough within the org to bank on him with a new qb.

There is not a doubt in my mind the playcalling in the 4th was so that Getsy can do two things:

1) Say he can't design an offense around Justin to win a game in that spot because he doesn’t trust him

2) Pretty much take away any chance Fields had to have a big moment in the last game.

Seems Fields is resigned to being gone...and that's cool but Chicago should under no circumstances retain Getsy.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sack was on the center......cmon man how hard is it to hike a damn ball.....??
just asking now? It has been an issue for 5 years now. I was hoping it was going to be like the last time they put an emphasis on it when Lucas was pulled from the game after a bad one, just to move Whitehair over and have him snap badly. The thing we cannot develop is a center. wont pick a center in the draft, wont give a real shot to the ones on the team we do pick up. Lost Dieter after never getting any game action, now we lost a year of Kramer.

Feeney had a terrible game. Just about every play Fields took a sack, Feeney was blocking nobody.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when he holds the ball endlessly, there are better options. Alot of this is on Getsy, because other teams, they have hot receivers that know to stay short when they see pressure and go run to where the pressure came from. Just about every time you get the shot from behind, all receivers are running with their backs turned. I never see much from Fields when he should be reading the difference, no calling out a number that he thinks is coming on the blitz, or signalling his receivers, its like it needs to be a big secret. I think no matter what side you are on with Fields, you gotta admit he cannot read a defense. I do not see why it is something that can still be fixed, there just has to be some effort.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just asking now? It has been an issue for 5 years now. I was hoping it was going to be like the last time they put an emphasis on it when Lucas was pulled from the game after a bad one, just to move Whitehair over and have him snap badly. The thing we cannot develop is a center. wont pick a center in the draft, wont give a real shot to the ones on the team we do pick up. Lost Dieter after never getting any game action, now we lost a year of Kramer.

Feeney had a terrible game. Just about every play Fields took a sack, Feeney was blocking nobody.

N,not just asking now.....just part of frustration that we were witnessing against an arch rival team and once again,seems like we are playing against us.....

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N,not just asking now.....just part of frustration that we were witnessing against an arch rival team and once again,seems like we are playing against us.....
I know, just clearly seeing a trainwreck. Poles needs to be there to console Arthur Smith in Atlanta and try to convince him to come here to fix fields instead of sitting home and getting paid. Two assistant head coaches, one on offense, one on defense, I mean everyone said Fields to Atlanta makes perfect sense due to the offense Smith runs.

Now I get to see another 10,000 mock drafts with guys picking tackles, when the interior line needs to be fixed starting with center.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he holds the ball endlessly, there are better options. Alot of this is on Getsy, because other teams, they have hot receivers that know to stay short when they see pressure and go run to where the pressure came from. Just about every time you get the shot from behind, all receivers are running with their backs turned. I never see much from Fields when he should be reading the difference, no calling out a number that he thinks is coming on the blitz, or signalling his receivers, its like it needs to be a big secret. I think no matter what side you are on with Fields, you gotta admit he cannot read a defense. I do not see why it is something that can still be fixed, there just has to be some effort.
Which is why Getsy needs to be shown the door. Toss in the O line coach. If Getsy can't adjust to quick throw offense when the o line is having difficulty, or call designed roll outs, coupled with the fact GB had a spy defending the QB run... well.

Fields has gotten better at reading a D. But yes he takes his sweet time back there in the pocket.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why Getsy needs to be shown the door. Toss in the O line coach. If Getsy can't adjust to quick throw offense when the o line is having difficulty, or call designed roll outs, coupled with the fact GB had a spy defending the QB run... well.

Fields has gotten better at reading a D. But yes he takes his sweet time back there in the pocket.

which ftr...is what Caleb struggles with in college. Surely that gets better in the pros lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what Getsy wants to do..he wants a new qb. Winning with Justin only weakens his case. If they keep Justin he likely goes. The only sliver of hope he has is someone is stupid enough within the org to bank on him with a new qb.

There is not a doubt in my mind the playcalling in the 4th was so that Getsy can do two things:

1) Say he can't design an offense around Justin to win a game in that spot because he doesn’t trust him

2) Pretty much take away any chance Fields had to have a big moment in the last game.

Seems Fields is resigned to being gone...and that's cool but Chicago should under no circumstances retain Getsy.
This is silly. No OC is risking their job to spite a player. That's right up there with intentionally tanking. It doesn't happen.

Now him not trusting him has been fairly evident all season. That's a different discussion tho.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is silly. No OC is risking their job to spite a player. That's right up there with intentionally tanking. It doesn't happen.

I was gonna post that,but couldnt find the right words.......thankd

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now him not trusting him has been fairly evident all season. That's a different discussion tho.

I think Getsy just called for another toss sweep down 8 as I type this

Well then he's horribly unimaginative. We can go with that. Gross incompetence works.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Getsy just called for another toss sweep down 8 as I type this

Well then he's horribly unimaginative. We can go with that. Gross incompetence works.

I mean...He runs the same offense as the HC that was across from him. Execution matters too. I just don't know why we love screens so much and we are just pitifully incompetent in short yardage. Personnel is the bigger issue than Getsy. Every OC gets called out when a team is losing for the most part.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore said "We have everything we need, we just need to play more aggressive" - paraphrasing.
Brisker said "We could have covered those guys, they don't have anything special, but we were coached to play off coverage" - again paraphrasing.

These two comments speak volumes to me, and speak right at what I see as the major flaw / soft spot in the "keep the staff" train of thought. Yesterday was 70% coaching, 30% players IMO, and while all the focus is on Fields all the time, it was a very bad look for Flus and company IMO to get beat the way they did. LeFleur pantsed Flus, and I'm fucking tired of seeing it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore said "We have everything we need, we just need to play more aggressive" - paraphrasing.
Brisker said "We could have covered those guys, they don't have anything special, but we were coached to play off coverage" - again paraphrasing.

These two comments speak volumes to me, and speak right at what I see as the major flaw / soft spot in the "keep the staff" train of thought. Yesterday was 70% coaching, 30% players IMO, and while all the focus is on Fields all the time, it was a very bad look for Flus and company IMO to get beat the way they did. LeFleur pantsed Flus, and I'm fucking tired of seeing it.
I was curious in watching the game. Really felt like loosing JJ moved the Bears into a more zone scheme and away from some man to man. Really big was the loss of Smith the obvious back up. I could be wrong... But that's what it felt like. That and the lack of any pressure on the Packers QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Eberflus may have sealed his fate with the Defensive gameplan yesterday. Absolute dogshit. Played the same fucking scheme all fucking day. Never adjusted, and Love just casually took what they gave him, which was like 9 yards a clip. I was screaming at the TV. Why are they playing so far off of these guys? Why have we rushed 4 on every single snap, while playing the DBs ten yards off the fucking receiver!? So fucking annoying to watch. I hope they can him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious in watching the game. Really felt like loosing JJ moved the Bears into a more zone scheme and away from some man to man. Really big was the loss of Smith the obvious back up. I could be wrong... But that's what it felt like. That and the lack of any pressure on the Packers QB.
They were playing soft zone before Smith went down.

It's such a pussy way to play. You are already conceding that they're better and that you fear them.

Fuck Eberflus. done with that mawfk.