• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks start a fight at the end.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight to end a wild season? Good
Teams that were 3-3 and 2-2 at the beginning of the year going to SB? Great!
Patriots beating all the division leaders and winning the Superbowl? priceless!!!!!

2 teams that fought adversity and fought through emotional layoffs fight at the end?????Love it! Passion!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight to end a wild season? Good
Teams that were 3-3 and 2-2 at the beginning of the year going to SB? Great!
Patriots beating all the division leaders and winning the Superbowl? priceless!!!!!

2 teams that fought adversity and fought through emotional layoffs fight at the end?????Love it! Passion!

End of game cheap shots and taking swings at the team that beat you is not passion, it is fucking cowardice.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don't condone it but I can understand it. You did everything you could to win the game and your coaches blow it for you. They were probably just looking to swing at anything.

The biggest thing I learned is Gronk is my #1 pick for a bar room brawl. Go back and watch that tape. He is straight up wasting dudes like its nothing.

Do you have a video of this? I saw the replay just like everyone else and I don't see him wasting anyone. I see him shove someone, then he gets shoved then starts following Irvin then someone rushes past him and he swats them on the helmet and then he gets tackled and starts wrestling around. Hardly "wasting dudes like its nothing"

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awwww you mad bro???:lol:

naw, not really. I'm disappointed in the play calling a the end of the game. I really feel we should've won, but shit happens.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is an idiot and you wont find seahawk fans that don't think that. Shouldn't have gone after him, but when asked he said he was defending a teammate. He didn't throw the first punch, he just threw the first one caught which is quite typical.

Emotions run high in those games. Sucks that it happened, but lets not make more out of it than necessary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody thinks tis "fight" was a big deal, go back and play with your Barbie Cars.

You play nice now!!!!!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody thinks tis "fight" was a big deal, go back and play with your Barbie Cars.

You play nice now!!!!!

Agreed. The Seahawks players shouldn't have instigated it, but it wasn't the first or last fight we will see in football.

I have seen fights for EVERY SINGLE TEAM that the people here complaining about it root for! It happens. Not cool but it happens.

The Pats won. That's what is important to them. Not some silly fight where people are swinging at guys in full helmets and gear. You can get hurt a lot worse playing the game than in a fight during it.

People will be fined. Punishment will come down from above. Life goes on.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing all about how Seattle started the scrum, but that's not how I remembered it. So, the video just got up on nfl.com and I watched it a few more times. Here's what I see (yes, biased Seahawk fan, so just discount because of team allegiance).

It started with pushing between #63 of New England and #s 95 & 72 of Seattle, minor stuff - nothing more than just hitting each other's hands away.

Irvin (#51) comes from left of the screen and gives #63 minor push which prompts minor push from Gronk (#87). Irvin and Gronk face each other, mostly jawing.

NE #62 shoves Irvin away from Gronk, Bennett (Seattle #72) retaliates by pushing Gronk into the end zone, and #62 pushes Bennett away from Gronk and Seattle #95 pushes NE #62. Gronk takes swing at Seattle #95 (this is the first punch thrown in altercation) and appears to connect with #95's helmet.

Irvin retaliates with punch to Gronk's facemask and is immediately pulled away by ref while Gronk tackles Seattle #95. Scrum starts on the ground between Gronk & #95 with NE #46 taking minor part. Players from both teams start pulling on players from opposing team. Irvin and NE #47 continue to push and pull in back of end zone, #47 eventually pulls off Irvins helmet. And that pretty much ends it.

In the end, both teams participated, neither team is innocent, and if cooler heads than Irvin and Gronk prevail, it never happens.

Here's the video: Frustrations flare on the field - NFL Videos

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing all about how Seattle started the scrum, but that's not how I remembered it. So, the video just got up on nfl.com and I watched it a few more times. Here's what I see (yes, biased Seahawk fan, so just discount because of team allegiance).

It started with pushing between #63 of New England and #s 95 & 72 of Seattle, minor stuff - nothing more than just hitting each other's hands away.

Irvin (#51) comes from left of the screen and gives #63 minor push which prompts minor push from Gronk (#87). Irvin and Gronk face each other, mostly jawing.

NE #62 shoves Irvin away from Gronk, Bennett (Seattle #72) retaliates by pushing Gronk into the end zone, and #62 pushes Bennett away from Gronk and Seattle #95 pushes NE #62. Gronk takes swing at Seattle #95 (this is the first punch thrown in altercation) and appears to connect with #95's helmet.

Irvin retaliates with punch to Gronk's facemask and is immediately pulled away by ref while Gronk tackles Seattle #95. Scrum starts on the ground between Gronk & #95 with NE #46 taking minor part. Players from both teams start pulling on players from opposing team. Irvin and NE #47 continue to push and pull in back of end zone, #47 eventually pulls off Irvins helmet. And that pretty much ends it.

In the end, both teams participated, neither team is innocent, and if cooler heads than Irvin and Gronk prevail, it never happens.

Wow you put some time into that... Irvin's a douche

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly Irvin. He swung on Gronk and then seemed to scamper away like a bitch

I'm looking for a gif of that. Throws a bunch then runs away to the teacher.

he's the lead douche on a team of douches.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about the fact that it is a victory formation on the 6 yard line and the defense is trying to plow through the line after Tom is already down?

It's a tittybaby move, performed by a tittybaby team, lead by a tittybaby coach.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the fact that it is a victory formation on the 6 yard line and the defense is trying to plow through the line after Tom is already down?

It's a tittybaby move, performed by a tittybaby team, lead by a tittybaby coach.

There was nothing wrong with what happened pre skirmish. They may have hoped to get a turnover in the unlikely occasion that the snap is fumbled, nothing wrong with that. Nothing dirty happened until well after the play was over and any efforts to get to the football were long since past, so Brady was in no danger from any Seahawks player.