• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks game notes

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only kidding, I'm not one of those guys that dislike you. And yeah, you should have avoided that prediction if you're bad luck.

That's only because we're both SC grads.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh sounds optimistic about Justin Smith’s injury

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/..._campaign=Feed:+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read)

Asked if Smith could practice this week, Harbaugh responded: “Everyone affectionately refers to Justin Smith around here as ‘The Cowboy.’ I expect we’ll see The Cowboy.

“Knowing what I know of Justin Smith and the situation, yeah I think the Cowboy will be around. Cowboy will be saddled up, ropin’ and ridin’.”

” If it’s humanly possible, The Cowboy will be out there, ropin’ and ridin’. ”

Love Cowboy's grit & determination.

It still seems weird to me that he was ever a part of the Bungles. Then again, that's probably why they let him go.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Davis ever laid out for a catch? Me thinks not.

This is silly of me, but I started noticing this when he didn't go after the Bills pass where Alex injured his finger. Then, I saw it a bunch for all incompletes, a lot with Kaep. But that might just be me looking for something. Can't say that all these would be caught with more effort - I should trust him with understanding when he's capable of it, just like I trusted Alex to know when he was unable to make a particular throw (though this was/is a reason for Kaep being better).

Sometimes, when Alex missed a pass by not throwing, I thought, that was smart because it would be an INT (where with Kaep it had more of a chance). Or when Smith overthrew the ball when it seemed like he gave up on making the narrow throw and just threw it safely, it sometimes was smart, but not very good on showing that he could make the throw. Again, these may have been smart for his capabilities, but his capabilities and Kaep's is the reason to go with Kaep. (When I say capability, I mean consistent and reliable, as I know he has made some tough throws sometimes.)

Yes, this post went from Davis to the QBs, with a focus on Alex a bit (with comparisons to Kaep). Big news coming from me. :)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never seen it. But he could have had 34 yards & 6 points if he would have at least tried on Sunday.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“It doesn’t bother me because I’m a team guy and I try to be a leader around here,” Davis said. “I get excited about other guys’ success. That’s what it is about being excited for the other guys as well.”

Careful, Davis, you know what happened when Smith said he was happy for teammates' (Kaepernick's) success. Just kidding, I know that it's different when discussing the same position (QB) than TE/WR. Though we are talking about receiving (same area), I'm not serious in this remark.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kaepernick overtaken Newton yet in 2011 draft picks? Or not yet, not ever, was already a long time ago? Don't know yet? What do you guys think? (Didn't want to start new thread or put it in a long one.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Has Kaepernick overtaken Newton yet in 2011 draft picks? Or not yet, not ever, was already a long time ago? Don't know yet? What do you guys think? (Didn't want to start new thread or put it in a long one.)

Kaep has out-played Newton by a mile so far. I'm not a huge fan of either, but Kaep is playing better.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaep has to learn how to throw about one foot above where Davis should be to accomodate the patented bunny-hop technique.