• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks game notes

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw, my opinion is Justin Smith is the 49ers defense. Hopefully Kaepernick is on his game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just in case everyone didn't already know this: Harbaugh is 5-1 all-time against Carroll. 2-1 in college; 3-0 in the NFL.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

Jim Harbaugh said X-ray on WR Mario Manningham's knee were negative -- no fracture. No word on ligament damage. #49ers

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Harbaugh said X-ray on WR Mario Manningham's knee were negative -- no fracture. No word on ligament damage. #49ers

No fracture, but his ligaments probably look like they were put through a blender. That was one of the uglier injuries I've seen in a while.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Harbaugh on whether Justin Smith will be back for the playoffs: "I don't know for sure."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm a little irked there were no fines on Chancellor's hit on Davis and Hill's on Manningham. The Hill one is especially irritating; the guy dove at the knees of a player who was already engaged. Obviously if a player is still fighting for yards you can bring him down, but there was absolutely no reason for Hill to go low there. And Chancellor's hit may not have been helmet-to-helmet, but it just about defines hitting a defenseless receiver. Davis was completely exposed and Chancellor put his shoulder basically into Davis' neck.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little irked there were no fines on Chancellor's hit on Davis and Hill's on Manningham. The Hill one is especially irritating; the guy dove at the knees of a player who was already engaged. Obviously if a player is still fighting for yards you can bring him down, but there was absolutely no reason for Hill to go low there. And Chancellor's hit may not have been helmet-to-helmet, but it just about defines hitting a defenseless receiver. Davis was completely exposed and Chancellor put his shoulder basically into Davis' neck.

Agreed. But where can he hit him? if he hits him high, he gets a penalty. I don't understand that. I'd much rather have a concussion than a torn ACL and PCL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. But where can he hit him? if he hits him high, he gets a penalty. I don't understand that. I'd much rather have a concussion than a torn ACL and PCL.

You can hit a ball-carrier high. You just can't hit a QB or a defenseless receiver high. I don't have a problem with a tackler going low, either, so long as the ball-carrier isn't engaged. But here we've got one defender holding up the receiver while another player takes out his knees. That should be illegal.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Hill one is especially irritating; the guy dove at the knees of a player who was already engaged. Obviously if a player is still fighting for yards you can bring him down, but there was absolutely no reason for Hill to go low there.

Ted Robinson made a good point - said 15 years ago a hit like that would have sparked a brawl, its so blatantly dirty. But these days with rule changes its becoming "acceptable" in a sense.

The hit is a perfect example of what most players say - they'd rather be hit in the head than the knee.