• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2020 Draft thread!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Swain? Hmm he is like one of those players that is always just good. consistent and sneaky good. I think he could end up being the #3 WR on this team.

Guess thats not saying much for a #3 WR on the hawks that's a 30-40 catch around 240-300 yard guy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Swain... Could be our punt returner... Has big play ability...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many don't like it but this "rebuild" will take another draft or 2. I like the pieces they got and lets hope they KILL IT in getting UDFA because that is an area that can REALLY shorten a rebuild. If the hawks bring back Clowney or sign Griffin i think the defense will be better but will still not be top 10-15 overall. Maybe close to 15 which is better than last year thats for sure but still not there.
IMO 'rebuild' is mostly used for teams with various issues and also do not have a franchise QB that can carry a team.

As long as you have a pro bowl caliber QB you should always be considered in the race every year.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this pick!

Swain has a very quick first step with plus break away speed. Considering the multiple failed WR picks in mid rounds overs the years, this may actually be one of our better receivers drafted when all said and done.

Great way to end the draft.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO 'rebuild' is mostly used for teams with various issues and also do not have a franchise QB that can carry a team.

As long as you have a pro bowl caliber QB you should always be considered in the race every year.

The Defense is in full rebuild, it was old and slow with no real young talent on the roster. Nothing to build off of only older players to fall back on ( front 7 ) for the most part. The back end was a mess but they picked up Diggs during the season and that helped and added Dunbar this offseason. We could see as many as 6 or 7 new starters on Defense and most of those might not have been on the team last season. that is a rebuild for me.

They had to rebuild that Oline and now they got 19 on the team. We might have 3-4 new starters on the oline. Then you might have a new 3rd down back and TE getting a lot of playing time. Now add in Swain who i think will take over the #3 WR role this coming season.

Lots of new pieces

In my eyes this was year 2 of the rebuild, we are just lucky AF to have Russell Wilson as our QB.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprising that both Hunter Bryant and Salvon Ahmed are still available in rnd 7.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense is in full rebuild, it was old and slow with no real young talent on the roster. Nothing to build off of only older players to fall back on ( front 7 ) for the most part. The back end was a mess but they picked up Diggs during the season and that helped and added Dunbar this offseason. We could see as many as 6 or 7 new starters on Defense and most of those might not have been on the team last season. that is a rebuild for me.
Again, I don't think there is a universal line that defines what a rebuild is, but to me if you are still able to fight for a playoff spot every year, you don't entirely qualify. And as long as you have a PB QB there is no reason you shouldn't expect to at least fight for a wildcard slot each year.

They are down from their SB run years no doubt, but that's not full rebuild mode IMO.

They had a bunch of bad injuries last year that made all of it look worse because their depth wasn't up to par at all. They could easily plug in a few pieces and at least be a threat.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Swain. Feels like our return game was crap last year.

OH, that's because it was.... as we sported a bottom 5 kick return average and bottom 10 punt return average... and were marching out our #1 WR (.....) as a returner...

EXCELLENT pick, A+ grade all the way. How Walter Football rated this a C is beyond me.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OH, that's because it was.... as we sported a bottom 5 kick return average and bottom 10 punt return average... and were marching out our #1 WR (.....) as a returner...

EXCELLENT pick, A+ grade all the way. How Walter Football rated this a C is beyond me.
Swain ranked 4th fastest SEC player at the combine in the 40 only behind Ruggs, Jefferson, and Jeudy. Watching some of his returns tell me he has a roll this year returning kicks while learning the receiver role that he will eventually fill. Great pick.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprising that both Hunter Bryant and Salvon Ahmed are still available in rnd 7.
I'm not. Both would of greatly benefitted from another year playing at the collegiate level.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Dallas was a solid Return guy also. Our return game last year was pretty bad. 29th in kick return average and 24th in punt return average. Thats a lot of hidden yards we could have had, Turns the loss to the 49ers into a win maybe.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas was a solid Return guy also. Our return game last year was pretty bad. 29th in kick return average and 24th in punt return average.

Yah Dallas is kind of a utility overall player. He played WR as well, but he's competent (not sure to what degree) at receiving, returning, and rushing. I think that was the hope with Prosise but as we know he just can't stay healthy. I think with Dallas, Prosise is going to be sent packing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Dallas is kind of a utility overall player. He played WR as well, but he's competent (not sure to what degree) at receiving, returning, and rushing. I think that was the hope with Prosise but as we know he just can't stay healthy. I think with Dallas, Prosise is going to be sent packing.

Prosise? Did they resign Prosise or something because he is a UFA. Prosise is a stud that just is not built for the NFL and it's to bad. He has special talent just doesn't have the body to use it. i feel bad for CJ, he could have been special. I think CJ could have been a 800/800 guy. ( Rushing/receiving )

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise? Did they resign Prosise or something because he is a UFA. Prosise is a stud that just is not built for the NFL and it's to bad. He has special talent just doesn't have the body to use it.

Ah yah, I forgot he was a FA.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't think there is a universal line that defines what a rebuild is, but to me if you are still able to fight for a playoff spot every year, you don't entirely qualify. And as long as you have a PB QB there is no reason you shouldn't expect to at least fight for a wildcard slot each year.

They are down from their SB run years no doubt, but that's not full rebuild mode IMO.

They had a bunch of bad injuries last year that made all of it look worse because their depth wasn't up to par at all. They could easily plug in a few pieces and at least be a threat.
Screamin will continually redefine the terms to ensure what he said was "right."

Our secondary was rebuilt over the last couple years. We added Dunbar this off-season, so he'll be the lone newcomer to the top 5 DBs in the secondary.

You could argue that the DL is being rebuilt, but we still may bring back the 3 best players from it last year (if Clowney signs) plus the leading sacker.

3 of the top 4 LBs are coming back (4 of 4 if Kendricks returns), and 2 of those have been in place as starters together for 8 seasons.

We aren't rebuilding, that's just a goofy statement. We are experiencing a normal amount of turnover while continuing to be a major playoff contender year in and year out because, as you say, we have stability at the most important position in all of team sports. Depending on how these next couple years go, we could be looking at a pretty big rebuild in 2023 or so when guys like Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, Daune Brown, Jarran Reed, and Tyler Lockett are all gone and we've failed to replace them with adequate core talent and are at the point where we are losing more than winning...which will almost certainly mean PC is also gone and possibly Schneider.

We had pretty poor drafts in '13 and '14, and that's one of the reasons we had our dip and missed the playoffs a couple years ago. I think we have done better these last few, so how those players turn out probably determines in large part if we end up rebuilding or just continuing to re-stock around Russell and other top core talent.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the seahawks have done in the draft they pretty much addressed everything that was lacking on the team. We needed to address the DL we added two rookies, we needed another half back as depth until Penny comes back healthy we got that, added some youth to the OL, lastly another TE for good measure.

If we can sign Griffen to a deal then we are pretty much set to take the Division away from the 49ers

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hawks were lucky last season to not have a losing record that was because of the talent the Hawks have at QB. The Offense is good enough the defense is not and has very little talent depth but that changed in the past 4 months. What were they again? 10-2 in one score games lol come on now. Thats insanely high and that is because Wilson is the man.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks were lucky last season to not have a losing record that was because of the talent the Hawks have at QB. The Offense is good enough the defense is not and has very little talent depth but that changed in the past 4 months.
Every team has some kind of rebuild of individual units basically every year. That's all I was saying. This team hasn't been in a full 'rebuild mode' in the Russel Wilson era. And it shouldn't ever as long as he is still productive. Just my opinion.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has some kind of rebuild of individual units basically every year. That's all I was saying. This team hasn't been in a full 'rebuild mode' in the Russel Wilson era. And it shouldn't ever as long as he is still productive. Just my opinion.

I get that but i am looking at the body turnover from just 2018 till now on defense, it's easier to name the ones still left than the ones that have left. Lets see Bobby, Kj ..... uhm