• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly still believe that with the core of Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson and ET, the Seahawks can still be a very competitive team.

They have a ton of players to replace and going have find them with the lower draft picks they have and cheap FAs this year at least.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of as they haven’t hit a home run last few years and they are due to knock one out of the park, but probably in 2019 since they only have one pick in the top 3 rounds.
You aren’t going to make a habit of posting here I hope.

No I've been paying more attention since the Niners signed Sherman. Also I'm the type that only talks football.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like you like to drop hints of doom and gloom for the Seahawks, here on our board. 49ers look like they are on the way up and Seahawks seem to be on the way down. Good times for 49ers fans once again perhaps, always fun to make observations when things are looking sunny I guess.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a ton of players to replace and going have find them with the lower draft picks they have and cheap FAs this year at least.

Indeed.

Luckily, I think that the Seahawks don't have to tear everything down. Just re-tool. They're going the right way so far with moving on from Sherman and Bennett. Avril's release will clear another $7m. I think their plan is to try to roll over a lot of the cap they have right now for next year. Earl and Frank Clark will both be commanding new contracts.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you like to drop hints of doom and gloom for the Seahawks, here on our board. 49ers look like they are on the way up and Seahawks seem to be on the way down. Good times for 49ers fans once again perhaps, always fun to make observations when things are looking sunny I guess.

I like the direction the 49ers are going in, but I don't necessarily anything spells "doom and gloom" for the Seahawks.

Yes we lose some key contributors, but many of those are guys who missed substantial time in the first place. It is important to remember that despite a 9-7 record, 5 of the 7 losses the Seahawks had were within 5 points or less.

There are still a lot of questions to be answered, but I can definitely still see the Seahawks winning 9-10 games next year and I'm a natural pessimist.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Doom and gloom they still have more talent than the Niners did at the end of Baalke's tenure but he made so many mistakes in the mid rounds which led to the last three years of terrible seasons. I've just noticed Seattle missing some recently but it was unrealistic to continue hitting on seemingly every player like they were. I have more faith in your GM than I ever did Baalke, but missing is still missing which does make me nervous. I like when both teams are good makes things much more fun to watch.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the direction the 49ers are going in, but I don't necessarily anything spells "doom and gloom" for the Seahawks.

Yes we lose some key contributors, but many of those are guys who missed substantial time in the first place. It is important to remember that despite a 9-7 record, 5 of the 7 losses the Seahawks had were within 5 points or less.

There are still a lot of questions to be answered, but I can definitely still see the Seahawks winning 9-10 games next year and I'm a natural pessimist.

Funny I’m a “the glass is half full “ guy, but I actually feel it’s best not to do to well in 2018. Not wining the SB or even going to it with out buying tickets. Get that higher draft position in 2019. Not advocating tanking, but don’t waste assets for short term gain in 2018.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I’m a “the glass is half full “ guy, but I actually feel it’s best not to do to well in 2018. Not wining the SB or even going to it with out buying tickets. Get that higher draft position in 2019. Not advocating tanking, but don’t waste assets for short term gain in 2018.

Oh I get it The higher picks will help replenish the talent and the more the better. I don't think Sherman will count toward comp picks because he was cut but I could be wrong.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by Graham leaving.

But so far it has been a one way door.
I'm totally fine with a prudent approach to the first wave. This is stupid money. $8M a year for Paul Richardson??? I don't want in on this game right now, other than re-signing a couple of our own guys like we did with McDougald.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it The higher picks will help replenish the talent and the more the better. I don't think Sherman will count toward comp picks because he was cut but I could be wrong.
You are correct. Players who get released and sign elsewhere don't count.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the greatest team we have ever had in this city dismantle in front of my eyes and I can only wonder if Bevell hadn't been the coordinator how different things might have been. 2-3 super bowls? Sucks. His play calling tore this team apart and now the window has closed. Its all over and im pissed,team like that only comes along once in your lifetime, and that fuckhead tore the team apart. Ballard high dont even want him....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the playoffs with Russell Wilson I genuinely believe anything can happen.

I'm not saying to make a bunch of "win-now" moves, unless they are one year contracts, I'm just saying that I do believe this team will be competitive again in 2018. For the first time in a while, the Seahawks could be a sleeper candidate. The Rams are very well placed to win the division, but with 9 or 10 wins the Seahawks can make the playoffs.

Difference between 8 wins (I doubt the Seahawks will do that poorly, even with the current roster and replacement level players filling the holes we have), and 10 wins in draft selection isn't really all that substantial. The Hawks were a lot better in 2017 than their W/L record indicates IMO. A few things go their way in 2017 and we're looking at an 11 win team.

The Steelers are a great example of how you can re-tool without rebuilding.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the greatest team we have ever had in this city dismantle in front of my eyes and I can only wonder if Bevell hadn't been the coordinator how different things might have been. 2-3 super bowls? Sucks. His play calling tore this team apart and now the window has closed. Its all over and im pissed,team like that only comes along once in your lifetime, and that fuckhead tore the team apart. Ballard high dont even want him....
:lol: During Bevell time here Seahawks were likely the second most successful team in the league ( Pats being first ) unrealistically expectations is always a problem for fans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying to make a bunch of "win-now" moves, unless they are one year contracts, I'm just saying that I do believe this team will be competitive again in 2018. For the first time in a while, the Seahawks could be a sleeper candidate. The Rams are very well placed to win the division, but with 9 or 10 wins the Seahawks can make the playoffs.

Difference between 8 wins (I doubt the Seahawks will do that poorly, even with the current roster and replacement level players filling the holes we have), and 10 wins in draft selection isn't really all that substantial. The Hawks were a lot better in 2017 than their W/L record indicates IMO. A few things go their way in 2017 and we're looking at an 11 win team.

I do think the Seahawks could been much better in 2017 with some better luck and I’m not conceding that that they can’t win 10 games next year, though I don’t expect it. Just want what ever moves the Seahawks do to be for the long term.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is gonna be a Packer, how much cap space will that free up ? The jimmy Graham experiment just never panned out...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A better kicker gets you to 11 or 12 wins last year and that's with all the injuries that piled up.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Graham shouldn't be a problem it's a solid draft class for TE.

Agreed. Way to many drops in between the 20s that could have moved the chains and extended drives. I like JG but the cost is way to much.