• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any news on Malik McDowell? Man if he could plug in and is still keeping up athletically for Bennett this season that'd be huge. Guy has all the talent... I remember his tweets and some comments from the staff saying his injuries would not be career threatening but who knows. I mean guy is a dumbass for an ATV accident, but it's not like this happened with a DUI or street brawl or something.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Stewart visiting the Seahawks today.

Guess it's just some veteran presence in the backfield that's not a fatass like Lacy? Stewart will be 31 but he doesn't have a lot of carries (1,700) and not many receptions. That said, it's mostly because he's been injured on and off through his career. I have to imagine he'd just be extra insurance and Seattle is looking for some veteran leadership and a possible RB by committee this year unless they trade into the early 2nd and grab Guice or something.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Stewart visiting the Seahawks today.

Guess it's just some veteran presence in the backfield that's not a fatass like Lacy? Stewart will be 31 but he doesn't have a lot of carries (1,700) and not many receptions. That said, it's mostly because he's been injured on and off through his career. I have to imagine he'd just be extra insurance and Seattle is looking for some veteran leadership and a possible RB by committee this year unless they trade into the early 2nd and grab Guice or something.
His relatively low amount of carries for his age is also because he was splitting time with Deangelo Williams for quite a while. He's a product of Timberline HS in Lacey, so it may be a cool homecoming. I think he has something left -- at least as much as Lynch did this year as a 31 year old. Career 4.3 ypc with only 3 seasons of over 200 attempts....hasnt seen > 4 ypc the last couple years though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has made a few mistakes the last year or so, getting Mr clutch kicker Walsh, giving up our 2nd and 3rd round picks from this years draft getting and aging LT, who's a good player for sure, but he's not a long term answer... I like Sheldon overall but he might end up being a 1 year rental, and we gave up a draft pick for him... now were watching our core walk away, although we did get something for Bennett ... But I'm just not super thrilled with some of the moves lately... Now were most likely losing Sherman to make cap room, and for all we know Earl is next for a trade, although we should get some picks if that happens ... I like some of the coaching changes, but I"m not thrilled with some of the moves we've made with personnel, we've weakened this draft considerably...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by Graham leaving.

But so far it has been a one way door.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year we brought the zone blocking systems in was with Jim Mora. Brock Huard in a lot of his conversations of explaining how the system works, said the biggest reason it was failing was because of the inability for Carson (our starting TE) to pick up his blocking assignments. A Year later , Carroll's first year as a coach, Ray Roberts was saying the biggest failure in the line was the TE inability pick up his blocking assignments. Year three, we bring in Zack Miller and the second half of that season, Lynch starts running wild. We had one of the top rushing offenses for the next few years. All of a sudden we trade for a TE who can't block. I do not think it is coincidence that our run game has been on steady decline since.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he signs for big money to escalate that pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by Graham leaving.

But so far it has been a one way door.
Best brace yourself, because teams are dishing out big contracts like it's monopoly money. Be foolish to join in at these prices. We'll just have to accept that this is going to be a rough season, grit your teeth and hold on because 2019 it will be a 180 lots of cap and a full slate of picks plus comp picks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best brace yourself, because teams are dishing out big contracts like it's monopoly money. Be foolish to join in at these prices. We'll just have to accept that this is going to be a rough season, grit your teeth and hold on because 2019 it will be a 180 lots of cap and a full slate of picks plus comp picks.

If that is the case then Schneider and PC deserve some criticism. Wagner, ET, and Wilson aren't getting younger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case then Schneider and PC deserve some criticism. Wagner, ET, and Wilson aren't getting younger.

Naa the first group they put together had a great run, now it’s on to putting together a second great group. I’m looking forward to it, even though the initial stage is rough to bear.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naa the first group they put together had a great run, now it’s on to putting together a second great group. I’m looking forward to it, even though the initial stage is rough to bear.

Honestly I would be nervous because they have missed on a lot of guys in the last three or four years. I was with Baalke because it was the previous GM that brought in most of the talent that was really making a difference for the team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would be nervous because they have missed on a lot of guys in the last three or four years.

I think of as they haven’t hit a home run last few years and they are due to knock one out of the park, but probably in 2019 since they only have one pick in the top 3 rounds.
You aren’t going to make a habit of posting here I hope.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does free agency seem to be moving faster than in year's past? Feel like in the last 12 hours or so a lot of the top free agents have flown off the board.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly still believe that with the core of Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson and ET, the Seahawks can still be a very competitive team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of as they haven’t hit a home run last few years and they are due to knock one out of the park, but probably in 2019 since they only have one pick in the top 3 rounds.
You aren’t going to make a habit of posting here I hope.

We haven't seen the home run hit cause we haven't seen the younger guys on the field full time. This year will be a telling tale whether they were home run picks or not.