• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz out of the NFL??

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz new DC for Philly Eagles. I'll be cheering for him. Great hire.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a great hire for a year or too until his players quit on him again.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see it. One more team we will not have to worry about making the playoffs. The crap 9 is not a viable defense and he will not have the the talent he had in Buffalo to go traditional.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo top ranked D.

I am not saying he can't coach, I am saying eventually people grow tired of him and the quit on him.

Also it is interesting to see you assign the Buffaloes defense to Schwartz, when for the Lions you gave the credit to the personnel.

He is the DC not the head coach.

True, so the offense won't quit, just the defense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz is a good DC, but sucked as a HC. So he will prolly have success. Wide 9 or not, he will better that defense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo top ranked D.

He didn't run the wide 9 as much in Buffalo. Had success with them. Then Rex with same guys ran too many 3-4 fronts with 4-3 guys and it showed.

I give Schwartz credit for adapting to his players in Buffalo and not forcing the wide 9 like in Detroit. Rex tried to force his defense and they suffered. Still think he has his work cut out. That offense may force them to play a lot of extra minutes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying he can't coach, I am saying eventually people grow tired of him and the quit on him.

Also it is interesting to see you assign the Buffaloes defense to Schwartz, when for the Lions you gave the credit to the personnel.

Any player who quits on their coach is a bitch, number one.

Number two, Buffalo had a great D the same year the Lions did. Both had elite DTs leading them, Darius and Suh. In 2015, both defenses dropped off big time. Buffalo lost their DC, but the personal didn't change. Lions kept their DC, but lost Suh.

Apples and oranges. Schwartz is obviously a superior DC to Teryl Austin, if you're trying to imply he's not.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player who quits on their coach is a bitch, number one.

Number two, Buffalo had a great D the same year the Lions did. Both had elite DTs leading them, Darius and Suh. In 2015, both defenses dropped off big time. Buffalo lost their DC, but the personal didn't change. Lions kept their DC, but lost Suh.

Apples and oranges. Schwartz is obviously a superior DC to Teryl Austin, if you're trying to imply he's not.

Entire teams quit on Schwartz because he is unpleasant. I don't know which is better, but they are both very good DC's. There is a reason that he has started bouncing around the league now, and keeps taking years off. As talented as he is, he is not talented enough for teams to deal with his ego.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entire teams quit on Schwartz because he is unpleasant. I don't know which is better, but they are both very good DC's. There is a reason that he has started bouncing around the league now, and keeps taking years off. As talented as he is, he is not talented enough for teams to deal with his ego.

If there were Lions teams that quit on Schwartz, I didn't see it. If anything, the team supported him so much it turned them into animals. Titan players never turned on him. Buffalo players never turned on him. They loved him.

But if I'm wrong, and some loser Lions players quit on him, I'm not surprised. Explains why Tampa Bay has won the North more recently than the Lions.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were Lions teams that quit on Schwartz, I didn't see it. If anything, the team supported him so much it turned them into animals. Titan players never turned on him. Buffalo players never turned on him. They loved him.

But if I'm wrong, and some loser Lions players quit on him, I'm not surprised. Explains why Tampa Bay has won the North more recently than the Lions.

You started a thread on the subject in 2014. Lions stigma: suck down the stretch

Lions started out strong and collapsed in the second half, and they did it consistently under Schwartz at the end. Early on in his tenure they competed hard at the end for him. I am not saying he is a bad DC, he is a great DC, he is just hard to get along with by all reports. It is a shame to see a personality that abrassive get in the way of someone that good.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz is a good DC, but sucked as a HC. So he will prolly have success. Wide 9 or not, he will better that defense.

How can he not? That defense was all over the place.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he not? That defense was all over the place.

Their worst game might have been against us.

I think the change in the Philly D may come from not being on the field as much. Just by slowing down the offense IMO.