• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson turned down 21 mil a year

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks offered Russell Wilson nearly $21 million a year - CBSSports.com

well there it is. Thats why i started the minor wilson rant thread seriously 21 million is the fairest deal the hawks can offer that puts him a little more than cam newton and a little less then big ben. If he turned down 21mil and reports are saying they are far in coming to a deal then its true that he wants to be the highest paid QB and make 25 mil a year. If i was the seahawks I would tell him that he will be playing out his rookie deal and if he wants to even think about touching 25mil we better see great passing numbers with you and jimmy graham and another superbowl win

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks offered Russell Wilson nearly $21 million a year - CBSSports.com

well there it is. Thats why i started the minor wilson rant thread seriously 21 million is the fairest deal the hawks can offer that puts him a little more than cam newton and a little less then big ben. If he turned down 21mil and reports are saying they are far in coming to a deal then its true that he wants to be the highest paid QB and make 25 mil a year. If i was the seahawks I would tell him that he will be playing out his rookie deal and if he wants to even think about touching 25mil we better see great passing numbers with you and jimmy graham and another superbowl win

Don't buy in to all the PFT-Prisco Wilson bashing.

Even if it's true, turning down 21 mil doesn't mean that he's holding out for 25. They can make him the highest paid and not pay 25.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a negotiation and we should never begrudge a player maximizing his deal.

Either we resign him for something the team can handle or we kind one more cheap year and pay through the nose for him next year. Either way, he isn't leaving the Seahawks.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I saw the report I knew someone here was going to over react. Let's assume it's true for a minute.

Are the Hawks going to pull the offer any time soon? No.
Is Russ likely to incur a career ending injury in the next several weeks before camp? No.
Is there a chance Seattle might up their offer before camp? Sure is.

Why would Russ sign for anything less than exactly what he wants right now after you consider the above?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Hawks are concerned with volume stats, i would be pissed. Fuck the "great passing numbers". Just do what you gotta do to win. I have tons of confidencet that Wilson can put up bigger numbers if he dropped back more, but who needs to see it until that's what required to win games?

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see more seem to get this than not.

Not accepting an alleged deal is not the same thing as rejecting it.

If he doesn't sign something by the time camp opens and more of those details come out, then it's time to discuss how insane he is. Until that moment everything else is speculation. He's holding out for the best deal he can get. If 21m is the best the team is going to offer and he passes on it and plays out his rookie contract then, and only then, will I agree he is off his rocker.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I saw the report I knew someone here was going to over react. Let's assume it's true for a minute.

Are the Hawks going to pull the offer any time soon? No.
Is Russ likely to incur a career ending injury in the next several weeks before camp? No.
Is there a chance Seattle might up their offer before camp? Sure is.

Why would Russ sign for anything less than exactly what he wants right now after you consider the above?

zDd0u.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know RW has repeatedly said this will all work out and I agree with that. Will RW get a ton of money, yup. Will the Seahawks have to pay more then they like, yup. Will it kill the Seahawks chances of remaining a contender, nope.
I'll admit that I read every scrape of news or rumor, but I take it all with a grain of salt. No need to panick, it will work out just fine.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ridiculous

all of my fellow fans in favor of paying this kind of money for wilson are going to be singing a different tune before too long

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ridiculous

all of my fellow fans in favor of paying this kind of money for wilson are going to be singing a different tune before too long
You think it's a wise thing to go back to clip board Jesus type QBs?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read where RW's camp flat out turned down the offer.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just that douche Pete Prisco being well a FREAKIN' DOUCHE! :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ridiculous

I'm in favor of keeping him on the team. For some reason, many seem to be unrealistic on what that's going to take.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will get done ... This is all part of the process... Wilsons agent will be foolish not to come to the table, this isn't baseball, it's a dam physical sport and Wilson getting paid next to nothing for another year would be CRAZY.... Seahawks will play hard ball... Wilson's agent will eventually come to terms...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $21M per year is only part of the deal. How much up front? That's probably what the hold up is.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there were a way to where we could have him play this season for under 2 mil. :think:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the media and fans are bent on this idea that it isn't likely something gets signed, but I still think a deal is likely to get done. It would just cost Wilson too much NOT to take a deal. That the media is fully bought into his working for 1.5m this year is proof his team is really really good and creating artificial leverage to get every last thing they can because to me it's smoke and mirrors.

Let's say the deal offered really is 21m/y for 5 years. Forget about the signing bonus and how much per year, just keep it simple and say he leaves 21m for this year on the table and takes that 1.5m. That's 19.5m he could have had that he now won't have right? So he's banking on a contract next year that would net him not only more than 21m, but make up for that lost money. He'd have to get at least 25m/yr to just break even on that deal wouldn't he? Ok, he'd come out a little ahead, but seriously.

If he leaves that money on the table he won't make up that ground even if he has a league MVP season and wins the SB.

To me this is just his camp doing what they can to push to the 11th hour and grab every last drop they can. I'd suspect the plan all along was to take a deal on Thur night before camp opens and they are still hoping the Hawks blink and add even something small to what's already there.

Listening to anything either side is leaking out and putting any kind of stock in it is foolish. This will play out in a few days and then there will be lots of time to comment on how stupid the organization was for giving this much of the cap space to any one player or how good/bad the deal is for Wilson.

Again, I'll be at least somewhat surprised if something isn't done and I'm expecting to not like it much as a fan.