• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Russell Wilson Thought

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers - and all the way back to John Elway - all great QBs who wanted more control of how the offense works as they became franchise QBs. Now we have Russell Wilson doing that same thing.

i admire Russell Wilson for really putting himself on the line - about what he wants in a QB opportunity. This not a situation where a famous QB is coming in under a big new contract - and we have to find out if he still has the competitive spirit, the drive and the emotional wellspring to get better. Russell Wilson is coming to Denver and is betting on himself to succeed. The cool thing is Russell Wilson spreads the confidence that he doesn't have anything to lose.

We know by this Wilson brings the commitment to succeed. Is the atmosphere there to give Wilson what he wants to perform? It is certainly what Hackett preaches.
Is the talent there to make it happen? Certainly, the offensive skill positions are top draw.

Like Russell Wilson says; "Let's Ride."

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're looking at 4-6 years with him and I am excited to see what this team can do with an actual QB. They're already a playoff contender even in a very tough AFC West. I wouldn't be surprised to see a SB run from this team led by Wilson.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're looking at 4-6 years with him and I am excited to see what this team can do with an actual QB. They're already a playoff contender even in a very tough AFC West. I wouldn't be surprised to see a SB run from this team led by Wilson.
Great to see you posting!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has two years left on his deal, if it all possible I would try to sign in before the end of this season to like a 6 year $330 million deal. If we wait till he’s scheduled to be a free agent in 2 years we might be looking at more like a 5 year $380 million deal based on how fast QB deals are rising.

I think at all possible we wanna get him signed before people like Herbert, Burrow, etc get their huge extensions

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite on topic, but I think the player who may really benefit from having Wilson at QB will be KJ Hamler. Stay healthy, KJ!

I can’t wait to have him back healthy. The offense desperately missed him. Though with Shurmur in charge, even if he had been healthy, he probably would’ve done almost nothing anyway. Still glad Shurmur is gone…

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my fantasy - give it back - right now.
I think Wilson’s new ‘Lockett’ needs a back up plan. Perhaps someone named Wan’Dale or, say, Bo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson’s new ‘Lockett’ needs a back up plan. Perhaps someone named Wan’Dale or, say, Bo.
I'm game - when you have the best deep throwing qb in the league - exploit it. A couple of bombs - and all of a sudden the run game cranks up.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta United Sport GIF by Major League Soccer

I’m exaggerating with my “let’s hide” and the meme above. I’ve been a broncos fan for four decades and have seen thick and thin. Relatively speaking, I don’t believe there’s ever been a bigger letdown from preseason expectations to season reality.
That said, I’m not going to throw in the towel. I’ll be tuning in for the next game!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers - and all the way back to John Elway - all great QBs who wanted more control of how the offense works as they became franchise QBs. Now we have Russell Wilson doing that same thing.

i admire Russell Wilson for really putting himself on the line - about what he wants in a QB opportunity. This not a situation where a famous QB is coming in under a big new contract - and we have to find out if he still has the competitive spirit, the drive and the emotional wellspring to get better. Russell Wilson is coming to Denver and is betting on himself to succeed. The cool thing is Russell Wilson spreads the confidence that he doesn't have anything to lose.

We know by this Wilson brings the commitment to succeed. Is the atmosphere there to give Wilson what he wants to perform? It is certainly what Hackett preaches.
Is the talent there to make it happen? Certainly, the offensive skill positions are top draw.

Like Russell Wilson says; "Let's Ride."
One thing at least two of the QBs (Wilson, Rodgers) did that has affected their game: they demanded top dollar. And in giving in to their contract demands, the team had to cut corners elsewhere to stay under the cap. And in both instances, the team choose to cut corners on its offensive line. So now they have trillion-dollar QBs that they can't protect because they are playing behind 10-cent lines. Does it make sense? No. You give Denver and Green Bay a top-ten OL, and those two QBs wouldn't look near as bad. Well, Wilson might still. The little leprechaun can't see over his OL so he has to rely on his leg speed and evasive maneuvers, which isn't what it was 10 years ago.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing at least two of the QBs (Wilson, Rodgers) did that has affected their game: they demanded top dollar. And in giving in to their contract demands, the team had to cut corners elsewhere to stay under the cap. And in both instances, the team choose to cut corners on its offensive line. So now they have trillion-dollar QBs that they can't protect because they are playing behind 10-cent lines. Does it make sense? No. You give Denver and Green Bay a top-ten OL, and those two QBs wouldn't look near as bad. Well, Wilson might still. The little leprechaun can't see over his OL so he has to rely on his leg speed and evasive maneuvers, which isn't what it was 10 years ago.
In fairness, our OL was horseshiz when we had Lock on a rookie contract.

Denver needs to fully examine what’s going on with the OL. It clearly needs an infusion of talent and coaching and perhaps both.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, our OL was horseshiz when we had Lock on a rookie contract.

Denver needs to fully examine what’s going on with the OL. It clearly needs an infusion of talent and coaching and perhaps both.
And in all fairness, Russell Wilson, because he is short and because he tends to hold the ball too long when in the pocket on third down, can make an OL look worse than it really is.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is washed up. He can't read the field. So many open receivers the last few games and he doesn't see them. maybe he is too short??!?!
idk....this is going to be a long season.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell is washed up. He can't read the field. So many open receivers the last few games and he doesn't see them. maybe he is too short??!?!
idk....this is going to be a long season.
I don’t understand why Hackett insists on making Wilson a pocket qb. It’s asinine. Russ seems to be able to make a play when he rolls outs or scrambles out of the pocket. Paton should fire Hacket for that reason alone

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Paton invested about five years of this franchise ( if not more) on this move working out. He gets no passes for having decent drafts. Last years draft is suspect right now for me

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Paton invested about five years of this franchise ( if not more) on this move working out. He gets no passes for having decent drafts. Last years draft is suspect right now for me
At most its 3 more years with Russ with significant financial issues.

Also for what we had, getting guys who are playing as rookies and contributing bodes well for that draft class. Dulcich looks legit, and Mathis will be eventually. Just quit putting him in off ball coverage. He was definitely picked on by the chargers, and the refs. But the other option for anyone is PS2, and nobody is risking that.
Jury is still out on most rookies, as it always is. But for the constraints we had, his draft was really good. And let's not forget we traded for Griffith, moved Browning to OLB, etc. The good far outweighs the bad.