• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK gets paid

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he had a QB:suds:

Seahawks signed WR DK Metcalf to a three-year, $72 million extension through 2025.​

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $58.2 million guaranteed, as well as a $30 million signing bonus. That latter number is apparently a record for a wideout. The agreement also means Metcalf will be a free agent again following his age-28 season. It's a sensible expenditure for one of the league's most explosive big-play threats, one who had a 1,300-yard campaign at age 23. Metcalf, of course, fell below the 1,000-yard threshold amongst Seattle's 2021 Russell Wilson weirdness and injury issues. Despite Metcalf's prodigious talent, a statistical bounce-back is far from guaranteed this season with Geno Smith and Drew Lock vying for quarterback duties. Metcalf is a volatile WR2 whose Dynasty stock badly needs a new quarterback.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he had a QB:suds:

Seahawks signed WR DK Metcalf to a three-year, $72 million extension through 2025.​

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $58.2 million guaranteed, as well as a $30 million signing bonus. That latter number is apparently a record for a wideout. The agreement also means Metcalf will be a free agent again following his age-28 season. It's a sensible expenditure for one of the league's most explosive big-play threats, one who had a 1,300-yard campaign at age 23. Metcalf, of course, fell below the 1,000-yard threshold amongst Seattle's 2021 Russell Wilson weirdness and injury issues. Despite Metcalf's prodigious talent, a statistical bounce-back is far from guaranteed this season with Geno Smith and Drew Lock vying for quarterback duties. Metcalf is a volatile WR2 whose Dynasty stock badly needs a new quarterback.

$72M for a WR2 is sensible?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf secured the bag. Surprised it was just 3 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf secured the bag. Surprised it was just 3 years.

I think DK is the one that probably wanted that length. Gets him the security he needs with huge money coming his way over the next few years, but also gives him the freedom to go get another big contract while he is still in his prime. We are seeing this more and more in the NFL of guys banking on staying healthy and wanting 2 big contracts rather than 1. It is why they are pushing instead of waiting until the end of the 5th year option rookie deal to get paid after year 3.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DK is the one that probably wanted that length. Gets him the security he needs with huge money coming his way over the next few years, but also gives him the freedom to go get another big contract while he is still in his prime. We are seeing this more and more in the NFL of guys banking on staying healthy and wanting 2 big contracts rather than 1. It is why they are pushing instead of waiting until the end of the 5th year option rookie deal to get paid after year 3.
Yeah, makes sense. He is younger than Adams and Kirk also signed a shorter one like Metcalf. But, that may be Kirk's biggest one.....LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle

My grade: F

He is too strong, too fast and too durable to be a great WR for years to come. Terrible move by Seattle to make him suffer through the worst QB situation in the NFL. He will become the James Harden of the NFL and become a regular at strip clubs bc why not? He isn't winning anytime soon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, makes sense. He is younger than Adams and Kirk also signed a shorter one like Metcalf. But, that may be Kirk's biggest one.....LOL.
The Kirk deal even if he performs will go down as the biggest head scratcher deal of the 2022 season. No team was even close to paying that kind of money for him. The Jags and some of their contracts they handed out this offseason I guess ticked off a bunch of teams. All of a sudden now every WR can say "Well look how much Kirk got paid and I am a better receiver than him." Makes me happy the Broncos got both of their WR's paid early because if they hit the market my guess is they both would have gotten about $4-5 million more per year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle

My grade: F

He is too strong, too fast and too durable to be a great WR for years to come. Terrible move by Seattle to make him suffer through the worst QB situation in the NFL. He will become the James Harden of the NFL and become a regular at strip clubs bc why not? He isn't winning anytime soon.

lol. I'd grade it a B+ in terms of contract. 3 years is hardly a risk and Seattle will be cheap for a while.

It's also a A+ for Seattle's young next starter because Metcalf is certainly a threat.

It's an F in principle since Metcalf will likely be entirely wasted in his prime.

3 years $72M? I can certainly stomach $24M per year for only 3 years. What I didn't want with Metcalf was some overbloated 5 year $140M deal.