• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burrow gets paid

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny

arguably 2 of the greatest QB's ever, were disregarded by scouts.

Montana - 3rd round
Brady - 6th round

jamarcus russel, #1
I kinda think drafting QBs often has as much to do with who drafts them and circumstances than what the kid does or is. Joe Cool went to the perfect situation with the perfect coach that could get the best out of him.
Same with Brady with the added caviat of Bledsoe getting hurt.
Rodgers was what, 3rd or 4th off the board. Marino dropped down to 27th and the 6th QB taken, although that draft was pretty loaded.
NFL history is loaded with HOFers who were overlooked and overhyped bums like Russell.
The intangibles don't always present themselves to the scouts or at the combine. Then again, sometimes GMs and the scouting staff just totally fuck up ( cough, Trubisky, cough) . No, the cough isn't Covid, lol.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think drafting QBs often has as much to do with who drafts them and circumstances than what the kid does or is. Joe Cool went to the perfect situation with the perfect coach that could get the best out of him.
Same with Brady with the added caviat of Bledsoe getting hurt.
Rodgers was what, 3rd or 4th off the board. Marino dropped down to 27th and the 6th QB taken, although that draft was pretty loaded.
NFL history is loaded with HOFers who were overlooked and overhyped bums like Russell.
The intangibles don't always present themselves to the scouts or at the combine. Then again, sometimes GMs and the scouting staff just totally fuck up ( cough, Trubisky, cough) . No, the cough isn't Covid, lol.
montana at ND:

52%
4,121 yards
25 TD's
25 picks

he wouldnt be drafted today, may not even be invited to a camp

tom brady:

62%
4,773 yards
30 TD
17 picks

i look back at some QB's picked high, top 10, in the 70's and 80's and holy shit is it hot garbage for the most part, statistically, at the college level for the pick.

shit, jeff george in college (2 schools):

59%
6,212 yards
35 TD
35 INT

(4 TD to 15 INT as a freshman at purdue)

"but the ARM!"

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow seems like a nice kid. Ill still need to see it to believe it on the NFL field though.

Ultimately this is a guy who left OSU because he couldnt beat out Dwayne Haskins.

So we shall see
That's OSU lost
001a3810-1e1b-11ea-a1fd-9b04ddff03ae

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow seems like a nice kid. Ill still need to see it to believe it on the NFL field though.

Ultimately this is a guy who left OSU because he couldnt beat out Dwayne Haskins.

So we shall see

This isn't quite true - IIRC, he actually was said to be ahead of Haskins and suffered an injury - and Haskins took the job and ran with it.

I mean, Fields at OSU couldn't unseat dude at Georgia, and he wasn't all that great, either. Sometimes, a change of team/scheme really does wonders for a player.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Burrow succeeding - we'll see. They have a nice core of WR's, and a pretty good 1-2 at RB with Mixon and Bernard both also able to make plays in the passing game.

The OL was actually in the top 15, per PFF, in the 2nd half of last year after they scrapped their scheme and installed a new blocking scheme and Fred Johnson took over at LT. They get back last year's #1 pick at LT, and likely Johnson swinging over to RT. Picked up a G in F/A - the OL won't be top 10, but it just needs to be better.

Again, we'll see...there's some chance they can be decent....I don't think 8-8 is out of the question when you consider that last year's abysmal season still saw 7 or 8 games decided by less than 7 pts, IIRC. IF they can be that bad last year, and still be in most games, only a minimal improvement could see them be a bit more competitive this year with competent QB play and slightly better blocking to start the season.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on Zac Taylor yet. Hoping he proves me wrong.