• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are flying hot and heavy now. Read we will trade with Atlanta and take Manziel at 6. Anyone else seen any good ones?;)

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how media heads spin these rumors as if the Rams can just make that decision. If that's the plan that's what they'll do and its not dependent on Atlanta or Manziel being there at 6. I suppose typing if every third word doesn't get readers.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how media heads spin these rumors as if the Rams can just make that decision. If that's the plan that's what they'll do and its not dependent on Atlanta or Manziel being there at 6. I suppose typing if every third word doesn't get readers.
Thats the thing about rumors so many ifs. I would love to see the Rams shake up the draft again. Now whether that means trading or taking a player like Manziel high well who knows. I see no downside to Manziel. If there was one it would be if he is a total bust. But what about Sam should he fade out after this season he will be a total bust no? Oh he will all ways have his apologist. The poor sooner never had a chance and thats OK. I am starting to go with the Rams cant mess this one up even in taking a QB early. :lol: In asking for rumors I am trying to wake up what seems to be a D.O.A. board. The site itself is buzzing this board not so much.:bawling:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree on Manziel; I see him as the wildcard pick of the draft. Drafting him in the first round would put the entire offseason in a lurch. If he doesn't succeed, you just threw away a 1st round pick and alienated your starting QB, as well as left a hole unfilled in your roster elsewhere (or filled with a lesser talent later in the draft). I don't see much in his style that is a direct transfer to the NFL, especially for a team that played it's best last year with a ground and pound attack.

Sure, he could be an electric pick that takes the NFL by storm, but that's a little too much like playing the lottery with the mortgage payment to me. I would want to know as much as possible about my early 1st rounders, and there is just too much unknown with Manziel for my taste. Let someone else take that gamble. In fact, let someone else trade up with the Rams to take that gamble!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree on Manziel; I see him as the wildcard pick of the draft. Drafting him in the first round would put the entire offseason in a lurch. If he doesn't succeed, you just threw away a 1st round pick and alienated your starting QB, as well as left a hole unfilled in your roster elsewhere (or filled with a lesser talent later in the draft). I don't see much in his style that is a direct transfer to the NFL, especially for a team that played it's best last year with a ground and pound attack.

Sure, he could be an electric pick that takes the NFL by storm, but that's a little too much like playing the lottery with the mortgage payment to me. I would want to know as much as possible about my early 1st rounders, and there is just too much unknown with Manziel for my taste. Let someone else take that gamble. In fact, let someone else trade up with the Rams to take that gamble!

:10:

+10billion

Nice to see someone using their logic at this point in the year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See thats what I am talking about give and take another country heard from. And I have too disagree with you. ( in the nicest possible way of course) I don't see the alienation of our current QB to be a problem anyone you draft will do that conceivably. Hurt feeling don't win games. They need to be pros. Don't see the lurch either only more fans and butts in the seats. If he doesn't succeed we put him on the selves with Sam and the other busts.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see someone open minded.:whistle:

Has nothing to do with being open minded. What he said made more sense than that ridiculous rumor.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did what he said have to do with the rumor? Seemed to be more of an opinion. And disagreeing with mine. No?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and that rumor has to be someone's opinion as well. It's too ridiculous. I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said. I just think we have a better chance of finding big foot than the rams drafting Manzey with one of their first round picks. If he fell to the second round......well then we have something to talk about!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and that rumor has to be someone's opinion as well. It's too ridiculous. I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said. I just think we have a better chance of finding big foot than the rams drafting Manzey with one of their first round picks. If he fell to the second round......well then we have something to talk about!
I think that about answers it. Its all opinion and all good. Unless of course you have inside information. Coaches ear,management,owners etc. Its all guessing and a crap shoot. And while you don't believe there is a chance in hell of drafting Manzeil. There are others that would like to see it in any round.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your heart is in the right place Ozark, and I have no doubt you believe Manziel is going to be a star in the league. And heaven knows I don't have any faith in the Depends spokesman we have at QB now, but I have to agree with others that it is just too big a gamble. Drafting Manziel is like swinging for the fences. If you hit a homerun you're a hero. If you strike out you're the goat. The Rams have struck out too many times in the past to risk a pick like this. We have to maximize our draft THIS year because this is the last of the RG3 trade bounty we're going to get.

Now of course if somebody else drafts Manziel and he sets the league on fire, we're all going to have to acknowledge you as the great soothsayer of this board and henceforth defer to your wisdom.....:yahoo::yield::cheer2: :yo:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your heart is in the right place Ozark, and I have no doubt you believe Manziel is going to be a star in the league. And heaven knows I don't have any faith in the Depends spokesman we have at QB now, but I have to agree with others that it is just too big a gamble. Drafting Manziel is like swinging for the fences. If you hit a homerun you're a hero. If you strike out you're the goat. The Rams have struck out too many times in the past to risk a pick like this. We have to maximize our draft THIS year because this is the last of the RG3 trade bounty we're going to get.

Now of course if somebody else drafts Manziel and he sets the league on fire, we're all going to have to acknowledge you as the great soothsayer of this board and henceforth defer to your wisdom.....:yahoo::yield::cheer2: :yo:
Not necessarily BOSS I have not clue what Manziel will do or be. That is my point no one does. For any player in the draft. As much as one might hope. They just don't have a clue as too what will happen. So anyone that sits down on a player believing they are the second coming like say Watkins, great possibilities there but he could walk out on the field of training camp first day and have a career ending injury. Who knows. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the draft but please don't put it forward as gospel. As far a acknowledging anyone just throw money. And what any of this has to do with draft rumors I dont know.:rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams take Robinson with #2 that tells me they are committed to the run ground and pound game. If that's the case trading Sam and getting a mobile QB like Manziel at 13 and dumping SAMs pay might be an option. Of course this is totally what the rams have not been saying they unless they have changed their mind on Sam

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did what he said have to do with the rumor? Seemed to be more of an opinion. And disagreeing with mine. No?

So, my opinion differing from yours makes ME less open-minded? It seems to put us evenly on level ground, each with our own opinion.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the Rams Will take Connor Shaw in the fourth or fifth round. He is very mobile and can scramble and just makes things happen. a lot like Russell Wilson he just wins.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams take Robinson with #2 that tells me they are committed to the run ground and pound game. If that's the case trading Sam and getting a mobile QB like Manziel at 13 and dumping SAMs pay might be an option. Of course this is totally what the rams have not been saying they unless they have changed their mind on Sam

Who was Texas A&M's leading rusher last season? Manziel, by over 200 yards. I don't see him being part of a ground and pound offense; you need a game manager type for that. Unless you want to ground and pound with your slight rookie QB; we saw how well that worked for RG3.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See thats what I am talking about give and take another country heard from. And I have too disagree with you. ( in the nicest possible way of course) I don't see the alienation of our current QB to be a problem anyone you draft will do that conceivably. Hurt feeling don't win games. They need to be pros. Don't see the lurch either only more fans and butts in the seats. If he doesn't succeed we put him on the selves with Sam and the other busts.

If you take a QB in the first round (and probably even the 2nd), your current starting QB is on his way out very soon. If that's not alienating him, what is? I don't see the Rams taking a QB before day 3 of the draft personally.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was Texas A&M's leading rusher last season? Manziel, by over 200 yards. I don't see him being part of a ground and pound offense; you need a game manager type for that. Unless you want to ground and pound with your slight rookie QB; we saw how well that worked for RG3.

No I didn't mean ground and pound with Manziel. If they have Robinson and Saffold at guard maybe just draft another bruising running back to add with Stacy. But Manziel can move the sticks and scramble and get out of trouble when needed. Defenses will have to probably use a spy on him. I'm just saying... I don't think their going to take Manziel but it's interesting