• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revis vs Nnamdi

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Referred to as the two top corners in the last 5 years, with both having something to prove next year who do you feel will have a better season?

My vote is on Nnamdi only because Revis will be get tested against the Saints, Falcons and Panthers.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Larry Fitz in our division so Nnamdi will get his fair share of tests as well. I would say Nnamdi based on the fact, he isnt coming off of a major injury

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly hope Nnamdi does...:suds:

I don't think Revis is going to get targeted all that much to be honest, those teams certainly won't shy away from him but they're not going to try throwing on him 10 times a game. The procedures to repair injured knee tendons and the rehabilitation of them have gotten so good recently that I think most people expect Revis to return to form, especially with MVPeterson doing his thing last year.

I don't want to hijack your thread but if Culliver is still at CB this season, I think he's going to have more people go after him than Nnamdi will. The Packers will definitely go after him, they went after Cully both games last year including that hail mary bomb to Jones that ended up being a prelude to Super Bowl sunday.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy, Revis. Nnamdi might not even make the team if he doesn't play better than he did last season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very very very low expectations for Nnamdi.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very very very low expectations for Nnamdi.

That's the best way to think. Revis is coming in with the expectation, with that type of money anyway, that he is as good as he has been, but I think he will be tested early and often. Nnamdi had the same stigma at first with the Eagles, but after getting exposed a few times, everyone targeted him. I certainly think Revis will be better than Nnamdi, although I think Nnamdi will exceed everyone's expectations, and I don't think Revis will live up to his expectations.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be a little surprised if Revis gets 8 ints at $2million a pick, Nnamdi will need to work on tackling and underneath routes:) Go 49ers!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis. But asomugah will be much better value.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I certainly hope Nnamdi does...:suds:

I don't think Revis is going to get targeted all that much to be honest, those teams certainly won't shy away from him but they're not going to try throwing on him 10 times a game. The procedures to repair injured knee tendons and the rehabilitation of them have gotten so good recently that I think most people expect Revis to return to form, especially with MVPeterson doing his thing last year.

I don't want to hijack your thread but if Culliver is still at CB this season, I think he's going to have more people go after him than Nnamdi will. The Packers will definitely go after him, they went after Cully both games last year including that hail mary bomb to Jones that ended up being a prelude to Super Bowl sunday.

LOL, most threads get hijacked so its all good in my book. It opens up debates etc. Nnamdi may return to form as well which mean someone will get targeted alot more also, but with Nnamdi, Cully will be out 4th corner.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he's healthy, Revis. Nnamdi might not even make the team if he doesn't play better than he did last season.

I think our defensive scheme will return Nnamdi back to form. Rogers was on a 1 year contract then cashed in with a nice first season. I see Nnamdi doing the same.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the best way to think. Revis is coming in with the expectation, with that type of money anyway, that he is as good as he has been, but I think he will be tested early and often. Nnamdi had the same stigma at first with the Eagles, but after getting exposed a few times, everyone targeted him. I certainly think Revis will be better than Nnamdi, although I think Nnamdi will exceed everyone's expectations, and I don't think Revis will live up to his expectations.

Suhs, I think you are right. If you think about it, Nnamdi and Revis come from the same situation. While Nnamdi was on the Raiders he got the title of best DB in a division with only one legit WR which was Vincent Jackson. You look at Revis, he is a great dont get me wrong, but who in the AFC East has he faced? Look at the QBs and WRs, Dolphins, Bills, the Pats where his only test and Moss, Mossed him a few times.

With Revis going to the NFC South we will see how good he is because Colston, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Roddy White and Julio Jones will test him with jump balls and bombs.

ACL may not old up inside a dome.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suhs, I think you are right. If you think about it, Nnamdi and Revis come from the same situation. While Nnamdi was on the Raiders he got the title of best DB in a division with only one legit WR which was Vincent Jackson. You look at Revis, he is a great dont get me wrong, but who in the AFC East has he faced? Look at the QBs and WRs, Dolphins, Bills, the Pats where his only test and Moss, Mossed him a few times.

With Revis going to the NFC South we will see how good he is because Colston, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Roddy White and Julio Jones will test him with jump balls and bombs.

ACL may not old up inside a dome.

This is exactly what I was thinking. He will be far more challenged by the wide receivers in his new division just with the Falcons alone. Not only that, but trusting a knee in therapy is far more different than trusting it in game type situations where reaction is instinct. I have a feeling there might be a little voice coming from his knee this season that will hamper his abilities on the field. Nnamdi should respond to the style of defense that we play as he won't be called to play zone a majority of the time...at least this is what I am praying for...

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver will be our starting FS and Nnamdi will be the starting CB

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a link a couple days ago on my Iphone, I believe it was from rotoworld, it was just chatter but I didnt realize Culliver played FS at S.C. and that was his best pos coming out of college, and if we dont get one of the top S in the draft then the guy in the article said put your best 4 out there and make CC the starting FS

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yea but Baalke said earlier this offseason that he felt comfortable where the players were currently positioned. At least I believe it was something along those lines. Which to me, states his desire to leave Cully at the Corner position.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is exactly what I was thinking. He will be far more challenged by the wide receivers in his new division just with the Falcons alone. Not only that, but trusting a knee in therapy is far more different than trusting it in game type situations where reaction is instinct. I have a feeling there might be a little voice coming from his knee this season that will hamper his abilities on the field. Nnamdi should respond to the style of defense that we play as he won't be called to play zone a majority of the time...at least this is what I am praying for...

We will see who Darrelle Revis really is this upcoming season. If he is healthy and plays the ACL cant be an excuse.