• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bullshit, you mean the refs who touch the ball on every down didn't notice something was wrong with the game balls? The Patriots won fair and square, deal with it! Can't believe I'm defending the Patriots! LOL!!!

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bullshit, you mean the refs who touch the ball on every down didn't notice something was wrong with the game balls? The Patriots won fair and square, deal with it! Can't believe I'm defending the Patriots! LOL!!!

Apparently not - if the story that they had to be notified by the Colts, and that when they checked, it turned out to be true that the ball was deflated.

Considering the quality of most officials, as well as the fact that they do not need to grip the ball as tightly as any one of the players, I am not surprised they did not notice it. Of course there is always the possibility that Kraft/the Pats prearranged something with Goodell.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's the mystery. into the 3rd quarter suddenly the balls appeared deflated?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did notice- that's why the NFL is investigating in the first place from what I have read. I am highly skeptical any cheating occurred, however. I don't think anybody posting here cares about the win or loss so much as the integrity in question here.

I am no physicist so maybe I'll look like a dumbass, but a ball filled up at room temp at an ideal PSI would have issues in a cold low pressure system that rolled into NE, no? I am assuming that's why the NFL allots fewer footballs for indoor stadiums.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not - if the story that they had to be notified by the Colts, and that when they checked, it turned out to be true that the ball was deflated.

Considering the quality of most officials, as well as the fact that they do not need to grip the ball as tightly as any one of the players, I am not surprised they did not notice it. Of course there is always the possibility that Kraft/the Pats prearranged something with Goodell.

:lame:What a tool! Refs handle the football hundred of times during the course of a season. I think they would know just by feel if a football felt different than it should. Maybe there was a little elf in the ball bag with a valve needle taking air out of the football.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha. Where there's smoke there's fire when it comes to the Pats. Dirty mofos.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also possible they didn't notice but since a team complained they felt obligated to follow up.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:What a tool! Refs handle the football hundred of times during the course of a season. I think they would know just by feel if a football felt different than it should. Maybe there was a little elf in the ball bag with a valve needle taking air out of the football.

......I hear = an elf wearing a hoodie was chased thru the parking-lot during the game....?!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it one ball or more than one ball?...if it was just the one then it could have had a defective valve ..

Exactly,........the reffs only stopped once during the game and switched just one fkkn ball,.....I'm sure the other 11 balls were checked again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is in trouble now. He openly stated that bhe likes the ball over-inflated and beyond the league max. Why? Because he has big hands and can more easily control his passes. Better "double check" Aaron's balls.......

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some days that I wish someone would "deflate" my balls.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is in trouble now. He openly stated that bhe likes the ball over-inflated and beyond the league max. Why? Because he has big hands and can more easily control his passes. Better "double check" Aaron's balls.......

you can ckeck his balls if you want to .. he might even like it ..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure at least 2-3 balls were thrown out of the game.

Two balls were removed. The first was sent out and was a "kicking" ball. Official noticed it tossed it out and a "play" ball was sent in. The second ball was given to the official to wipe off and he thought the ball felt "soft" and replaced it. Both times, the Patriots were on offense.

I imagine that Belichick was trying to 'cheat' by making Brady throw the much slicker kicking ball. No....sorry, he put that ball in so it would be harder for the Colts to intercept.