• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFLPA ranks patriots low for treatment of families

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bbc One Eww GIF by BBC

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I wouldn't do it again. But it was there and cooked so I figured what the hell.

As much as I love grilled octopus I recently read how smart they are so I'm considering giving that up.
I’ve eaten octopus many times as it’s a delicacy in Japan. It did not seem very smart to me - just laying there on a dish with the rest of the sushilmi

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've eaten monkey.
I love monkey on those little Pilipino BBQs. I'd eat a half dozen before heading into Olongopo for a night of San Miguels and the local ladies.

If I could do now what I could do then.............................doesn't sound right.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I wouldn't do it again. But it was there and cooked so I figured what the hell.

As much as I love grilled octopus I recently read how smart they are so I'm considering giving that up.
Octopus are super smart. There was a documentary published at least 15 years ago. Filmed in the puget sound. They put an octopus in a maze with a crab at the other end, it had doors that needed to be opened. Once the octopus figure it out he could go through it in no time flat.

They also had a clear cylinder with a crab inside. The octopus had to open a locking mechanism and then pull the stopper out. Once again as soon as he/she figured it out it was nothing for him/her.

Worth a watch if you can find it.

I used to love taking students on dives and finding octopus for them. Kind of cruel but I used to play octopong with the little ones.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to daycare......

According to a 2024 Care.com report, the average weekly cost of daycare is $321. The cost of child care is reducing household income and savings, with respondents spending 24% of their household income on child care.

1709653232268.png
Care.com

That comes out to $8 an hour over 40 hours. BUT, Most people drop off a kid before they get to work and pick them up after they get out of work. That drops the rate by an hour or two every day so we're talking $6.50-$7.00 an hour. That's damn cheap labor for ensuring the safety and pre-school education of your child.

My wife took in three teachers' kids back in the 1970's. She charged them all $125 a week. They all dropped off the kids at 7:15 AM and """usually""" picked them up by 3:45 PM. Of course they all parent/teacher meetings at least one day a week or as my wife called it, freebie grocery shopping day. My wife was honest and gave them a written receipt every week and reported her childcare every year in April. It's increased $200 a week in 50 years, which doesn't seem unreasonable. Problem is that providing daycare for 65 football players and their families, I'm sure, would far exceed $321 per player per week. My guess? 3-4 times that and then a family room for games? Stay home mom and watch the game on TV if your breastfeeding. Would that room be for just player's families? Or ould it be for coaches and front office personnel? How about trainers and all of the associated people working at the game? Where does it get cut off if the Sunday daycare is costing the owner $500 a kid?