• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFLPA ranks patriots low for treatment of families

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F for weight room
D for travel

I can’t find a timeline with any trend to the gripes … so …

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots ranking

Treatment of FamiliesF-30th
Food/CafeteriaB-15th
Nutritionist/DieticianB-20th
Locker RoomC-20th
Training Room22nd
Training StaffB-25th
Weight RoomF32nd
Strength CoachesC-31st
Team TravelD24th
Head CoachB-27th
OwnershipD+27t

Rankings for all nfl teams:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillette was 'State of the Art' when it was opened in 2001.

Kraft never borrowed a penny and financed it all himself.

The stadium is 23 years old. How about we start a "Go Fund Me" campaign and see if we can raise a couple of billion dollars and ask Bob to match and build a new stadium with 100,000 big, cushioned seats for the fans. A gigantic ultra modern weight/isometric facility, a five star cafeteria and most important 1000 climate controlled seats on both sides of the stands on the fifty yard line with free food and booze for the players' families. Just to start. Build it in New Hampshire so no one has to pay income or sales tax and the name can stay the same.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F-
I thought Bob treated everyone like family?

I was a little surprised with all the money that team made for the organization.

Looking at the list NE isn't rated nearly as bad as plenty of other teams, including the Super Bowl champs.

How are the Chargers and Rams not identical?

Seems like a BS "report".

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the players each need their own plane? They have two of their own. Most teams charter. A "D"? Maybe the flight attendants are old and fat. Or RK isn't footing the bill to fly these millionaires significant others around?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“BS” report or survey?
I don’t get what you mean

The note from the president might help ya:

I should’ve noticed the NFLPA before commenting.

So super rich union members who will ultimately be looking for a new union contract before long get to rate the people who they will be negotiating against. Got it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that everyone seems to forget....................your employer hires you to do a job. Your employer pays you to do a job and offers perks as part of that job. He will offer things that you can pay for to protect your family, such as Health insurance, dental insurance and vision coverage as well as ADD insurance. I'm talking about an 8-5 52 week job where you might get paid vacation and 10 or 12 paid holidays. If you're lucky, you'll be making between $1000 and $2000 a week and taking home $750-$1300 every week.

Families? You might be able to take advantage of a company child care program, but you'll have to kick in for that. I've never heard of any employer that allows you to bring your family in everyday to watch you work and bother other people who are trying to work. No one should expect any owner to provide transportation and lodging for away games. Even for playoff games or the Super Bowl. Why should anyone expect any owner to pay for lodging, food and tickets and transportation for a wife, three kids, mother, father, brothers, sisters and their families aas well as mother and father in law, brother and sister in laws and their kids. Suddenly he's coughing up a couple of million so everyone can watch the game and live for a week on his dime?? I'd buy one 85" OLED television for every players' families and let them figure out who gets to put it on their wall. Unless your girlfriend is bringing $300M by sitting in the owners' booth, she can sit in the cheap seats unless your contract included seats on the 50.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that everyone seems to forget....................your employer hires you to do a job. Your employer pays you to do a job and offers perks as part of that job. He will offer things that you can pay for to protect your family, such as Health insurance, dental insurance and vision coverage as well as ADD insurance. I'm talking about an 8-5 52 week job where you might get paid vacation and 10 or 12 paid holidays. If you're lucky, you'll be making between $1000 and $2000 a week and taking home $750-$1300 every week.

Families? You might be able to take advantage of a company child care program, but you'll have to kick in for that. I've never heard of any employer that allows you to bring your family in everyday to watch you work and bother other people who are trying to work. No one should expect any owner to provide transportation and lodging for away games. Even for playoff games or the Super Bowl. Why should anyone expect any owner to pay for lodging, food and tickets and transportation for a wife, three kids, mother, father, brothers, sisters and their families aas well as mother and father in law, brother and sister in laws and their kids. Suddenly he's coughing up a couple of million so everyone can watch the game and live for a week on his dime?? I'd buy one 85" OLED television for every players' families and let them figure out who gets to put it on their wall. Unless your girlfriend is bringing $300M by sitting in the owners' booth, she can sit in the cheap seats unless your contract included seats on the 50.
You lost me at "nobody should expect.....". Actually, to measure what someone should or should not expect is a LOT more complicated. Expectations should be set by both sides and if the team flies the family one day then stops, it might be a reasonable expectation. If the team stated we never fly your family, then the expectation is unreasonable. If every team in the league does it, then again, it's reasonable to expect it.

Expectations are never as simple as judging what seems reasonable by an outsider (that's us).

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y’all should realize that in the end, an nfl player is just a job. As a sector, they are not “super rich”. When considering that movie actors can be billionaires from their ‘talent’ and MBAs can even make more over their careers, a pro athletes time and energy into their career ain’t all that.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should’ve noticed the NFLPA before commenting.

So super rich union members who will ultimately be looking for a new union contract before long get to rate the people who they will be negotiating against. Got it.

I think this is mostly for comparing the employment environment of each team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching BST, the "treatment of Families" is that Gillette lacks a "Family Room" or "Daycare Area" where a player can have someone watch his kids while he's at practice. I understand now. Players have to hire someone to take care of their kids because the wife's working or doing something critical for the improvement of humanity.

So let me get this straight. During training camp the Patriots have 90 players trying to make the team. Let's say that fifty of them have one or two kids under the age of 4. So Kraft should pony up the cost of twenty five people and all of the amenities as well as several nurses to babysit for all those kids while dad is trying to get a spot on the 53 man roster or 17 man practice squad. And then continue to provide daycare for the next twenty six weeks? Or should he provide that service 52 weeks a year?

And all of that stuff requires the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to license it and gives them free access any time they want to cruise in. You can bet your house that there would be three state employees hanging around Gillette twenty four/seven- fifty two. I imagine that the insurance would be pretty hefty also.

Kraft knows it's an issue and has refused to take on the responsibility of babysitting for anyone else's kids. He knows that the minute he opens up a daycare, the lawsuits will start flowing like cheap wine.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching BST, the "treatment of Families" is that Gillette lacks a "Family Room" or "Daycare Area" where a player can have someone watch his kids while he's at practice. I understand now. Players have to hire someone to take care of their kids because the wife's working or doing something critical for the improvement of humanity.

So let me get this straight. During training camp the Patriots have 90 players trying to make the team. Let's say that fifty of them have one or two kids under the age of 4. So Kraft should pony up the cost of twenty five people and all of the amenities as well as several nurses to babysit for all those kids while dad is trying to get a spot on the 53 man roster or 17 man practice squad. And then continue to provide daycare for the next twenty six weeks? Or should he provide that service 52 weeks a year?

And all of that stuff requires the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to license it and gives them free access any time they want to cruise in. You can bet your house that there would be three state employees hanging around Gillette twenty four/seven- fifty two. I imagine that the insurance would be pretty hefty also.

Kraft knows it's an issue and has refused to take on the responsibility of babysitting for anyone else's kids. He knows that the minute he opens up a daycare, the lawsuits will start flowing like cheap wine.
With the money NFL players make seems to me they could afford daycare. and it's not like their old ladies are pulling a 9 to 5 at Gilette Labs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money NFL players make seems to me they could afford daycare. and it's not like their old ladies are pulling a 9 to 5 at Gilette Labs
The Bucs charge players $1750 if they want a room of their own at away games. Otherwise, you get a roomie.

This stuff is starting to leak out now that these new polls have been released.

Only team with straight A's? Miami Dolphins.

Even the Raiders, Rams and Chargers had less. And LA and LV cost over $3B.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free daycare stuff is bullshit. God forbid they pay for daycare. Players make more than enough to cover their own daycare bills. For the average Joe to be able to do it and daycare takes 20-50% if not more of their hourly wage….. fuck these crybabies. Some people can’t work because they can’t afford daycare. Boo fucking Who…..too these poor football players

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kraft should pony up the cost of twenty five people and all of the amenities as well as several nurses to babysit for all those kids while dad is trying to get a spot on the 53 man roster or 17 man practice squad. And then continue to provide daycare for the next twenty six weeks? Or should he provide that service 52 weeks a year?
24/7/365

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a certain extent, newbies, UDFA, practice squad hopefuls, 2nd-3rd year vets just trying to latch on or cut after an injury don't have a lot of money.

So they come into town for a few weeks, maybe. A few months, again, maybe. A few years hopefully.
Day care is almost a national crisis. Normal families are almost required to have two working parents to make ends meet. And that means every day care you apply to has a waiting list. Good ones are incredible.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a certain extent, newbies, UDFA, practice squad hopefuls, 2nd-3rd year vets just trying to latch on or cut after an injury don't have a lot of money.

So they come into town for a few weeks, maybe. A few months, again, maybe. A few years hopefully.
Day care is almost a national crisis. Normal families are almost required to have two working parents to make ends meet. And that means every day care you apply to has a waiting list. Good ones are incredible.
Okay but their problems should still not be those of the team. Under no circumstance should this be the responsibility of any owner, talk about opening a can of worms. Players are still employee's just like you or I, I see no reason if we had to suffer the slings and arrows of daycare that other employees should not have to. If I am pursuing a job of this magnitude and have a child I would be making arrangements before I landed in Boston or Providence.