• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is in trouble now. He openly stated that bhe likes the ball over-inflated and beyond the league max. Why? Because he has big hands and can more easily control his passes. Better "double check" Aaron's balls.......

I'll bet going around the league this is going to open up a can of worms. Once again they can thank the Colts, just like when they kept getting run over by the Pats in the playoffs which caused Polian to get rules changed on defense, which has made the game a shitpile of flags.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two balls were removed. The first was sent out and was a "kicking" ball. Official noticed it tossed it out and a "play" ball was sent in. The second ball was given to the official to wipe off and he thought the ball felt "soft" and replaced it. Both times, the Patriots were on offense.

I imagine that Belichick was trying to 'cheat' by making Brady throw the much slicker kicking ball. No....sorry, he put that ball in so it would be harder for the Colts to intercept.

I edited my post after you responded to it. That article (which of course may not be accurate) says several balls were removed. The league source specifically says they were removed for being underinflated.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inflation (or lack thereof) of footballs is checked before each game, and the balls are periodically tested during each game.

According to the source, it’s “not unheard of” for a ball to be removed from play for an abnormality noticed during the game.

In this case, given that “several” were abnormal, the questions become: (1) how did it happen?; and (2) was it deliberate?

from moneys link

so this happens in every game the balls are constantly checked .. this is a non issue

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet going around the league this is going to open up a can of worms. Once again they can thank the Colts, just like when they kept getting run over by the Pats in the playoffs which caused Polian to get rules changed on defense, which has made the game a shitpile of flags.

[ :gaah: :gaah: ]......*Irsay and guest/Polian in visitors/box*.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from moneys link

so this happens in every game the balls are constantly checked .. this is a non issue

If a 300 lb lineman lands on the ball could it be deemed abnormal? Could it underflate to some degree? What about a ball that gets spiked hard? Can that cause the ball to underinflate?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from moneys link

That states that it's not unheard of (this does not mean every game) for a ball (not several) to be removed. The last sentence is why this is a topic right now.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl-ntwrk = balls are routinely checked by officials 2-hours prior to every game,.....12-balls are issued to each team,.......maybe the cold/weather affected one or two balls.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a 300 lb lineman lands on the ball could it be deemed abnormal? Could it underflate to some degree? What about a ball that gets spiked hard? Can that cause the ball to underinflate?

What makes that game different than every other game? Look...it obviously had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but that's not the issue here. It could also be a huge equipment screw up (I'm guessing the equipment manager will be looking for employment elsewhere). If it was intentional however, it's disturbing and certainly warrants attention.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is were all the abnormal balls coming from the pats side or were some from the colts? If it's only pats then Houston we have a problem...

I believe that I've heard (not stating as a fact) that the balls in question all came from New England's side.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also possible they didn't notice but since a team complained they felt obligated to follow up.

Which is exactly what I am saying. The refs did not notice anything, the Colts complained, they measured and found the ball(s) to be deflated.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the actual rule from the NFL rulebook: The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials' locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

Given that..how did the Pats accomplish the allegation? Pure bullshit once again.

Exactly.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That states that it's not unheard of (this does not mean every game) for a ball (not several) to be removed. The last sentence is why this is a topic right now.

what I got from reading this was that the refs check the balls during the games if so then its on the refs to me .. someone didnt do their job properly then ..because it should have been caught before it became a problem

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes that game different than every other game? Look...it obviously had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but that's not the issue here. It could also be a huge equipment screw up (I'm guessing the equipment manager will be looking for employment elsewhere). If it was intentional however, it's disturbing and certainly warrants attention.

It's a Colts thing that's what makes it different. The Pats played the Jets, Dolphins and Bills twice and not a peep about such an issue.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I got from reading this was that the refs check the balls during the games if so then its on the refs to me .. someone didnt do their job properly then ..because it should have been caught before it became a problem

The fact that it should have been caught is also not the issue at hand (along with the outcome of the game). The issue is...was this an intentional act by New England.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl-ntwrk = balls are routinely checked by officials 2-hours prior to every game,.....12-balls are issued to each team,.......maybe the cold/weather affected one or two balls.

Didn't realize that you were a ball expert...:wtf2:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you insist that anyone discussing anything about the pats is crying? If anything the pats fans who blatantly defend their team no matter the situation are blatant homers. Are you defending hernandez too???