• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is it always the Pats?

There is some validity to that question but keep something else in mind. When your adversaries throw accusations your way, they may be inclined to use something that will stick or get immediate traction.

Accusations that are similar to pass transgressions get traction and credibility.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriot homers trolling this thread hard.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have a conversion with someone as to WHAT IF ITS TRUE. what does it mean for the Pats? fines, slap on the wrist, serious punishment?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a non-story:

The ref grabbed a flat ball and did his job. He replaced it with a properly inflated ball. It was in the third quarter I believe.

The refs ultimately are responsible for the balls used during the game.

This too shall pass.... except for the haters, they'll hang on to it for dear life.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe all the spiking of the football the Pats have done in the two games with the Colts had caused the ball to deflate somewhat. I find it interesting that if this was some constant thing that the 3 teams in their division who they play twice have not jumped on this.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Sheffler on ESPN brought up this may go back to the last game played in Indy. Stating that two of the balls Indy intercepted were suspicious. I believe he said the defense players kept the ball after itnercepting Brady. Nothing unusual there. But it does open more conspiracy theories.

Each team brings 12 balls that get checked and initialled by the officials. The balls are swapped in and out during the game. Well until a fumble or interception takes place and the player wanrs the ball. Now we have lost positive control of said ball. Haters with tinfoil hats can now have a hay day if this is correct?

Only the kicking balls are controlled by the officials during the game. The game balls are controlled by each teams respective ball boys.

Wouldn`t that be a ballbuster if this turns into conspiracygate?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have a conversion with someone as to WHAT IF ITS TRUE. what does it mean for the Pats? fines, slap on the wrist, serious punishment?

In theory they could lose draft picks. And I believe the old statute about firing the coach from a catapult into the nearest body of water was never actually removed from the books so ole Hoodie may be in for a bit of a ride.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory they could lose draft picks. And I believe the old statute about firing the coach from a catapult into the nearest body of water was never actually removed from the books so ole Hoodie may be in for a bit of a ride.

worry about your team that looks to be getting slapped for tampering with Revis. good luck losing picks with that rag tag group.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worry about your team that looks to be getting slapped for tampering with Revis. good luck losing picks with that rag tag group.

The Jets would just waste the picks anyway so it's no big deal. They won't lose picks, probably just a fine. Woody is an idiot and was answering a question. In his feeble mind the season was over and he did what Woody does, say something stupid.

He actually called Kraft to apologize. I wonder if Kraft is done laughing at him yet?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Kraft was thinking about during that phone call was the weasel Mangina. Karma

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Kraft was thinking about during that phone call was the weasel Mangina. Karma

Somehow I don't think Mr Kraft wastes any of his time thinking about Mangini. After all, he swooped in and got a certain hood wearing gentleman from the Jets at the 11th hour had has been laughing at the Jets ever since

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets would just waste the picks anyway so it's no big deal. They won't lose picks, probably just a fine. Woody is an idiot and was answering a question. In his feeble mind the season was over and he did what Woody does, say something stupid.

He actually called Kraft to apologize. I wonder if Kraft is done laughing at him yet?

that's a good point, :pound:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'A disgruntled Denver fan' implies I had some ulterior motive to post this rather than just to report news. Why would I be disgruntled with the Patriots when we lost to the Colts?

That's the thing, BobGnarly. Pats fans have convinced themselves that everyone is "out to get" the Pats. The truth is that they've been penalized by the league for cheating in the past, are we just supposed to ignore the facts because they don't want to hear it?

I'm totally in favor of the league making sure the Pats don't cheat again.

Last edited by a moderator:

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you'd excuse a serial killer if he played for the Pats, Homer.

And you would order the death penalty without seeing evidence based solely on last name Brady or Bellicheck!