• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we stay, then lee corso may have been wrong after all.... God is NOT a Hokie. otherwise, we wouldn't be punished by being stuck in this shitbox. He has his own conference already. Ive been praying that we become a part of it, for the immense improvement of our athletic and academic programs. #GodsConference

Maybe he's planning on rejuvenating the ACC.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just think it's ridiculous to think we can't be successful outside the SEC. People do realize that 10 years ago the SEC was not a dominant conference. And in 10 years, probably won't be a dominant conference either.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Afghanistan isn't even that bad if you get out of the war areas. Kazakhstan really sucks though.

Taliban insurgents attack popular Kabul hotel; at least 15 killed - The Washington Post

Yea, Afghanistan really IS that bad. Some of the crap you post is nonsensical.

I know you said "If you get out of the war areas," But the people we have over there are mostly in war areas, or the suicide bombers are bringing danger to them. I don't think you should be making light of the dangers they go up against.

We have people getting killed or wounded over there every day, so maybe you should think about that before you say something like "Afghanistan isn't really all that bad."

Sometimes it's a bit too easy to forget we have people in war zones. Let's try not to forget that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay, then lee corso may have been wrong after all.... God is NOT a Hokie. otherwise, we wouldn't be punished by being stuck in this shitbox. He has his own conference already. Ive been praying that we become a part of it, for the immense improvement of our athletic and academic programs. #GodsConference

Are you serious? You should seriously whip the SEC jizz our of your eyes and see what you type sometimes.

The SEC is up right now but as people have said, they wont be forever. The B1G was once the dominant league in the land, FSU ruled for a while, USC and Texas were the big dogs for a while. Right now its the SEC teams. It shifts. The ACC has the teams to be a top conference again and we are on the rise. Would I mind moving to the B1G? Not at all. The $EC, wouldn't give me heartburn either way. And you were negged for the #GodsConference line as i have said i would do in the past.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just think it's ridiculous to think we can't be successful outside the SEC. People do realize that 10 years ago the SEC was not a dominant conference. And in 10 years, probably won't be a dominant conference either.

True. We need FSU to to step up to their reputation. VT has raised it's recruiting profile, so let's see if they can do more with more.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? You should seriously whip the SEC jizz our of your eyes and see what you type sometimes.

The SEC is up right now but as people have said, they wont be forever. The B1G was once the dominant league in the land, FSU ruled for a while, USC and Texas were the big dogs for a while. Right now its the SEC teams. It shifts. The ACC has the teams to be a top conference again and we are on the rise. Would I mind moving to the B1G? Not at all. The $EC, wouldn't give me heartburn either way. And you were negged for the #GodsConference line as i have said i would do in the past.

The Romans ruled for awhile, the Mongols were on top for a bit, Ottomans ruled for awhile, the Nazis had power for a spell, but I'm telling you guys.... Even with far less resources, The Ukraine will take over Europe! They just gotta start winning some of those out of country battles.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Romans ruled for awhile, the Mongols were on top for a bit, Ottomans ruled for awhile, the Nazis had power for a spell, but I'm telling you guys.... Even with far less resources, The Ukraine will take over Europe! They just gotta start winning some of those out of country battles.

:spit:

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we're legitimately blaming the ACC for VT's failings, we're almost as pathetic as FSU fans blaming the ACC for FSU's failings.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're legitimately blaming the ACC for VT's failings, we're almost as pathetic as FSU fans blaming the ACC for FSU's failings.

LMAO!! Clown College has nobody to blame but themselves. They were supposed to help elevate ACC football yet instead they stunk it up.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO!! Clown College has nobody to blame but themselves. They were supposed to help elevate ACC football yet instead they stunk it up.

I think in can easily be argued that VT has been an asset to the ACC, but they do need to win out of conference games.

I'd love to see VT play the Gators, who have been stinking up the FSU-Florida State rivalry for the last couple of years. I believe the last two scores from that rivalry were 31-7 and 21-7.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor going around that the ACC is holding a meeting this morning @ 10AM to discuss Notre Dame.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt that be the point of moving? I mean I would love for VT to jump into another conference and begin playing better comp ASAP. Better yet i would love for other members of our current conference to start/continue to step their game up so that we can be considered in that top 4 more often than not.

If Clemson were to move right now and face off against OU and Texas every year, that would further decrease any chance of going undefeated. No team in the ACC has gone undefeated recently, thus not one has had a legit argument to be in even the top four. With the new model, I don't see a point in jumping ship until a few years play out and see whether or not a 12-1 team from the ACC can get into the playoffs.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson were to move right now and face off against OU and Texas every year, that would further decrease any chance of going undefeated. No team in the ACC has gone undefeated recently, thus not one has had a legit argument to be in even the top four. With the new model, I don't see a point in jumping ship until a few years play out and see whether or not a 12-1 team from the ACC can get into the playoffs.

Exactly.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly do not understand the knee jerk reaction to all this conference realignment SportsHoopla in the last three years; when the dust settles, are TAMU and Mizzou really going to be in a better position? I don't believe either team will be a major factor in the SEC race for the coming years; just look at Arkansas. Sure, they've been in the upper echelon, but when was the last time they played for the SEC championship? Meanwhile, if a team like Clemson/VT/Miami/FSU were to win the ACC at 13-0 or 12-1 (with a loss to a good OOC team or second/third place 10+ win ACC team) there is a very minute chance they get left out of the playoff. I will be happy to stay put IF the ACC gets rid of Swofford.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not understand the knee jerk reaction to all this conference realignment SportsHoopla in the last three years; when the dust settles, are TAMU and Mizzou really going to be in a better position? I don't believe either team will be a major factor in the SEC race for the coming years; just look at Arkansas. Sure, they've been in the upper echelon, but when was the last time they played for the SEC championship? Meanwhile, if a team like Clemson/VT/Miami/FSU were to win the ACC at 13-0 or 12-1 (with a loss to a good OOC team or second/third place 10+ win ACC team) there is a very minute chance they get left out of the playoff. I will be happy to stay put IF the ACC gets rid of Swofford.

My issues are this:

1. I hate the tobacco road cabal and we were never even wanted by the ACC in the first place so I feel no loyalty to it. We have been fucked over in basketball since being here as well.

2. I would move conferences if it helped the school, which a move to the B1G would do (in theory) because of the likely jump to AAU status. In addition, some more electric atmospheres coming from the B1G or $EC would be a lot of fun.

The ACC is not holding the Hokies back at all. Losing to JMU, ECU, UNC, BC etc is.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issues are this:

1. I hate the tobacco road cabal and we were never even wanted by the ACC in the first place so I feel no loyalty to it. We have been fucked over in basketball since being here as well.

2. I would move conferences if it helped the school, which a move to the B1G would do (in theory) because of the likely jump to AAU status. In addition, some more electric atmospheres coming from the B1G or $EC would be a lot of fun.

The ACC is not holding the Hokies back at all. Losing to JMU, ECU, UNC, BC etc is.

My sentiments exactly... as long as the commissioner is an ex-AD of UNCheat and the Tobacco Road mafia has control, the ACC as a whole with writhe in pain amongst the mediocre.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Fair enough. But from my perspective I would rather play stiff competition throughout the year and earn a position in the "final4" than play the dukes of the world and try and back door in.