• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024-25 Off Season Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turcotte signed, 3 years/$2.325 million ($775,000 AAV). This season it's a two way contract, 2025-26 and 2026-27 it's a one way.

Guys are making way more than that on second contracts, he's at the league minimum for the next 3 years. Wow has this pick turned out to be bad and the price point reflects that.

I think he will earn one of the B6 roles this season full time, I just hope he doesn't get hurt this summer somehow taking a shit and is out for the season with hernia surgery.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA, one trade/move they'd like to see for each team:

Los Angeles Kings

Bring back Tyler Toffoli: Goaltending was the obvious play, but the Kings did something about that Wednesday in getting Darcy Kuemper from Washington for Pierre-Luc Dubois. Whether Kuemper is an upgrade from what they had is up for debate, but that issue was addressed. Another scoring winger should be on their shopping list, though, as it seems they could be moving on from the oft-injured Viktor Arvidsson. A reunion with Toffoli, who won a Stanley Cup with the Kings in 2014 and scored 139 goals across his first eight seasons, would give them another dependable right wing behind Adrian Kempe. The 32-year-old unrestricted free agent has moved around teams in recent years, but he can still fill the net, as evidenced by 67 goals over the past two seasons. — Eric Stephens

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turcotte signed, 3 years/$2.325 million ($775,000 AAV). This season it's a two way contract, 2025-26 and 2026-27 it's a one way.

Guys are making way more than that on second contracts, he's at the league minimum for the next 3 years. Wow has this pick turned out to be bad and the price point reflects that.

I think he will earn one of the B6 roles this season full time, I just hope he doesn't get hurt this summer somehow taking a shit and is out for the season with hernia surgery.

See, i dont think he earns the spot...he just gets it as Kings dont have the cap for anything more. The PLG trade didnt do anything to help cap in reality, the term is gone (thank god) but the t9 is not being filled by FAs @ the "saved" 3.2. Roy is going up, Buster up, Spence....then Lizard, grundstrom, arvy, Lewis....i want Thomas to get a spot. Really could use 2 b6 C's that can win FO and backcheck while hitting a guy. (I know we're to hope Buster will be 2C, but no) Dunno with PLG playtime will fair even worse than PLG. But Buster should be fine in a t6 W

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA, one trade/move they'd like to see for each team:

Los Angeles Kings

Bring back Tyler Toffoli: Goaltending was the obvious play, but the Kings did something about that Wednesday in getting Darcy Kuemper from Washington for Pierre-Luc Dubois. Whether Kuemper is an upgrade from what they had is up for debate, but that issue was addressed. Another scoring winger should be on their shopping list, though, as it seems they could be moving on from the oft-injured Viktor Arvidsson. A reunion with Toffoli, who won a Stanley Cup with the Kings in 2014 and scored 139 goals across his first eight seasons, would give them another dependable right wing behind Adrian Kempe. The 32-year-old unrestricted free agent has moved around teams in recent years, but he can still fill the net, as evidenced by 67 goals over the past two seasons. — Eric Stephens

Whats humorous is i think Titties would have been perfect for PLG and lafreniere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Bruins just fleeced Ottawa. Ottawa is sort of a goalie killer team. I bet Korpisalo numbers magically rebound in Boston and Ullmark numbers come crashing down to earth in Ottawa.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is so funny to me for some reason

I think it's a good hire. He's a coach who can build a young team up, someone else will finish the job. He will be good for defense first, structure, instilling good two way hockey.

The issue is he won't win anything there. Some guys just can't get teams over the hump but do help establish roots, much like Terry W. Murray Hates Black People did here.

Very curious if he will deploy the 1-3-1 there or go a different route.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA, ranking NHL defenses:

17. Los Angeles Kings

Current quality: 48th percentile

Looking for: Top-four defenseman

The likely loss of Matt Roy leaves a large hole in the Kings’ top four. They had a pretty strong set-up last season, led by the still franchise-caliber Drew Doughty and two other worthy top-four pieces. But Roy was the No. 2 on the team and he won’t be easy to replace.

The hope is that Brandt Clarke can fill that void. He certainly has the pedigree, but his first couple of tastes of NHL action have left a bit to be desired. Clarke has struggled in heavily sheltered minutes, and though he has obvious top-four potential, the Kings need it sooner rather than later.

Ouch. I don't think this is accurate based on LA having a T5 defense last season, should be ranked higher IMO but we know these guys don't stay up to watch Kings games.

Really concerned on the Roy situation, clearly I'm not the only one who thinks Clarke isn't all he's hyped up to be (yet) and if Roy leaves and Clarke is slotted into RD2, that Gavrikov Clarke pairing is going to disappoint. I see many odd man rushes against.

Tanev would be a good option bit he's going to break the bank come Monday.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clarke will be exactly what he looks like he is. A defenseman who cant play defense, fans always like these guys because....points! I dont mind having a guy like this for pp1 and end of game down by 1 situations but prefer to have defensemen that can play defense, push guys away from their net, stop a forecheck etc. A guy or 2 that is just sound in the dzone with position, their sticks en such is fine too, they dont all have to be crushing guys. But defense and a pass up is all you really need these guys to concentrate on. Even Doughboy when he is at his best is when he protects Kings dzone, not when he is dancing around the other blueline.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Yakemchuk

I doubt he'll be available at pick 21but at this point he's the player I'd like the Kings to draft. Realistically

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Yakemchuk

I doubt he'll be available at pick 21but at this point he's the player I'd like the Kings to draft. Realistically

Dont know him, someone you've watched?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things:

1. Yanetti on record saying ideally he'd like to acquire a 2nd and 3rd round pick in this draft. The Kings do not have a 2nd, 3rd or 5th this year. I could see Arty Retardy bringing back a 3rd tops but not a 2nd by himself.

2. Elliot Friedman linking Jake Guentzel to LA as a FA. Big name player, my guess is he will get close to $9 million in free agency which I hope the Kings do not spend. They just cleared cap room on the PLD deal and they aren't a star player away from a Cup run. Use the money on cheaper guys and build depth to compete, not go for a home run. The Kings do need some scoring wingers though.

I didn't think too much of this but then remember this is the same guy who linked PLD to LA last summer. I laughed and then...we know what happened. I just really hope Blake doesn't do this.

3. Rutger McGroarty, 14OA in 2022 by the Jets, is not on the same page with them. They're wanting him to go pro and he is at the University of Michigan, just won gold with Team USA at the WJCs. He's 20, 6'1/210, LW/C and play a physical game with some skill. The Jets are afraid he may go the unsigned collegiate FA route so they may be taking offers on this guy. I'd definitely inquire if I was Blake but he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

4. Max Domi also linked to LA as 4C to replace The Lizard. He's bounced around a lot but he plays a hard game and would be an upgrade IMO on that line. Not a huge guy but bigger than Lizotte and brings physicality. This is a signing I could get on board with, addresses a need and won't cost a ton. Hope something like that happens. The Kings B6 needs serious improvement to compete in the playoffs.

Almost draft weekend...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could signal Roy is walking, Spence is gone or a Plan B if Clarke flames out.

Grundstrom was making $1.3 million and is an RFA with the same MQO, Burroughs has another year left at $1.1 million so it's a net savings of $200,000 but clearly they made the trade to solidify RHD spot.

Clears out a forward spot too so the Kings are definitely banking on internal cheaper options to fill holes this season. They'll probably sign one of the UFA wingers for a T6 role with Turcotte, Thomas and maybe Fagemo filling in the B6.