• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2. I would move conferences if it helped the school, which a move to the B1G would do (in theory) because of the likely jump to AAU status. In addition, some more electric atmospheres coming from the B1G or $EC would be a lot of fun.

Without a doubt you know more about the academic side of things @VT than I or most others on here do, but it is my understanding that VT will gain AAU in the near future no matter what conference we are in.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But from my perspective I would rather play stiff competition throughout the year and earn a position in the "final4" than play the dukes of the world and try and back door in.

If in a few years, the best teams in the ACC are/have gone 12-1/11-2 with strong OOC wins and they get left out, then absolutely it's time to jump ship. I absolutely hate the ACC with all their back room Tobacco Road bias, but until the ACC gets completely shut out, it offers the easiest road to a respectable (potentially) undefeated season.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If in a few years, the best teams in the ACC are/have gone 12-1/11-2 with strong OOC wins and they get left out, then absolutely it's time to jump ship. I absolutely hate the ACC with all their back room Tobacco Road bias, but until the ACC gets completely shut out, it offers the easiest road to a respectable (potentially) undefeated season.

I agree. If FSU, Clemson, and VT consistently win their high profile games against top 10 teams, the ACC becomes relevant in football. Otherwise, these teams eventually join other conferences, and the ACC loses all relevance in football.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt you know more about the academic side of things @VT than I or most others on here do, but it is my understanding that VT will gain AAU in the near future no matter what conference we are in.

The addition of the new medical school and the promotion of a new PhD level Public Health school (first in the state, which is a shock because of how good the Virginia DoH is) will likely put us in, but you need sponsors as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I guess i get what you are saying with the easiest road thing, but IMO that easy road is going to be the main reason the ACC is left out more often than not.

as far as the strong OOC wins: thats another disadvantage of the ACC, the 12-1 record or just being conference champs will be good enough for the big10, SEC, PAC12, and BIG12.

Not to sound arrogant but I honestly dont want the easy road. I want to play a schedule that excites me as a fan and prepares the team for what is at the end. If they dont win enough to get there, well then they didnt deserve it. If you play in a top notch conference and win your games, then there is no doubt you deserve to be there.

Like i said in my original post: if a few teams can start/continue to step their game up, im all for the ACC.

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!! Clown College has nobody to blame but themselves. They were supposed to help elevate ACC football yet instead they stunk it up.

LOL you negged me for this? You do realize I was calling FSU "clown college" who does indeed have a circus camp http://http://circus.fsu.edu/

I think in can easily be argued that VT has been an asset to the ACC, but they do need to win out of conference games.

I'd love to see VT play the Gators, who have been stinking up the FSU-Florida State rivalry for the last couple of years. I believe the last two scores from that rivalry were 31-7 and 21-7.

Also, we smashed FSU from 2004-2009(last few scores were 45-12, 45-15, and 37-10) so don't try to say the Gators losing 2 straight is "stinking up" the rivalry. FSU done most of the stinking during this rivalry and stinking it up for the ACC's national perception.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL you negged me for this? You do realize I was calling FSU "clown college" who does indeed have a circus camp http://http://circus.fsu.edu/

Also, we smashed FSU from 2004-2009(last few scores were 45-12, 45-15, and 37-10) so don't try to say the Gators losing 2 straight is "stinking up" the rivalry. FSU done most of the stinking during this rivalry and stinking it up for the ACC's national perception.

Ooops. My mistake.

I actually agree with you. I completely misread your post. I'd restore the rep if a) I could, and b) you hadn't already negged me back. However, my point about FSU stomping Florida in the last two meetings was correct.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops. My mistake.

I actually agree with you. I completely misread your post. I'd restore the rep if a) I could, and b) you hadn't already negged me back. However, my point about FSU stomping Florida in the last two meetings was correct.

That's what the neg was for :thumb:

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just repped both VTscores and BChampy.

Now be joyful, dammit! :)

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap...sounds like the ACC Champ will still be locked into the Orange Bowl. I have heard the Chick-Fil-A bowl may be in the rotation for the playoff rounds.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Interesting tidbit there that I was previously unaware. President Steger is the chair of the committee that approved the plan. That's one more tiny reassurance for me that our guys are indeed leading and involved in the college football landscape. Despite what we all hear and complain about, I still think Tech is solid no matter what goes down.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything new??????