• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How so? Granted, I rarely, if ever, post on the Hokie's board, so someone who posts mainly on the WC coming in and calling your fellow Hokie 'fucking stupid' might seem a bit narrow minded. However, I've seen some of his posts and those, coupled with...

OK, I guess I'm going to have to allow it. Particularly since I would love to see the Hokies in the B1G.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herky is good people. Matt's dream of us joining #godsconference would all but die if we got into the Big Ten.

Matt would be on suicide watch if we joined the B1G

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to be in the B1G, pick up AAU status, and travel to the Big House and the 'Shoe. Can you imagine adding "best weather in the conference" to the recruiting arsenal?

The only way it backfires is if UVA goes to the SEC... I'm trying to look at that possibility through unbiased glasses, but I can't take the thought seriously.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA to the SEC is like the US Soccer team joining the Premier league.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt would be on suicide watch if we joined the B1G

Wouldn't be long enough for a watch to be necessary. Just be over. The big ten is the last major conference I would ever want to be in. Big ten games are boring, they don't tailgate the right away, and as I said, we'd have to hangout with Yankees and Midwesterners. And for the guy who said we could go play n the 'shoe like its some cool thing... Ive doneit. Nothing to phone home about. It's not in the same league as a game at VT or Tennessee. Even games at nc state are much better.

I can understand why some would want to keep the ACC together... Its easy drive to some annual games, still has a southern feel with VT and down (obviously not including miami) National titles and money aren't everything to some.
But the fuckin big ten?!?!?! Omg guys theres a chance we'll get more academic money! Woo! Clearly, the big ten schools don't have as much sway as you say considering Nebraska just lost their Aau membership. And academics don't matter that much to begin with. Obviously Harvard and wvu are on different levels, so don't try and pick that apart. but bc one school is ranked 70th and one is raked 55th, a company isn't going to throw your resume in the trash.

If we were to go to the big ten, I wouldnt be able to go to any road games, or want to for that matter. So that would suck. It would be Hokie home games, and a combo of Tennessee, UGA and USC games when VT is away.

Side note... If we were to go to the big ten, and the defections I expect to happen do in fact occur, UVA is almost assuredly headed to #GodsConference and we would become their perennial bitches. Say what u want about the SEC, but I'd rather play in the big sky conference if it meant that UVA wouldn't kick our ass.

Ps... I am posting very late but I am totally sober. Have just had lots of stuff to do, so im burning the midnight oil as I often do.

For my almost weekly dedication to forty six.... here it goes.

I mean.... #YOLO #GodsConference #RTR #TeamParagraphPost

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And academics don't matter that much to begin with

Its a university that is there to educate people first, football is down the list a ways when it comes to importance. Do you honestly think if we went to the B1G and UVA to the SEC we would become their bitch? You are delusional beyond repair if that's the case. I think you just need to jump on the Bama bandwagon now. VT is more of a B1G school than an SEC school and most of us here are happy to agree with that. If you want to talk about fanbases, I would put up with a B1G crowd over an SEC crowd any day. You just don't get that whats best for the SCHOOL is to join the B1G over the SEC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be long enough for a watch to be necessary. Just be over. The big ten is the last major conference I would ever want to be in. Big ten games are boring, they don't tailgate the right away, and as I said, we'd have to hangout with Yankees and Midwesterners. And for the guy who said we could go play n the 'shoe like its some cool thing... Ive doneit. Nothing to phone home about. It's not in the same league as a game at VT or Tennessee. Even games at nc state are much better.

I can understand why some would want to keep the ACC together... Its easy drive to some annual games, still has a southern feel with VT and down (obviously not including miami) National titles and money aren't everything to some.
But the fuckin big ten?!?!?! Omg guys theres a chance we'll get more academic money! Woo! Clearly, the big ten schools don't have as much sway as you say considering Nebraska just lost their Aau membership. And academics don't matter that much to begin with. Obviously Harvard and wvu are on different levels, so don't try and pick that apart. but bc one school is ranked 70th and one is raked 55th, a company isn't going to throw your resume in the trash.

If we were to go to the big ten, I wouldnt be able to go to any road games, or want to for that matter. So that would suck. It would be Hokie home games, and a combo of Tennessee, UGA and USC games when VT is away.

Side note... If we were to go to the big ten, and the defections I expect to happen do in fact occur, UVA is almost assuredly headed to #GodsConference and we would become their perennial bitches. Say what u want about the SEC, but I'd rather play in the big sky conference if it meant that UVA wouldn't kick our ass.

Ps... I am posting very late but I am totally sober. Have just had lots of stuff to do, so im burning the midnight oil as I often do.

For my almost weekly dedication to forty six.... here it goes.

I mean.... #YOLO #GodsConference #RTR #TeamParagraphPost

1339440799989.gif

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#YOLO spelled backwards is #OLOY

Only Losers Obey YOLO

:D

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to post non-Hokie specific stuff on ya'lls board, but I figured you might be interested to get another shade of orange perspective on the recent expansion, 9 conference games, and how it completely wrecks non-conference scheduling: So Long, Ole Miss and OSU - Clemson plyler News - TigerNet.com

If you decide this post is neg worthy, I'll understand.*

* Should you choose to neg, be forewarned that the score differential of the 2012 Clemson/VT game (in Clemson's favor that is) will be directly related to the power and number of negs received.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info and nobody is going to neg you. I am curious as to what it will end up dong to our schedule. We have upcoming home and homes with OSU and Wisky.

I want a chance to make Smart whine.

I don't think our home and home with OSU and Wisky should be impacted, assuming we get 5 conf home games in the years we play them away and 4 in the years we play them at home. If that's now how it sets up, we might have to try to switch them to be that way. I can't remember, will we have 5 conf home games in the odd or even years?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our home and home with OSU and Wisky should be impacted, assuming we get 5 conf home games in the years we play them away and 4 in the years we play them at home. If that's now how it sets up, we might have to try to switch them to be that way. I can't remember, will we have 5 conf home games in the odd or even years?

I am extremely envious of the VT/UVA rivalry now since it doesn't take up an OOC game. Clemson has the unenviable task of trying to have a decent OOC schedule with only one away game slot, as having seven home games is necessary to fund the athletic department. Swofford is a real asshole for putting us, FSU, and GT (to a much lesser extent) in this position...