• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd Cushenberry Appreciation Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was probably one of the most expected Free Agent departures ever. He had a great year but we all knew with the money we spent on the OL last year and our top two OL in Meinerz and Bolles on expiring deals after this year, that Cush wasn't returning to us.

Glad he is a Titan oppose to most other teams. They have a lot of money to spend. He will be blocking for Tony Pollard now and not Derrick Henry.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was probably one of the most expected Free Agent departures ever. He had a great year but we all knew with the money we spent on the OL last year and our top two OL in Meinerz and Bolles on expiring deals after this year, that Cush wasn't returning to us.

Glad he is a Titan oppose to most other teams. They have a lot of money to spend. He will be blocking for Tony Pollard now and not Derrick Henry.
You can't say the Broncos weren't ready for this having drafted centers in each of the last two drafts.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had his best year when it mattered most so good for him. We’re gonna have to see if he was just playing for a contract or if he’s truly gotten better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say the Broncos weren't ready for this having drafted centers in each of the last two drafts.

There is a reason we left Fosyth on the active/inactive roster all year.

Wattenburg has been mostly playing guard.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing with Cushenberry and Simmons is they were outstanding leaders. Now both gone.

Cushberry wasn't really that good until last year and while he was intriguing to bring back after a great year it just wasn't going to happen given our free agent signings last year on the OL and our pending free agents on the OL next year.

I do wonder if Powers doesn't play great next year we can use his money to re-up Meinerz who is going to get paid big with another good year after seeing what Landon Dickerson and Robert Hunt got today. I think we will pay Meinerz too.