• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but only if it really helps us offensively
Well sure, a bat or two must be part of the equation, we don't need another pitcher at this point unless its a top prospect or somebody like a Drew Smyly. But an OF bat would have to be absolute must to do,this deal.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD deserves blame for the Berkman gamble turning into a pile of crap. It was a bad move, but he still does 100x more good than mistakes. Wash's job is to get his players to perform. Whether its his fault or not the players have stopped listening to him.

And I'll agree with you there that there has been some kind of disconnect the last couple of months. Wash needs to probably do something out of the ordinary and be different and hopefully he and the FO are talking about changing things up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll agree with you there that there has been some kind of disconnect the last couple of months. Wash needs to probably do something out of the ordinary and be different and hopefully he and the FO are talking about changing things up.

Well it better happen soon and we better see results in the next 10-14 games or we may very well be out of this thing.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shaky thought. I wouldn't mind for the simple fact that this bullpen is beyond deep. But when you're trading your allstar closer when you're still in the thick of things, what message does that send to the team? If we're able to get ML ready hitters then I'm fine with it. At this point I'd want a player that is a part of future and not a one year or two year player if I were to trade Nathan.
I think this team could use a jolt... And this move wouldn't be a sign we're bailing on the season since we have guys like Soria and Scheppers... And Cotts who can step in effectively. In fact all three can alternate . Who says we need one closer anyway? I think it's been Revsader who's been saying all season that the idea of one closer is ridiculous, and I agree...

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wash talking on 103.3 radio right now.

Yep and it does not sound too good. Wash basically does not want to get into it other than everyone has to look in the mirror...gut check time he called it

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a knee jerk move. You can't blame him when the team team loses and when they win don't give him any credit.

I'll also argue that the moves made this past off season in terms of the offense was nothing but band aids.
You are a nice person and want to believe that this will fix itself given time. Alas he has been given to much time to fix it so nothing of value has changed. One player or two players or even three players struggling is part of baseball if it lasts a couple weeks and things are happening to fix the problem. This entire offense is struggling with every element of the game. It is not JD and not all the players just being shitty at the same time. They are not excelling at any aspect of offensive baseball at this time or for most of the season. Wait and see is not acceptable. JD did not get a great DH last offseason is not an explanation for the issues with this team. JD won't do it but Wash going is the only way to kick some life back in this crew. Wash is a nice person but a shitty manager. JD should give him a job as VP of motivation and get another manager.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone can paraphrase Wash's post game comments that would be great.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team could use a jolt... And this move wouldn't be a sign we're bailing on the season since we have guys like Soria and Scheppers... And Cotts who can step in effectively. In fact all three can alternate . Who says we need one closer anyway? I think it's been Revsader who's been saying all season that the idea of one closer is ridiculous, and I agree...

If it brings the right bat back it could be a move that wakes this team up. But wherever he brings back has to make a real impact. Otherwise it sends the wrong message to the players.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it does not sound too good. Wash basically does not want to get into it other than everyone has to look in the mirror...gut check timen he called it
Wash can sound mad as all get out but he's gotta be one of the problems.

Old school

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have another thread for this, but tough, I'm posting here...I wanted to hear everybody's "civil" comments about possibly trading Nathan. I know, everybody's first response is " are you f'ing kidding me!" But if you think about it, it's not such a bad idea, and could bring some real talent to the Rangers for this year and more importantly, future years. He's 38 years old, only signed thru this year ( option for 2014), we're stacked in the bullpen and could replace his role, and there would be significant interest. I would think the Tigers, Red Sox and Pirates among others would be frothing over getting him for the playoff run and would likely overpay. What do you think?
What do we need a closer for anyway?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash can sound mad as all get out but he's gotta be one of the problems.

If they've tuned him out it doesn't matter what he says. Anyone who's been part of a team with dysfunction in the locker room knows that once the team has tuned the coach/captain/leader out it doesn't come back.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a nice person and want to believe that this will fix itself given time. Alas he has been given to much time to fix it so nothing of value has changed. One player or two players or even three players struggling is part of baseball if it lasts a couple weeks and things are happening to fix the problem. This entire offense is struggling with every element of the game. It is not JD and not all the players just being shitty at the same time. They are not excelling at any aspect of offensive baseball at this time or for most of the season. Wait and see is not acceptable. JD did not get a great DH last offseason is not an explanation for the issues with this team. JD won't do it but Wash going is the only way to kick some life back in this crew. Wash is a nice person but a shitty manager. JD should give him a job as VP of motivation and get another manager.

Why aren't you keeping the players accountable? How about the 120 million dollar SS? Nobody is talking about a few guys struggling, we all know that is a part of baseball but despite the injuries, adversity, and struggles this team is still in the thick of things and 7 games over .500. At this point everybody needs to be accountable. Wash has tried different things to mix it up and it's not working, the players just cannot hit worth a damn. Luckily JD and the FO is running this organization and making the decision because who knows how it would be if we fans ran it.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone can paraphrase Wash's post game comments that would be great.

He said that they did have a meeting, but would not talk about it. He did say that he did not lie the offensive approach and that they were pressing.