• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play the Angels tomorrow. Just what we needed? We seem to play well against those guys.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches - "Hey guys, we can't beat anybody if we don't score any runs!" Team - " Wow, you know, you're right, we just now have realized this, what were we thinking?" Pitchers - " F U offense!" ....end of productive team meeting...
You just won an Oscar.:laugh3:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is ready to fire Wash. Why does JD get off the hook? He failed to find a hitter (except a broken down DH and now a 41 year old PEDS addict) during the offseason. He put together this impotent bunch of losers. His magic is gone. Get rid of him too.

He has still brought in some incredible talent. There's talents hitters on this team tht aren't performing. That's not his fault. Wash is the one not getting the most out of his very talented players, a skill that was supposed to be his saving grace. JD is nowhere near the problem. You fail.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They responded pretty nicely after the last team meeting. At this point you have nothing to lose. Gotta try it and you never know.
Wonder if Wash is in the meeting?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If has still brought in some incredible talent. There's talents hitters on this team tht aren't performing. That's not his fault.

There is some really good talent here but they aren't performing either. Baseball is a mental game and mentally they have not been in sync all season long. I don't know how we can blame anybody but the players themselves. They're reaching August and it's the same story with the hitters. Offense needs to be accountable but JD does deserve his share of the blame as well.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash has lost this team. Motivation of the players to run through a wall for him has been his major trump card the past three years. This strength is nowhere to be seen this year and arguably it was absent last year for most of the post All Star season. An example is needed and sometimes a manager needs to take the sword because you can't fire a whole team. A band aid offensive fix will not do it. Giving an axe to the hitting coach has not worked in the past but tossing this hitting coach along with Wash needs to be examined. Wash can not even legitimately claim he was responsible for the pitchers doing so well this year. Some teams do well with a mid-season switch of managers like the NYY changes that Steinbrenner used to do and others not so well. However, can anyone say that the Rangers will do worse with a change of managers? Give Maddox a shot for the rest of this season or bring up a manager from the minors. In addition, at least one player needs to get the boot. I suggest Murphy. Designate him for assignment. He has zero trade value, cannot be sent to AAA to fix his issues and is a free agent after the season. EB/Baker platoon may not be a great solution but again how can it be worse than Murphy. No hope is anywhere on the horizon with Wash at the helm. He is comfortable, his coaches are comfortable and the players are comfortable. The whole team needs to become uncomfortable ASAP. Fire Wash and send Murphy packing will send a message that no one is safe if their performance does not warrant it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is because he hasn't spoken to the media yet and I haven't seen his post game comments yet so that means he's probably a part of it.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has still brought in some incredible talent. There's talents hitters on this team tht aren't performing. That's not his fault. Wash is the one not getting the most out of his very talented players, a skill that was supposed to be his saving grace. JD is nowhere near the problem. You fail.

:agree: JD brings in the talent, it is wash's job to develop it and he has not done that.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NewbergReport: Still? @PeasESPN: Still no Ron Washington for me to talk to for our postgame interview on the Rangers Radio Network

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash has lost this team. Motivation of the players to run through a wall for him has been his major trump card the past three years. This strength is nowhere to be seen this year and arguably it was absent last year for most of the post All Star season. An example is needed and sometimes a manager needs to take the sword because you can't fire a whole team. A band aid offensive fix will not do it. Giving an axe to the hitting coach has not worked in the past but tossing this hitting coach along with Wash needs to be examined. Wash can not even legitimately claim he was responsible for the pitchers doing so well this year. Some teams do well with a mid-season switch of managers like the NYY changes that Steinbrenner used to do and others not so well. However, can anyone say that the Rangers will do worse with a change of managers? Give Maddox a shot for the rest of this season or bring up a manager from the minors. In addition, at least one player needs to get the boot. I suggest Murphy. Designate him for assignment. He has zero trade value, cannot be sent to AAA to fix his issues and is a free agent after the season. EB/Baker platoon may not be a great solution but again how can it be worse than Murphy. No hope is anywhere on the horizon with Wash at the helm. He is comfortable, his coaches are comfortable and the players are comfortable. The whole team needs to become uncomfortable ASAP. Fire Wash and send Murphy packing will send a message that no one is safe if their performance does not warrant it.

That's a knee jerk move. You can't blame him when the team team loses and when they win don't give him any credit.

I'll also argue that the moves made this past off season in terms of the offense was nothing but band aids.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have another thread for this, but tough, I'm posting here...I wanted to hear everybody's "civil" comments about possibly trading Nathan. I know, everybody's first response is " are you f'ing kidding me!" But if you think about it, it's not such a bad idea, and could bring some real talent to the Rangers for this year and more importantly, future years. He's 38 years old, only signed thru this year ( option for 2014), we're stacked in the bullpen and could replace his role, and there would be significant interest. I would think the Tigers, Red Sox and Pirates among others would be frothing over getting him for the playoff run and would likely overpay. What do you think?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have another thread for this, but tough, I'm posting here...I wanted to hear everybody's "civil" comments about possibly trading Nathan. I know, everybody's first response is " are you f'ing kidding me!" But if you think about it, it's not such a bad idea, and could bring some real talent to the Rangers for this year and more importantly, future years. He's 38 years old, only signed thru this year ( option for 2014), we're stacked in the bullpen and could replace his role, and there would be significant interest. I would think the Tigers, Red Sox and Pirates among others would be frothing over getting him for the playoff run and would likely overpay. What do you think?

I agree but only if it really helps us offensively

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some really good talent here but they aren't performing either. Baseball is a mental game and mentally they have not been in sync all season long. I don't know how we can blame anybody but the players themselves. They're reaching August and it's the same story with the hitters. Offense needs to be accountable but JD does deserve his share of the blame as well.

JD deserves blame for the Berkman gamble turning into a pile of crap. It was a bad move, but he still does 100x more good than mistakes. Wash's job is to get his players to perform. Whether its his fault or not the players have stopped listening to him.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier if it really could have helped, now it just seems desperate.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a shaky thought. I wouldn't mind for the simple fact that this bullpen is beyond deep. But when you're trading your allstar closer when you're still in the thick of things, what message does that send to the team? If we're able to get ML ready hitters then I'm fine with it. At this point I'd want a player that is a part of future and not a one year or two year player if I were to trade Nathan.