• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope they get this thing turned around pretty quick... they still have a shot but playoffs hopes are starting to fade. There is really no one person responsible, the whole team offensively and defensively has fell off. If those things don't pick up fast, I fear the pitching will too.

Good pitchers will continue to pitch well. Could they run out of gas meaning the bullpen? Sure that could happen but the pitching should still be there to deliver their end.

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else agree that we could be seeing the beginning of a Ron Washington death watch? I said before that I don't think the Rangers will fire Wash this offseason. But that could easily change if the team completely craters in the second half of this season.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that's not bad. He is right it is gut check time. Let's see how this team responds.
LOL Wash and his fucking gut. The holy grail of Wash responses. JHC he is a complete moron. How about this Wash for a real damn leader?

"I (Wash) take full responsibility for the extended period of poor play by the offense. I am the manager and ultimately it is my responsibility to have this team playing much better than they have been playing for a long time now. I have made some mistakes and the players need to look at themselves too. I challenge these players and the rest of my coaches to pick it up so we can finish this season playing the kind of ball that the fans and our ownership deserve. I am announcing right now that I will resign as coach of the Rangers if this team fails to make the playoffs and at least get past the one game wild card play-in. We have too much talent not to achieve this modest goal. If however, we fail to make this goal then it is time for someone to be accountable and that is what I am prepared to do with my resignation."

This is what he needs to say but he won't because he is too damn comfortable.:L

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else agree that we could be seeing the beginning of a Ron Washington death watch? I said before that I don't think the Rangers will fire Wash this offseason. But that could easily change if the team completely craters in the second half of this season.

I would not be surprised if he's fired before tomorrow night's game

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt the FO is looking at this and rightfully so. Everybody is employed and gets a paycheck so by default everybody is up for evaluation and Wash is not and should not be totally excluded. But I will maintain my stance that he is not the sole problem here.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Wash and his fucking gut. The holy grail of Wash responses. JHC he is a complete moron. How about this Wash for a real damn leader?

"I (Wash) take full responsibility for the extended period of poor play by the offense. I am the manager and ultimately it is my responsibility to have this team playing much better than they have been playing for a long time now. I have made some mistakes and the players need to look at themselves too. I challenge these players and the rest of my coaches to pick it up so we can finish this season playing the kind of ball that the fans and our ownership deserve. I am announcing right now that I will resign as coach of the Rangers if this team fails to make the playoffs and at least get past the one game wild card play-in. We have too much talent not to achieve this modest goal. If however, we fail to make this goal then it is time for someone to be accountable and that is what I am prepared to do with my resignation."

This is what he needs to say but he won't because he is too damn comfortable.:L

Just because he doesn't say it in front of the camera's doesn't mean he doesn't. Fail.

Let's also not overrate the offensive talent here. Ya they should be better but they lost a lot during the off season.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? he has lost the team and a change needs to be made.

I don't think he's lost this team. They're struggling but the players are shitting the bed. I think blaming only Wash would be an excuse. He has his share of blame I am not saying that but you can also blame the players and the FO.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been calling for his head since before the season began so I'm sure they have identified who they want to replace him.

By people do you mean the fans? The fans are not dictating what business the FO does luckily.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's lost this team. They're struggling but the players are shitting the bed. I think blaming only Wash would be an excuse. He has his share of blame I am not saying that but you can also blame the players and the FO.

We'll have to agree to disagree. What is his job if not to get his players to play?

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the FO specifically, Refuge?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think hes lost this team either. But I don't like the managing he does either

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By people do you mean the fans? The fans are not dictating what business the FO does luckily.
I'm talking about people on this board and ESPN. People taking part in these discussion boards. The majority have said Wash should go. So who would they replace him with?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to get the point across to the team someone's head has to roll. you can't punish the whole team so you go after the head (manager). that's the way it's been done for years

Old school

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the FO is looking at this and rightfully so. Everybody is employed and gets a paycheck so by default everybody is up for evaluation and Wash is not and should not be totally excluded. But I will maintain my stance that he is not the sole problem here.
No one is saying he is, but it starts with the manager. You can't fire the players and JD, while he is the one providing the talent, is hands off on the way they play on the field. How much longer before we hear boos at the ballpark. This is two years of second half BAD baseball and that is a trend that cannot continue. Hash words by the manager will not fix this problem.