• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree. What is his job if not to get his players to play?

Teams go through ups and downs and given everything that has happened they've managed well. When a team struggles it doesn't always warrant an immediate firing of a manager or coach. I am not and have never been a fan of knee jerk firings. I don't care what league you're in or if you're in college etc. A little adversity and trying times happen even to the best organizations. I am not exonerating Wash at all I want to make that clear but the problem here is not just Wash. The hitters have been awful and I think to a man they will tell you straight up that they have sucked and nobody is to blame but them. When you're messed up mentally there isn't much anybody can do...players will just have to figure out a way to get out of their slump because they all have track records.

Who in the FO specifically, Refuge?

I think JD deserves his share of blame by default. Begging Berkman to come out of retirement when he was willing to be a volunteer coach at Rice was a band aid. Baker has over achieved and worked out but he's nothing but a role player. Not having a clearly defined role for Profar and making a decision on him has been an issue. People forget they lose Hamilton, Napoli and Young. I know people will dismiss those things but they were huge parts of this lineup for a long time. It does mess with the lineup. Combined all that the hitters have all decided to shit the bed offensively this season so whatever bad could happen here has happened.

And despite all that and injuries to pitchers they're still in the thick of things and 7 games over .500. I just can't only blame one person here and expect a manager will solve the problems. I am not buying that.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Durrett ‏@espn_durrett 1m
I bet. @DanaLarsonFSN: When told of how long the meeting went, Wash said “I was on a roll!”

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Durrett ‏@espn_durrett 1m
I bet. @DanaLarsonFSN: When told of how long the meeting went, Wash said “I was on a roll!”
Actually Wash was on a stale bun.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to get the point across to the team someone's head has to roll. you can't punish the whole team so you go after the head (manager). that's the way it's been done for years
FOREVER It's done that way

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would like to blame whats going on with the Rangers on Wash, they simply cant score enough runs the way they are constructed. I remember before the season, a lot of folks were saying good riddance to Josh, MY, and Nap, but those moves gutted our lineup. Of course, a lot of folks told me how Berkman was gonna cover up Josh all by himself, LOL

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would like to blame whats going on with the Rangers on Wash, they simply cant score enough runs the way they are constructed. I remember before the season, a lot of folks were saying good riddance to Josh, MY, and Nap, but those moves gutted our lineup. Of course, a lot of folks told me how Berkman was gonna cover up Josh all by himself, LOL

The only one I was not happy to see go was Napoli, but not as a catcher, as a 1B/DH

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash has rode this ship from the lows before to after aquiring Josh, he was the Titanic, who's back everybody rode to the Highest highths (World Series) , now there is nothing but Iceburgs floating in Shark infested waters
Wash is in Deep water now with no Lifesaver in sight. Wash has no answers, only the same old Same old. Wash was brought in to Teach Fundamentals, it ain't working.
"Insanity is the Act of repeating the Same old Mistace again, again and again"

bye , bye Wash

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash has rode this ship from the lows before to after aquiring Josh, he was the Titanic, who's back everybody rode to the Highest highths (World Series) , now there is nothing but Iceburgs floating in Shark infested waters
Wash is in Deep water now with no Lifesaver in sight. Wash has no answers, only the same old Same old. Wash was brought in to Teach Fundamentals, it ain't working.
"Insanity is the Act of repeating the Same old Mistace again, again and again"

bye , bye Wash

I still don't see anything happen until the off season if it does happen but we'll see. Times are interesting in Arlington these days.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams go through ups and downs and given everything that has happened they've managed well. When a team struggles it doesn't always warrant an immediate firing of a manager or coach. I am not and have never been a fan of knee jerk firings. I don't care what league you're in or if you're in college etc. A little adversity and trying times happen even to the best organizations. I am not exonerating Wash at all I want to make that clear but the problem here is not just Wash. The hitters have been awful and I think to a man they will tell you straight up that they have sucked and nobody is to blame but them. When you're messed up mentally there isn't much anybody can do...players will just have to figure out a way to get out of their slump because they all have track records.

I think JD deserves his share of blame by default. Begging Berkman to come out of retirement when he was willing to be a volunteer coach at Rice was a band aid. Baker has over achieved and worked out but he's nothing but a role player. Not having a clearly defined role for Profar and making a decision on him has been an issue. People forget they lose Hamilton, Napoli and Young. I know people will dismiss those things but they were huge parts of this lineup for a long time. It does mess with the lineup. Combined all that the hitters have all decided to shit the bed offensively this season so whatever bad could happen here has happened.

And despite all that and injuries to pitchers they're still in the thick of things and 7 games over .500. I just can't only blame one person here and expect a manager will solve the problems. I am not buying that.

Losing Young was addition by subtraction, he was done

Hamilton was in his own world, he was an explosive player but you see where his stubbornness is getting him now

I wanted Napoli back but not as a catcher, much preferred him to Berkman as a DH type