• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Diamondbacks For Two Games May 28-29

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing and Semien being as good as he is on those types of balls probably makes the play but after I thought about it they were hard hit balls with very short hops so I will give the guy a little bit of a break on them this time. Only because we won.
And with Semien on the team, Duran has never made a start there since 2022. In fact, Duran has made more big league starts at 1B than he has at 2B.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray and Sborz have each thrown a bullpen. Gray says it is mainly being well enough to field his position that he is needing.

Urena expects to make his next start.
Gray and Eovaldi both pitch very similar in that they spin off of the mound which doesn't put you in the best position to field a ball anyway. But it will be good to keep getting guys back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if one or two of these young relievers pan out
Yeah, we need one of them to work our, for Leclerc to be decent, and for the good Sborz be back and healthy. Then when we finally get Urena back in the pen, things will look up. I wouldn't doubt that we will trade for another set up man.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s beginning to look like, he maybe not pitch in a game this season.
Yeah, I have been thinking along those lines since his first set back.

I am starting to wonder about Bradford coming back as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bradford and Sherzer don't come back, Urena may remain a starter. Just guessing but there is little known to be sure of anything, however I am feeling better across the board.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a bummer if Bradford doesn't make it back. He was pitching so good.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seager is such a huge difference. Good SP and pen did its job. Maybe some momentum

Kind of glad Carter is on IL This time I hope he rehabs and finds some aggressiveness at the plate

Like Wyatt to swing at 1 pitches. Looks like the umps are giving them the rookie treatment

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seager is such a huge difference. Good SP and pen did its job. Maybe some momentum

Kind of glad Carter is on IL This time I hope he rehabs and finds some aggressiveness at the plate

Like Wyatt to swing at 1 pitches. Looks like the umps are giving them the rookie treatment
They,the plate ump, gave everyone the rookie treatment. Terrible!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very bad outing for Leiter tonight.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Scherzer update​

Right-hander Max Scherzer threw his third bullpen session since Saturday and gave mixed reviews.

Everything with his arm and back is normal, and his throwing progression is on the right track. However, he still has some nerve issues in his thumb and is frustrated by the uncertainty with an injury he is experiencing for the first time.

He isn’t sure what the next step is in his rehab.

“I have no idea,” he said Tuesday. “I can get on the mound and step on it, and it feels good. This is so unknown to me. I don’t know how we go forward.”

The Rangers took Scherzer off of a rehab assignment late last month with what was initially diagnosed as an issue with his thumb ligament. A nerve issue was eventually diagnosed, and he received an injection of cortisone and Botox in his shoulder two weeks ago.

Tests on his elbow and neck came back clean.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas about the Round Rock game:

Bright spot would be a solid outing from Cole Winn following the blown save in his first appearance back in AAA. Nothing dazzling but would’ve held up against big leaguers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another really good outing for Ryan Lobus tonight for Hickory.

From Adam Morris:

Lobus was an UDFA signed by the Rangers last summer out of Mercer. Started the year at Down East, currently at Hickory.

From Tepid:

He was silly again tonight. That breaking ball might be the best single offering on the farm. (Teodo has the other two. lol)

Ryan Lobus is carving up A-ball because he has a nasty SL. Coming from that low, loopy slot and moving like a pie pan into the wind. 9bb/51k in 33.1ip. 2.16 ERA.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a very bad outing for Leiter tonight.
Not surprised at all. So much excitement 2 years about Leiter, Winn and White. Would be such a blow if neither one of them ever become a decent starter for the Rangers. It’s not looking good right now. Hope Leiter can get it together but baseball can be so unpredictable