• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed when he went after Garza, he meant business and was going for it.
The Lee trade had the desired results (more than expected). Probably and hopefully thought the same with Garza. Sure he's just as disappointed if it doesn't. Atta boy Nelson.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense blows. Nothing else to say. There will be some poorly pitched games, but is not the pitchers losing games.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you know Maddux didn't have something to do with that?

Well even if he did and wash didn't overrule it, then it's still on Ron.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you sit on your thumbs and say this team has had the best winning percentage under Wash, it must be him not the players on the winning teams. Then continue to watch the team lose games on poor in game decisions made by the manager. I'd rather not and see someone come in that will make the right moves, or at least the one that gives the team the best chance at winning

No, organizations can go through ups and downs. It happens to the best of them but there isn't a need to knee jerk and blow everything up and fire your coach/manager. Be really careful what you wish for. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Wash has done a hell of a job this season considering the injuries this team has had and the losses on offense they had during the off season. People won't admit it but that is the reality.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they decide to pay him, and we all know pitchers are at a premium, then it will be a good move.
If he doesn't get one bat, and we lose Berkman and Cruz this season, I'll assume that was the plan, to re-sign Garza at whatever price

All good players come at a premium. I think he'll get in the range of 5 years and about 90 millionish and he'll be worth every penny of it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed when he went after Garza, he meant business and was going for it.

He clearly is, but it would be hard to blame him if he decided he wasn't giving up a bunch of prospects for a bat that wouldn't matter with the way this team is playing. He went out in good faith and got garza hoping it would light a fire under the team and all they've done is repay his good faith with garbage. One bat wouldn't help much the way the team is playing. That's not his fault.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow our ace basically has to pitch a shut out in order for us to have a 50/50 shot at winning

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: with Romeo above

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, organizations can go through ups and downs. It happens to the best of them but there isn't a need to knee jerk and blow everything up and fire your coach/manager. Be really careful what you wish for. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Wash has done a hell of a job this season considering the injuries this team has had and the losses on offense they had during the off season. People won't admit it but that is the reality.

Yup

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly is, but it would be hard to blame him if he decided he wasn't giving up a bunch of prospects for a bat that wouldn't matter with the way this team is playing. He went out in good faith and got garza hoping it would light a fire under the team and all they've done is repay his good faith with garbage. One bat wouldn't help much the way the team is playing. That's not his fault.

:agree: stick with what you have, with the way this team is playing.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Darvish was a lot more efficient with his pitches. Being in the 90's through 4 2/3 only is not what this bullpen needs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who don't want Wash gone must just hate all change. The dude has had all the talent in the world the last 4 years, and he finds ways to blow it. It's indefensible at this point. And you can try to deflect the pitching crap to Maddux, but that's a crappy excuse. He doesn't have the mental faculties that are required to make informed decisions. He bases them on his gut. It's time to get rid of the gut and find someone who will use their damn head. I'd put up with someone who actually held himself accountable for the awful decisions he makes. I love the guys' personality, but I loathe the way he runs the Rangers.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who don't want Wash gone must just hate all change. The dude has had all the talent in the world the last 4 years, and he finds ways to blow it. It's indefensible at this point. And you can try to deflect the pitching crap to Maddux, but that's a crappy excuse. He doesn't have the mental faculties that are required to make informed decisions. He bases them on his gut. It's time to get rid of the gut and find someone who will use their damn head. I'd put up with someone who actually held himself accountable for the awful decisions he makes. I love the guys' personality, but I loathe the way he runs the Rangers.

:agree: Well put.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not opposed to change...I am one that always is open to change but the change that is needed on the team doesn't fall on the manager in my opinion. The team has been improving or good every year he's been running this thing. Just because the team has gone through some adversity everybody wants him fired? On the same token why isn't JD being help accountable for supplying a bad bench the last few years and didn't do much this past offseason in trying to improve the offense? I don't agree with everything Wash does but if you talk with other fan bases they'll say the same stuff about their managers because they're able to analyze decisions 24/7 on each and every move because hindsight is always easy. I would at least give Wash credit where it's due when it comes to the team's success.

And to be a good sports team it's inevitable you have to have talent. Any good teams will have good players. Just because he's supposedly had the best talent in the franchise's history doesn't mean squat because we all how how pathetic of a history the Rangers are from back when they were even in Washington.

I'll also add that just because he's said that some of his decisions are based on his gut you seriously can't believe everything he does is his gut. At least be realistic about that.