• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, organizations can go through ups and downs. It happens to the best of them but there isn't a need to knee jerk and blow everything up and fire your coach/manager. Be really careful what you wish for. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Wash has done a hell of a job this season considering the injuries this team has had and the losses on offense they had during the off season. People won't admit it but that is the reality.

The team survived a ton of injuries and performed above their heads in the first half due to fantastic pitching from the BP and guys that had to be thrown into the fire. This team even after what was lost on offense still has loads of talent and offensively has underperformed. They also show no signs of turning the corner any time soon. The manager that these guys so love to play hard for sure isn't getting much love. All the outs on the base paths give the signs that these guys heads just aren't in it. Someone needs to get them focused, they look out to lunch way to often

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
screw this garbage! im out for the evening. watching the rangers these days puts me in a bad mood

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to change...I am one that always is open to change but the change that is needed on the team doesn't fall on the manager in my opinion. The team has been improving or good every year he's been running this thing. Just because the team has gone through some adversity everybody wants him fired? On the same token why isn't JD being help accountable for supplying a bad bench the last few years and didn't do much this past offseason in trying to improve the offense? I don't agree with everything Wash does but if you talk with other fan bases they'll say the same stuff about their managers because they're able to analyze decisions 24/7 on each and every move because hindsight is always easy. I would at least give Wash credit where it's due when it comes to the team's success.

And to be a good sports team it's inevitable you have to have talent. Any good teams will have good players. Just because he's supposedly had the best talent in the franchise's history doesn't mean squat because we all how how pathetic of a history the Rangers are from back when they were even in Washington.

I'll also add that just because he's said that some of his decisions are based on his gut you seriously can't believe everything he does is his gut. At least be realistic about that.
JD had to give Michael Young away and agree to pay his salary, because Wash wouldn't stop playing him...He's run into the same problem this year with Murphy. JD is given a budget, and he's done some pretty great things with said budget. He buys the groceries, and it's up to the cook (wash) to make something out of them.

It's never about hindsight with Washington. Most of us are calling the moves bad even if they work out favorably. I don't know how to make someone that says otherwise understand that. A move can be the wrong move even when it works out.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Darvish was a lot more efficient with his pitches. Being in the 90's through 4 2/3 only is not what this bullpen needs.
Honestly if our offense can't score a single run, it won't matter if we bring in David Murphhy to pitch.
I'm hoping we get a chance against their bullpen.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team survived a ton of injuries and performed above their heads in the first half due to fantastic pitching from the BP and guys that had to be thrown into the fire. This team even after what was lost on offense still has loads of talent and offensively has underperformed. They also show no signs of turning the corner any time soon. The manager that these guys so love to play hard for sure isn't getting much love. All the outs on the base paths give the signs that these guys heads just aren't in it. Someone needs to get them focused, they look out to lunch way to often

That's typical. So even in the first half you cannot give Wash ANY credit. At what point do you say the talent is under performing? Sure there is talent but look at their record. They are certainly within striking distance, over .500 and still trying to grind things out. But folks like you regardless will lose their left nut but giving Wash ANY credit at all is a no no. That is the problem I have. You don't have to love the guy or agree with everything he does but at least be fair.

In the end tho I am glad JD and the front office are the ones making baseball decisions in Arlington because if we fans ran it then it would be a laughing stock.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if our offense can't score a single run, it won't matter if we bring in David Murphhy to pitch.
I'm hoping we get a chance against their bullpen.

I'm not sure how much of their pen we'll see...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we get to there pen like last night we have a chance. The bullpen is bottom 5 in the league...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good points being made tonight. You just made another.:agree:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's typical. So even in the first half you cannot give Wash ANY credit. At what point do you say the talent is under performing? Sure there is talent but look at their record. They are certainly within striking distance, over .500 and still trying to grind things out. But folks like you regardless will lose their left nut but giving Wash ANY credit at all is a no no. That is the problem I have. You don't have to love the guy or agree with everything he does but at least be fair.

In the end tho I am glad JD and the front office are the ones making baseball decisions in Arlington because if we fans ran it then it would be a laughing stock.
Can you show why Wash deserves the credit? I haven't see you prove why it's so important for him to be their manager. What does he add that puts them over the top? These are serious questions.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you show why Wash deserves the credit? I haven't see you prove why it's so important for him to be their manager. What does he add that puts them over the top? These are serious questions.

It's a bottom line business. Look at the records, the results, how he runs the club(whether we agree with everything or not). Serious questions or not there is a bottom line because this is a business and you can't argue the bottom line.

Based on every anti Wash comments here it seems that MLB teams don't even need a manager. I mean if a team has talent then the manager is just their for the hell of it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to change...I am one that always is open to change but the change that is needed on the team doesn't fall on the manager in my opinion. The team has been improving or good every year he's been running this thing. Just because the team has gone through some adversity everybody wants him fired? On the same token why isn't JD being help accountable for supplying a bad bench the last few years and didn't do much this past offseason in trying to improve the offense? I don't agree with everything Wash does but if you talk with other fan bases they'll say the same stuff about their managers because they're able to analyze decisions 24/7 on each and every move because hindsight is always easy. I would at least give Wash credit where it's due when it comes to the team's success.

And to be a good sports team it's inevitable you have to have talent. Any good teams will have good players. Just because he's supposedly had the best talent in the franchise's history doesn't mean squat because we all how how pathetic of a history the Rangers are from back when they were even in Washington.

I'll also add that just because he's said that some of his decisions are based on his gut you seriously can't believe everything he does is his gut. At least be realistic about that.

There wasn't a whole lot JD could do this offseason

My one potential gripe was not going after Napoli to be the DH/1B and NOT at a catcher, and had we still signed AJ things might be looking a bit better than they are now, but even after a torrid start, he's cooled off quite a bit, when that didn't pan out, he took a shot on Berkman, it was a risk and didn't work, you move on

No way we could know that Murphy was suddenly going to shit the bed, in fact most people were comfortable with him finally getting a shot, including me

Other than that, Baker has been solid, Soto is a decent backup catcher, Garcia had his moments but he was just a utility guy who was never going to get regular ABs

Starting pitching looked solid and he made a good run at Greinke, but he signed elsewhere

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the fuck?!?!?! I just read about Tanner being attacked...Fuck Cleveland. Piece of shit town!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bottom line business. Look at the records, the results, how he runs the club(whether we agree with everything or not). Serious questions or not there is a bottom line because this is a business and you can't argue the bottom line.

Based on every anti Wash comments here it seems that MLB teams don't even need a manager. I mean if a team has talent then the manager is just their for the hell of it.
The bottom line is that they are a 112 million dollar payroll, and they are not playing like it. The FO isn't going to pay that much to come in second place back to back years.