• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Oakland for Three Games August 7-9

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Bochy gets cute and lets Perez close again?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being cold in Oakland or any where after today in Texas

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estevez just blew another save for the Angels. Up 3-2 starting the 9th, now down 6-3.

Anyone still think they’re going to blow by us in the standings?

Gotta love that they held on to Ohtani, traded what they had left of decent prospects, and will now likely miss the playoffs and lose Ohtani for nothing. Their only hope is to trade Trout for whatever prospects they can get and start over.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw strikes, Smith. Don’t give these clowns free bases.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being cold in Oakland or any where after today in Texas
My son and his family live in Michigan and he put a picture on Facebook today with his kids playing outside in their jackets.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was a little shaky there but finished the job. Would be very interested in re-signing him and Chapman when the time comes.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that come playoff time, Chapman is the main closer. In crunch time, he can shut down batters better than anyone on the team.
Smith has been all over the place the last couple of games with his pitches. From looking at the pitch track he got some help from the umpires and the hitters.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estevez just blew another save for the Angels. Up 3-2 starting the 9th, now down 6-3.

Anyone still think they’re going to blow by us in the standings?

Gotta love that they held on to Ohtani, traded what they had left of decent prospects, and will now likely miss the playoffs and lose Ohtani for nothing. Their only hope is to trade Trout for whatever prospects they can get and start over.
I thought they made some good moves but Giolito has not been good and now Estevez has fallen apart in his last 2 appearances. Did not see 0-7 coming. I will take the heat on that one. Only Lopez has help up his part. Same with San Diego and Barlow. He has given up something like 8 runs in less than 2 innings. It is amazing how many times guys that you think are for sure going to help a team just crash and burn under pressure of being on a new team and a pennant race. Ours are holding up so far.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might add that Garver has really picked up the pace in the last week or so. We all haven't been too crazy about him but he is working out for the time being.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels could have gotten a haul for Ohtani. Now all they are going to get is an extra draft pick.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they made some good moves but Giolito has not been good and now Estevez has fallen apart in his last 2 appearances. Did not see 0-7 coming. I will take the heat on that one. Only Lopez has help up his part. Same with San Diego and Barlow. He has given up something like 8 runs in less than 2 innings. It is amazing how many times guys that you think are for sure going to help a team just crash and burn under pressure of being on a new team and a pennant race. Ours are holding up so far.
They didn’t make bad moves. They just picked up “ok” players and added them to an “ok” team. Giolito is decent, but he’s nowhere near enough to be a massive difference maker. Same goes for Grichuk and Cron. The Angels had way too many major holes, especially with Trout out.

They have a total of 1 great pitcher and 1 great hitter and it’s the same guy. With Trout and Ward both out, they’re relying on guys like Renfroe, Moustakas, and Rengifo. Not exactly murderer’s row. And their starting pitchers have been pitching way over their heads all year long. Chase Silseth, Griffin Canning, and Patrick Sandoval aren’t scaring anyone. They’re just “ok” as well. And Tyler Anderson has been a massive bust.

It’s basically Ohtani and spare parts. Arte and Perry were staring at multiple teams in between themselves and the last WC spot. They should have known that their mini surge was due to playing awful teams and that their brutal August schedule would kill their playoff chances. But in typical Angels fashion they ignored reality and chose to go all-in.

They should trade Trout, cast off Rendon, and build their new offense around O’Hoppe and Moniak.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you weren’t the one I was referencing who guaranteed the Angels would finish ahead of us.