• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I rather trade for a guy with 2 upside as our #3 rather than a number 4 at best in cashner.
It entirely depends on the asking price.

Would you rather trade Gallo, Brinson, Profar, and Ortiz for Matt Moore, or would you rather trade Sadzec and Mendez for Cashner?

Is it really worth Gallo, Profar, and Brinson to upgrade from Cashner to Moore?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It entirely depends on the asking price.

Would you rather trade Gallo, Brinson, Profar, and Ortiz for Matt Moore, or would you rather trade Sadzec and Mendez for Cashner?

Is it really worth Gallo, Profar, and Brinson to upgrade from Cashner to Moore?

I'll believe the reports when I see it if that's what it takes for both. Moore has been bad too

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in on anyone w upside on the cheap. Lets send them a guy like Lu Jack for him
Pretty sure they'd hang up the phone with that offer, but I agree with your sentiment. They might part with him for someone in our #8-10 range along with another A ball prospect.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I rather trade for a guy with 2 upside as our #3 rather than a number 4 at best in cashner.

While some do, I don't see Cashner as a #4, maybe a #5 at best in the AL and our ballpark, and wouldn't want to give up much to get him. Im probably being a bit pessimistic however, which is my nature though

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While some do, I don't see Cashner as a #4, maybe a #5 at best in the AL and our ballpark, and wouldn't want to give up much to get him. Im probably being a bit pessimistic however, which is my nature though

He's a #4 IMO. But I want to go to war with someone else.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they'd hang up the phone with that offer, but I agree with your sentiment. They might part with him for someone in our #8-10 range along with another A ball prospect.

I would hang up immediately, but maybe they take a guy like Beras

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe the reports when I see it if that's what it takes for both. Moore has been bad too
My point is that you have to consider the cost that each trade target comes with and then weigh it against the added benefit you will receive.

Of course we would all rather have an ace like Sale or a #2 like Archer instead of Cashner. That's a no-brainer. But if Sale costs you your entire farm system along with Mazara and Cashner only costs a couple of middling prospects, the decision swings in Cashner's favor.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would want a kings ransom for him and more from us, but OAK has made Khris Davis available.

YES PLEASE! Him in left, mazara in right, Deshields in CF until Brinson is ready. That would be SWEET.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you have to consider the cost that each trade target comes with and then weigh it against the added benefit you will receive.

Of course we would all rather have an ace like Sale or a #2 like Archer instead of Cashner. That's a no-brainer. But if Sale costs you your entire farm system along with Mazara and Cashner only costs a couple of middling prospects, the decision swings in Cashner's favor.

Would rather stick with our guys if I had to take cashner.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have such a hatred for Cashner? He's not my favorite trade target either, but he is a solid pitcher. Even in a "down" year by his standards, he's still light years better than some of the garbage we've been trotting out there. Plus he's a ground ball pitcher, which plays well in the Ballpark.

I get preferring the Rangers trade for someone else, but your dislike of him seems to go way beyond his actual stats.

I think people just want a starter with AL experience. I remember how bad the Dempster ( DUMPSTER) trade was and being totally honest, the Garza trade sucked too. Would be nice to try our luck with an AL team. What do the Twins want for Santana or do we not want to pay his contract?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would want a kings ransom for him and more from us, but OAK has made Khris Davis available.

YES PLEASE! Him in left, mazara in right, Deshields in CF until Brinson is ready. That would be SWEET.

He's been a monster

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd almost be down to trade for him just to make sure he doesn't hit against us for the rest of the season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people just want a starter with AL experience. I remember how bad the Dempster ( DUMPSTER) trade was and being totally honest, the Garza trade sucked too. Would be nice to try our luck with an AL team. What do the Twins want for Santana or do we not want to pay his contract?

I was actually ok with Garza since he's pitched for the rays and he's a bulldog.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dislike Reddick a bunch but if the cost is somewhat the same, I might rather have him than Davis

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if you guys can guess the prospect based on these quotes from scouts and baseball execs:

"Every mistake we made, he made us pay for. He has such a smooth swing and natural power."

"Many think his future is in the outfield, but he deserves a chance to stick at 3B. His defense is less than stellar, but his undeniable power could be a real offensive asset."

"Because of his strikeout totals, he is one of the more controversial prospects around. There are many who feel that a player who strikes out as much as he did last year in the minors won't be able to stick in the majors, but I don't think it necessarily means he can't become a dominant hitter."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the options are extremely dependent on asking price vs the controllable options coming back and the $ we have to pay of salaries owed. I don't give up any top prospects for guys unless controllable and having the high upside potential

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if you guys can guess the prospect based on these quotes from scouts and baseball execs:

"Every mistake we made, he made us pay for. He has such a smooth swing and natural power."

"Many think his future is in the outfield, but he deserves a chance to stick at 3B. His defense is less than stellar, but his undeniable power could be a real offensive asset."

"Because of his strikeout totals, he is one of the more controversial prospects around. There are many who feel that a player who strikes out as much as he did last year in the minors won't be able to stick in the majors, but I don't think it necessarily means he can't become a dominant hitter."

Crush Davis

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Gallo, but I'm gonna say Chris Davis

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Gallo, but I'm gonna say Chris Davis
Nope. But the Gallo comparison is what I was going for. Those quotes were actually about former Angels über elite prospect Dallas McPherson. Scary how similar their scouting reports and outlooks read, isn't it? McPherson was considered the most freakish power-hitting prospect to come along in ages and to many was as "can't miss" as they come.

In fact, the Angels had what many scouts considered the 4 horsemen of elite prospects all about to break into the big leagues at roughly the same time: Dallas McPherson, Casey Kotchman, Brandon Wood, and Jeff Mathis. All 4 were considered elite and "can't miss". Two of them never had any kind of ML career, one played a few seasons as a below average/backup 1B, and one managed to carve out a career as a terrible hitting defensive catcher.

My point is, if the return is a known commodity, trade your prospects. If Lewis Brinson becomes the next Torii Hunter, oh well. Shit happens. There's a far better chance he goes the way of other can't miss "studs" like Mike Olt or becomes a mediocre player like Jarod Saltalamacchia.