• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got this sickening feeling:

Sources: #Marlins, #Rangers current leaders for #Padres’ Cashner.

I would rather them keep using bad AAA guys, like NMart or give Sadzeck and others a shot vs trading them my mom's awful meatloaf for Cashner

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, what was up with Odor and Ventura? Saw him eyeballing him around the path during his HR. Was there chin music early or something?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather them keep using bad AAA guys, like NMart or give Sadzeck and others a shot vs trading them my mom's awful meatloaf for Cashner
Why do you have such a hatred for Cashner? He's not my favorite trade target either, but he is a solid pitcher. Even in a "down" year by his standards, he's still light years better than some of the garbage we've been trotting out there. Plus he's a ground ball pitcher, which plays well in the Ballpark.

I get preferring the Rangers trade for someone else, but your dislike of him seems to go way beyond his actual stats.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, what was up with Odor and Ventura? Saw him eyeballing him around the path during his HR. Was there chin music early or something?

Don't think there was any beef or will be. Seemed Odor and Ventura have a Adrian Beltre vs. King Felix type relationship and they were just funning

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there was any beef or will be. Seemed Odor and Ventura have a Adrian Beltre vs. King Felix type relationship and they were just funning
ah ok. The slide into first highlight starts with the KC announcers talking about "but if somebody eyeballed me like that I'd do exactly like ventura did"

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care for cashner
Explain why, please.

The dislike for the guy on this board is a bit much when you consider his actual numbers and abilities. It feels like there is an intense dislike for him "just because".

He wouldn't rank near the top of my wish list for sure, but I'd be ok if we acquired him and the cost was reasonable. He's a better pitcher than Martinez, Chi Chi, Lohse, Griffin, Holland, and often times even Perez. There are worse #4 starters to have than Cashner.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have such a hatred for Cashner? He's not my favorite trade target either, but he is a solid pitcher. Even in a "down" year by his standards, he's still light years better than some of the garbage we've been trotting out there. Plus he's a ground ball pitcher, which plays well in the Ballpark.

I get preferring the Rangers trade for someone else, but your dislike of him seems to go way beyond his actual stats.

No hate, just don't have any interest in a guy that puts up the numbers he has w an NL team in supposedly a pitcher friendly park. I know he was a high draft pick and has performed better lately but I don't care to give up what the Pads are going to ask for, for his results to this point. I don't want to trade for a guy like that, when it seems we already have those type options in the organization, based on previous years results.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain why, please.

The dislike for the guy on this board is a bit much when you consider his actual numbers and abilities. It feels like there is an intense dislike for him "just because".

He wouldn't rank near the top of my wish list for sure, but I'd be ok if we acquired him and the cost was reasonable. He's a better pitcher than Martinez, Chi Chi, Lohse, Griffin, Holland, and often times even Perez. There are worse #4 starters to have than Cashner.

I'm just not in love with cashner, don't like the upside much at all. He's pitching mediocre with the Padres in pet co park. Then how will he do in Arlington and in the AL? I'm just not a huge fun unless he's our #5 I guess

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate, just don't have any interest in a guy that puts up the numbers he has w an NL team in supposedly a pitcher friendly park. I know he was a high draft pick and has performed better lately but I don't care to give up what the Pads are going to ask for, for his results to this point. I don't want to trade for a guy like that, when it seems we already have those type options in the organization, based on previous years results.

I don't trust pitchers from West coast teams. Seem to have bigger parks and denser air. And then don't do anything when they leave. Look at the studs Oakland has had that crap the bed when they are traded away.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah ok. The slide into first highlight starts with the KC announcers talking about "but if somebody eyeballed me like that I'd do exactly like ventura did"

KC announcers says enough. That and Odor should have run through the bag in the first place, but was called safe. I never saw anything to show 100% different. Another bad replay overturn when the one replay I saw showed him to be apparently safe, but again it didnt seem like there was bad blood there

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust pitchers from West coast teams. Seem to have bigger parks and denser air. And then don't do anything when they leave. Look at the studs Oakland has had that crap the bed when they are traded away.

I agree. Rather take the risk on A TB pitcher especially if it's archer who is very good when on

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just tend to look at each potential trade target and judge them on what role he would be filling with our team.

In Cashner's case, I see him as our #4/5 going forward, so I don't hold him to as high of a standard as I would with someone like Sale or Archer. If Cashner could give us a 6-7 innings at a 4.00 ERA, I'd take that in a heartbeat over any of the other candidates we have for those slots.

Now, if JD were to give up a premium package to get him and expect him to form some sort of stud trio with Hamels and Darvish, then I'd be pissed.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Rather take the risk on A TB pitcher especially if it's archer who is very good when on
TB is asking for the moon for their starters, though. And none of them, including Archer, are worth giving up Profar, Gallo, Tate, and Ortiz for. Archer is more of a high-end #2 in my opinion.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting tidbit from Cincy:

Apparently the interest in Jay Bruce has been surprisingly low so far. Walt Jocketty has even said that he realizes that Bruce can't command a premium package in return, but that they haven't even received any remotely decent offers. He basically indicated they'd trade him for one decent or semi-legit prospect. This also coincides with an article I read on MLB.com which listed trade deadline predictions. It had us landing Jay Bruce for a "shockingly lowball offer".

I wonder if we're considering adding his power on the cheap.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TB will want a bunch for Archer too, Id rather send 4 guys to CWS for Sale or send some other second tier prospects to KC or Minny for guys like Santana or Volquez. I don't want to give up Profar and Gallo for guys like Odorizzi, Moore or Smyly

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently the interest in Jay Bruce has been surprisingly low so far. Walt Jocketty has even said that he realizes that Bruce can't command a premium package in return, but that they haven't even received any remotely decent offers. He basically indicated they'd trade him for one decent or semi-legit prospect. This also coincides with an article I read on MLB.com which listed trade deadline predictions. It had us landing Jay Bruce for a "shockingly lowball offer".

I would be interested

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB will want a bunch for Archer too, Id rather send 4 guys to CWS for Sale or send some other second tier prospects to KC or Minny for guys like Santana or Volquez. I don't want to give up Profar and Gallo for guys like Odorizzi, Moore or Smyly

Yep. But I rather trade for a guy with 2 upside as our #3 rather than a number 4 at best in cashner.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im in on anyone w upside on the cheap. Lets send them a guy like Lu Jack for him