• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether other people like Hahn or not - I think he has been extremely adroit in putting this Sox team together. Outside of Anderson and Abreu - every spot in the lineup has been added during Hahn's tenure -and he helped get Anderson and Abreu.

It's amazing how much he got out of the trades for Sale - Quintana and Eaton.

The only thing still to be determined is how successful he has been in adding starters. Giolito has turned into an Ace. Keuchel and Lynn were good additions, but still waiting on Kopech, Cease, Stievers, Lambert, Thompson, Kelley, Crochet and Dalquist.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether other people like Hahn or not - I think he has been extremely adroit *record scratch* somethingsomethingsomethingsomething

Ya don't say, good man?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether other people like Hahn or not - I think he has been extremely adroit in putting this Sox team together. Outside of Anderson and Abreu - every spot in the lineup has been added during Hahn's tenure -and he helped get Anderson and Abreu.

It's amazing how much he got out of the trades for Sale - Quintana and Eaton.

The only thing still to be determined is how successful he has been in adding starters. Giolito has turned into an Ace. Keuchel and Lynn were good additions, but still waiting on Kopech, Cease, Stievers, Lambert, Thompson, Kelley, Crochet and Dalquist.

Is this my inevitable moment of saying the verdict on Sale is STILL not decided? Moncada and Kopech, ya know, need to deliver. I'm starting to have hope in the former, but if he 2020's again, without the excuse, well...and, of course, we'll see on the latter. Results still need to be tallied for authentic hindsight determination.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this my inevitable moment of saying the verdict on Sale is STILL not decided? Moncada and Kopech, ya know, need to deliver. I'm starting to have hope in the former, but if he 2020's again, without the excuse, well...and, of course, we'll see on the latter. Results still need to be tallied for authentic hindsight determination.
I agree with this - what I was focused upon - the Sox don't have 2 great 2nd basemen and zero 3rd basemen. Hahn managed to populate the field with mainstays - and I have to hand it to him for that.

I agree - even though Moncada has probably turned out well - Kopech and his fragile mind set are still unproven - therefore the loss of Sale in the trade conforms to your point of view.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still make that trade in a heartbeat and not just in 20/20 hindsight.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this - what I was focused upon - the Sox don't have 2 great 2nd basemen and zero 3rd basemen. Hahn managed to populate the field with mainstays - and I have to hand it to him for that.

I agree - even though Moncada has probably turned out well - Kopech and his fragile mind set are still unproven - therefore the loss of Sale in the trade conforms to your point of view.
sale has had 2 very good years and one very bad one since he was moved (and didn't even play in 2020!). i believe it's sale's future that is in question while kopech's and moncada's futures look very bright. complete agreement with lsd. i have no regrets about that trade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale has had 2 very good years and one very bad one since he was moved (and didn't even play in 2020!). i believe it's sale's future that is in question while kopech's and moncada's futures look very bright. complete agreement with lsd. i have no regrets about that trade.
I wasn't on the SportsHoopla board at the time of the trade, but JFTR, I was definitely in favor of all the trades the Sox made back in late'16/early '17 when it became obvious we were going nowhere, even with Sale.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quintana signed with the Angels for one year and $8 million - that sets the market very nicely. The Sox can afford an $8 million dollar 4th starter.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't on the SportsHoopla board at the time of the trade, but JFTR, I was definitely in favor of all the trades the Sox made back in late'16/early '17 when it became obvious we were going nowhere, even with Sale.
do you think they will? i'm thinking they will at least give kopech and cease the opportunity to lose those last two spots. that money might be better spent elsewhere at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think they will? i'm thinking they will at least give kopech and cease the opportunity to lose those last two spots. that money might be better spent elsewhere at this point.
Kopech will need to go to AAA anyway since he hasn't pitched in about two years. I think you get a Quintana type starter for the 4th slot and let Kopech and Cease take the spot based on merit.

PS - don't worry about Jerry's money - he is still $18 million under last year's salaries.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopech will need to go to AAA anyway since he hasn't pitched in about two years. I think you get a Quintana type starter for the 4th slot and let Kopech and Cease take the spot based on merit.

PS - don't worry about Jerry's money - he is still $18 million under last year's salaries.
I hope Kopech at least gets a shot in Spring training, but I tend to agree it's likely that he'll start the season in AAA. At the very least, he'd probably have to be lights out in order to make the cut.

Right now we have:

1. Giolito
2. Lynn
3. Keuchel
4. Cease
5. ???

We all agree that Lynn and Keuchel are interchangeable for the rotation slot. To me it's Cease's to lose as the #4 starter. One way he could lose it tho is if we sign a veteran FA, for which there are still a number of them awaiting a contract, which might then bump him down to #5. If we don't sign a vet, then he's probably locked in at #4 and #5 goes to the winner amongst Lopez, Kopech, and perhaps Stiever. I'd obviously would be pulling big time for Kopech, but the thought that he needs some conditioning down in AAA to begin the season hangs heavy on him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so early reports: Springer to the Jays, 6 years/$150m - Edit: Does Springer's signing finally start the tumbling of the dominoes?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest update: Earlier in the day it had appeared that the Jays were set to also ink Michael Brantley, but now the latest has him re-upping with the Astros. Stay tuned for further drama!!!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still make that trade in a heartbeat and not just in 20/20 hindsight.

Covid Legs and The Basketcase Arm are the only thing keeping this hindsight alive. Treading lightly imo...But since the former is like, super imperative to our goal of winning it all based on how I see it, I want you to be right in the worst way. Basketcase-on the other hand-we would survive without him, especially if Jerry got us another pitcher...Time will tell.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid Legs and The Basketcase Arm are the only thing keeping this hindsight alive. Treading lightly imo...But since the former is like, super imperative to our goal of winning it all based on how I see it, I want you to be right in the worst way. Basketcase-on the other hand-we would survive without him, especially if Jerry got us another pitcher...Time will tell.
isn't it a bit premature to start calling kopech a basket case?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't it a bit premature to start calling kopech a basket case?
Be more than happy to change that nickname if he ever, you know, does something else noteworthy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be more than happy to change that nickname if he ever, you know, does something else noteworthy.
no no no no. lotsa payers don't make it. that doesn't make them basket cases. calling him a basket case because he chose not to play in 2020 does NOT make him a basket case ..... unless you know something i don't?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no no no. lotsa payers don't make it. that doesn't make them basket cases. calling him a basket case because he chose not to play in 2020 does NOT make him a basket case ..... unless you know something i don't?

Well his explanation was it wasn’t just covid but also shortened season combined with coming back from injury...typical hem and haw stuff.

But don’t forget banned 50 games for substances and broken throwing hand because he punched a teammate...or how about the offensive tweet history?

I guess this isn’t the time to bring up his reality star wife marriage and divorce all within 6 months?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his explanation was it wasn’t just covid but also shortened season combined with coming back from injury...typical hem and haw stuff.

But don’t forget banned 50 games for substances and broken throwing hand because he punched a teammate...or how about the offensive tweet history?

I guess this isn’t the time to bring up his reality star wife marriage and divorce all within 6 months?
ok so what you meant to say is 'headcase'. they aren't the same things.