• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's random thought. Eloy Jimenez should be a DH this year. Let's face it - Eloy (who I love) has had plenty of time to show an improvement trend in outfield defense and hasn't. From the DH position Eloy can continue to play LF on occassion and can continue to prove he needs to be in the outfield by putting in the extra time to practice catching balls near the wall, fielding balls off the wall - and working the foul line for plays.

The Sox need to sign another OF to play regularly in LF or give the job to Leuery Garcia.
Sign friggin Eddie Rosario!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Are those enough exclamation points?)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So re we now the AL's top dog?

Not only does this article suggest as such, but they were pretty much saying so on the MLB channel as well. You can forgive local beat writers for being a little biased, but when neutral observers say we might have the best roster in the AL, it gives the opinions a little more validity. Of course it's also being stressed by all parties that this might be the best team on paper. You still have to play the games.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So re we now the AL's top dog?

Not only does this article suggest as such, but they were pretty much saying so on the MLB channel as well. You can forgive local beat writers for being a little biased, but when neutral observers say we might have the best roster in the AL, it gives the opinions a little more validity. Of course it's also being stressed by all parties that this might be the best team on paper. You still have to play the games.

This is going to happen minimum a few times a week for the next couple months so we could just make one consolidated thread for it. Perhaps "Official White Sox Paper Champion Verification Thread"

It will be a real-time living e-documentation of our ascension (before anyone takes the field) to glory.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, our HOF manager is not a paper drunk - he's got the receipts. No more "nice guys finish last" for these White Sox.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, our HOF manager is not a paper drunk - he's got the receipts. No more "nice guys finish last" for these White Sox.

I've been waiting patiently for pictures to surface of LaRussa in the capitol last week...I know they're out there. My body is ready.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to happen minimum a few times a week for the next couple months so we could just make one consolidated thread for it. Perhaps "Official White Sox Paper Champion Verification Thread"

It will be a real-time living e-documentation of our ascension (before anyone takes the field) to glory.
If things remain as they are, I'd say definitely. But there remains a boatload of high end free agents out there, some of whom I suspect may have to end signing one year 'prove it' deals just to get past this covid bullshit. So it wouldn't surprise me if a number of teams took advantage of this and signed some quality talent at a relative one year bargain rate.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the Hendriks' deal the White Sox are still about $18 million below last year's (annualized) salary total. I expect them to - at least - get to last year's total payout.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the Hendriks' deal the White Sox are still about $18 million below last year's (annualized) salary total. I expect them to - at least - get to last year's total payout.

Oh we ain't done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me we have room for one more big splash or at least a few dips in the pool.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports “nearly 25 teams showed up at Corey Kluber’s showcase today, and scouts came away impressed. His fastball sat 88-90 -- and he’s got more velocity in the tank as he builds toward spring training. Kluber threw 30 pitches, including all of his off-speed stuff. Strong market expected.”

Still think this is our guy as it looks like his session today went well...We'll see soon enough.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been waiting all offseason to read this:

Moncada simply rested at the start of the offseason to help bring back a sense of normalcy, spending quite a bit of time in Cuba before the new year. Moncada’s workouts on Instagram show he has now returned to that same intensity in regards to baseball and in the gym.

“It was something that I didn’t feel during the last season,” Moncada said. “But thank God I’m feeling very good right now. I feel like I normally feel. I’m doing all my stuff and I’m in very, very good condition. I feel strong.

Music to my ears!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada's "weakness" following the Covid diagnosis was a big factor in the White Sox having trouble with R. handed pitching. If Moncada returns to his 2019 batting form - the Sox are a much more balanced team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long White Sox fan - I'm not really sure how to feel when I hear the Sox are favored for the Division and have low odds for the World Series. It feels like a strange new place to reside as a White Sox fan. Here I am used to - dreaming some impossible set of dominos will fall just and the Sox will win the pennant - now I have to - all of a sudden - worry they will have to live up to expectations.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long White Sox fan - I'm not really sure how to feel when I hear the Sox are favored for the Division and have low odds for the World Series. It feels like a strange new place to reside as a White Sox fan. Here I am used to - dreaming some impossible set of dominos will fall just and the Sox will win the pennant - now I have to - all of a sudden - worry they will have to live up to expectations.

It kinda sucks in a way that if we don't bring home some hardware with this core, we'll be in the disappointment/what went wrong phase...and if we do win, it'll be like...Well damn right we were SUPPOSED to win it with that core.

2005 was so unexpected that I don't think I'll experience the joy of a championship like that again in my lifetime. All the negativity that year between press and fans (not just our own) during what should have been a 162+playoff long celebration. And all that team did was put it all aside and put up the second best record in baseball and destroy in the playoffs. I mean, it would literally be like if the Bears won it all next year somehow despite it looking like the team is going to blow up into mediocrity. God bless that 2005 season.