• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa - wait a minute - Kopech's decision to opt out last year - turned out pretty wise considering what happened to Lambert, Crochet and Stievers. The Sox had a plan to pitch him short innings, long innings and at starter - he was rehabbing his arm for most of the year. As much as I missed him - he made a pretty rational decision.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa - wait a minute - Kopech's decision to opt out last year - turned out pretty wise considering what happened to Lambert, Crochet and Stievers. The Sox had a plan to pitch him short innings, long innings and at starter - he was rehabbing his arm for most of the year. As much as I missed him - he made a pretty rational decision.

How could you miss a player that has never done anything for us? There's no missing something like that. It was never there in the first place! He's the great nothing as far as the White Sox are concerned...with a colored history...and that's kind of the point.

There's nothing for us with this guy other than a potential fastballer to say anything different...but let's be honest, at this point a smokin' fireball isn't enough. Lotta talk no action. BFD. Clinging to "well he made one arguably rational decision even though it hurt the team" is like missing the last bucket on Bozo. Nobody gave a sh*t about those first few buckets...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so what you meant to say is 'headcase'. they aren't the same things.

Can we meet in the middle with "dumb as a doorknob?"

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we meet in the middle with "dumb as a doorknob?"
afraid not. doubt very much he's dumb at all. he's a kid and shit happens. per your previous post you say he's nothing. well ... time will tell, but i think his potential is great. let's review in a couple years. frankly, i think you're still stuck in your "the sale trade was a terrible deal".

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
afraid not. doubt very much he's dumb at all. he's a kid and shit happens. per your previous post you say he's nothing. well ... time will tell, but i think his potential is great. let's review in a couple years. frankly, i think you're still stuck in your "the sale trade was a terrible deal".

Maybe because it comes up here often...but I think I'm more stuck in the "fans tend to overblow every prospect and this guy might be the most exaggerated example in Chicago sports history" mindset....He literally has done nothing at the MLB level, much less for the White Sox. Bringing Chris Sale up when talking about him (which is inevitable because of the trade) makes it look worse...Sale already had 2 All Star seasons under his belt at this guy's age. He has a substance ban, injury, walk from the team even though he was medically cleared and odd personal life stuff all behind him. FFS, I'd take a couple starts at this point...forget the all-star game...SOMETHING? ANYTHING? BUELLER? BUELLER?

Yes...Let's review in "a couple years"...Matter of fact, there's your nickname.

Michael "See you in a couple years" Kopech.

Settled.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more. As I previously mentioned I wasn't on this board at the time of the trade or the first couple of years afterward, but here it is more than four years later and the Jidmeister is still ranting about it. I can only imagine what it was like in here back when it took place and those immediate months following. Let it go Jiddy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more. As I previously mentioned I wasn't on this board at the time of the trade or the first couple of years afterward, but here it is more than four years later and the Jidmeister is still ranting about it. I can only imagine what it was like in here back when it took place and those immediate months following. Let it go Jiddy.

Those were dark days. Not soon forgotten.

Sh*t...I'm still pissed off about Cade McNown and his handicapped parking space deal...You're fighting a losing battle.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you miss a player that has never done anything for us? There's no missing something like that. It was never there in the first place! He's the great nothing as far as the White Sox are concerned...with a colored history...and that's kind of the point.

There's nothing for us with this guy other than a potential fastballer to say anything different...but let's be honest, at this point a smokin' fireball isn't enough. Lotta talk no action. BFD. Clinging to "well he made one arguably rational decision even though it hurt the team" is like missing the last bucket on Bozo. Nobody gave a sh*t about those first few buckets...
But, I didn't sign up for the class: "Let Jiddy do your thinking for you."

Lots of people for looking forward to Kopech finally getting an opportunity to take a rotation spot - "missing" that is a tangible thing (stuff you should like).

Tell Giolito that a smoking fastball isn't enough - that's pretty much all he throws (with about 20% sliders and an occassional change up).

Otherwise - please continue with the party that never ends in your head. ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of people for looking forward to Kopech finally getting an opportunity to take a rotation spot - "missing" that is a tangible thing (stuff you should like).

Tell Giolito that a smoking fastball isn't enough - that's pretty much all he throws (with about 20% sliders and an occassional change up).

I'm just saying you "long" for him...Not miss him. Sweet cheeks. ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this an indirect argument from you that Giolito is overrated? If so, we gonna throw down. That's mah boy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this an indirect argument from you that Giolito is overrated? If so, we gonna throw down. That's mah boy.
No, this is a direct argument that you are a random genius and your latest take was another off moment. ;)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust you were looking in the mirror when you typed that.

xgz9nkR.gif

Ain't even mad...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xgz9nkR.gif

Ain't even mad...
Good, because neither am I. I just find it sad that four+ years after the trade, you're still mega-upset over it. Some trades work out, some don't. I definitely consider the Sale trade as a short term gain for the Red Sox, but hopefully a long term gain for the Good Guys. And if I was betting money on that, I'd place some large on long term advantage: White Sox.

Regardless, we have a really good team, one that might take us to the promised land at some point down the road. My take is we should enjoy these coming seasons, especially after so many lousy ones.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When articles can be a bit misleading:

I had to read this story several times because I thought I must have kept missing where Anderson jabs the Twins over their signing of J.A. Happ. Apparently, TA adding a "like" to the tweet about Happ's signing with the Twins constitutes as a jab. Yes, the Sox and Anderson have had tons of good fortune against lefties, and Anderson directly has had some tremendous ABs off Happ, but I really wouldn't call that a jab. Hey, who wouldn't look forward to facing a pitcher in which you presently have a .563 BA/1.625 OBP against him. But it's not like he said anything directly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When articles can be a bit misleading:

I had to read this story several times because I thought I must have kept missing where Anderson jabs the Twins over their signing of J.A. Happ. Apparently, TA adding a "like" to the tweet about Happ's signing with the Twins constitutes as a jab. Yes, the Sox and Anderson have had tons of good fortune against lefties, and Anderson directly has had some tremendous ABs off Happ, but I really wouldn't call that a jab. Hey, who wouldn't look forward to facing a pitcher in which you presently have a .563 BA/1.625 OBP against him. But it's not like he said anything directly.
As @Jiddy will tell you - in English Literature the subtle jab lands with thunderous effect.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sox wouldn't be one of these teams?

As you guys know, I've long written off any chance of the Sox signing Bauer, and I continue to do so, but it has always been based on the assumption that he wants a multi-year contract. I stated from the getgo that if Bauer was ever open to a short one year or perhaps 1+1 type of deal, we could and should be all in on making him a Good Guy. I suspect Bauer would love pitching for our team. He knows we have some real talent and some real characters to boot, which I believe plays to his liking.

I still think when it's all said and done, Bauer will sign a long term contract (4-6 years) and to me, my bet is on the Angels being that team, with perhaps the Dodgers as the sleeper pick here. But if indeed Bauer is open to a much shorter deal, and there are zero updates out there suggesting he is, but if so, I will gladly hop on the Jiddy train and scream out, "All Aboard!!!"

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sox wouldn't be one of these teams?

As you guys know, I've long written off any chance of the Sox signing Bauer, and I continue to do so, but it has always been based on the assumption that he wants a multi-year contract. I stated from the getgo that if Bauer was ever open to a short one year or perhaps 1+1 type of deal, we could and should be all in on making him a Good Guy. I suspect Bauer would love pitching for our team. He knows we have some real talent and some real characters to boot, which I believe plays to his liking.

I still think when it's all said and done, Bauer will sign a long term contract (4-6 years) and to me, my bet is on the Angels being that team, with perhaps the Dodgers as the sleeper pick here. But if indeed Bauer is open to a much shorter deal, and there are zero updates out there suggesting he is, but if so, I will gladly hop on the Jiddy train and scream out, "All Aboard!!!"

The dude dropped an 8 inning shutout with 12 k's in this past postseason...and his team lost. You know he's pissed.

I would love that follow-up postseason performance to be for us...not against us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude dropped an 8 inning shutout with 12 k's in this past postseason...and his team lost. You know he's pissed.

I would love that follow-up postseason performance to be for us...not against us.
Could not agree more and as I mentioned in the previous post, Bauer would fit in perfectly with this current cast. But unfortunately, I don't see how he'd pass up a multi-year deal. Think about it, he signs for just one year and possibly has a bad season or at least an off season by his standards. He'd be a year older and not coming off a Cy Young performance. You can see how his leverage for a bigger, better deal would be greatly reduced. 2021 is his golden opportunity to strike it big. I just find it hard to believe he wouldn't take advantage of that. But for whatever reasons, if he does opt to sign a single season or 1+1.............."ALL ABOARD!!!!"

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more and as I mentioned in the previous post, Bauer would fit in perfectly with this current cast. But unfortunately, I don't see how he'd pass up a multi-year deal. Think about it, he signs for just one year and possibly has a bad season or at least an off season by his standards. He'd be a year older and not coming off a Cy Young performance. You can see how his leverage for a bigger, better deal would be greatly reduced. 2021 is his golden opportunity to strike it big. I just find it hard to believe he wouldn't take advantage of that. But for whatever reasons, if he does opt to sign a single season or 1+1.............."ALL ABOARD!!!!"

They don't even list us in that article above...That's what the sports world thinks of Jerry Reinsdorf.

This is your golden moment Jerry...You always said the baseball was so much more important to you during the Bulls championship years and since....MAKE YOUR F*CKING BASEBALL DYNASTY OR DIE TRYING.

Sad he isn't within my shouting range...