• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more. As I previously mentioned I wasn't on this board at the time of the trade or the first couple of years afterward, but here it is more than four years later and the Jidmeister is still ranting about it. I can only imagine what it was like in here back when it took place and those immediate months following. Let it go Jiddy.
it was something to behold!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude dropped an 8 inning shutout with 12 k's in this past postseason...and his team lost. You know he's pissed.

I would love that follow-up postseason performance to be for us...not against us.
On the other hand - he is the only pitcher last year to give up an HR to Mazara

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a random thought. considering what the sox look like now ........... why are we still the only 4 posters on this board? wouldn't you think we'd get some new blood in here?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a random thought. considering what the sox look like now ........... why are we still the only 4 posters on this board? wouldn't you think we'd get some new blood in here?
We are the Vanguard of the elite.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the Vanguard of the elite.
I've been thinking the same thing for some time now. There use to be more regs in here and of course there's always the usual passersby. But you're right id. We finally have a team we can enjoy rooting for, and yet hardly any Sox fans. Oh well, as Mingo said, we are the Vanguard of the elite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's offseason. Wait til we're 30-10.

But-just in case-if not, it's your fault imo.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand - he is the only pitcher last year to give up an HR to Mazara

giphy.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, the elbow should be fine.

Narrator: But it wasn't fine...

*video of Chris Sale cackling like a witch*

*fade to black*
You left out the last part of this sentence:

*video of Chris Sale cackling like a witch..........with his arm in a sling*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out the last part of this sentence:

*video of Chris Sale cackling like a witch..........with his arm in a sling*

Only if the cast inside said sling is signed by LaRoche's son...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Timmay's attitude!

And not too shabby that MLB Pipeline has Vaughn listed as the #1 rated 1b prospect, and has him rated with both the highest ceiling and the highest floor. Don't see that too often.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Timmay's attitude!

And not too shabby that MLB Pipeline has Vaughn listed as the #1 rated 1b prospect, and has him rated with both the highest ceiling and the highest floor. Don't see that too often.

which is why i am SO glad he wasn't use in some dumb-ass trade!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been a lot of talk about how much the sox have improved over last season. truth is they made one big improvement by adding lynn.

1st base still (an older) abrue
2nd base still madrigal
3rd base still moncada - maybe he comes back better
ss still anderson
lf still eloy
cf still robert
rf the 2 adams. - i guess an improvement just getting rid of mazara
c- is weaker with the loss of mccann

i'm hoping another year for 5 of these guys is in itself an improvement as well

sp - same plus lynn ... here's the big improvment plus hoping the rest improve as well.
rp. pretty much the same as i don't think hendriks will be an improvement over colome however having bummer back is a small improvement ... we hope.

we assume everyone under the age of 28 improves. how often does that happen?
so maybe as sox fans we ARE a little too optimistic about next season?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been a lot of talk about how much the sox have improved over last season. truth is they made one big improvement by adding lynn.

1st base still (an older) abrue
2nd base still madrigal
3rd base still moncada - maybe he comes back better
ss still anderson
lf still eloy
cf still robert
rf the 2 adams. - i guess an improvement just getting rid of mazara
c- is weaker with the loss of mccann

i'm hoping another year for 5 of these guys is in itself an improvement as well

sp - same plus lynn ... here's the big improvment plus hoping the rest improve as well.
rp. pretty much the same as i don't think hendriks will be an improvement over colome however having bummer back is a small improvement ... we hope.

we assume everyone under the age of 28 improves. how often does that happen?
so maybe as sox fans we ARE a little too optimistic about next season?
I'm not sure we're talking optimism as much as we are enthusiasm. After last season, why not be super hyped? I mean, we should expect the Sox to make the playoffs this year, it would be silly to expect anything less than that. At this point in time we should expect the Sox to win the Central, but even here I hedged a bit by saying at this point in time. We may or may not add a player in the coming weeks, so for the most part our roster is fairly set. However, the Twins, our chief rivals for the title, are not thru adding yet, so we have to see how the rest of the offseason goes. And as weakened as they've become, I'm still not completely writing off Cleveland with that starting rotation of theirs. If they add an inexpensive, yet key piece here or there, they may hang around as well. Now anything past making the postseason and clinching the Central, I stop at expectations, but hope (and that E word) is still kicking in full force.

I liked Mingo's evaluation as to who and where we might see improvement or regression in the roster this season. Sure, there may very well likely be some regression, but there's also plenty of room for improvement. I'd say the latter is much greater than the former. And we can't really think along the old lines these days that being past age 28 signals regression. Personally, I feel it's more like 32 is the new 28. Players are in much better condition at a later age, especially during the offseason, than in previous generations. And the vastly improved analytics of the day also contribute to this extended longevity in peak performances. Fortunately, with our roster as the way it's presently set, is far from being overall 'over the hill'. We have a damn good team and I'm expecting a lot of enjoyment this year. Now THAT's enthusiasm!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why i am SO glad he wasn't use in some dumb-ass trade!
Me too. I continue to list these four as my "untouchables" when it comes to any trade talk with the Sox:

Vaughn
Kopech
Crochet
Kelley

I might as well add a 5th in Madrigal, even tho I personally don't consider him a prospect any longer. I base this on, assuming he is 100% recovered from his shoulder surgery as being recently reported, that he'll start the season with the parent club. It's only if he needs a bit of rehab time will he see any minor league action. So I'm not sure why every analyst, every website (including MLB's), or every writer continues to rank him as a prospect. The other four could all possibly begin the campaign in AAA, so I have no problem showing them as prospects. Therefore, let's make it a 5 name untouchables list, just to play it safe. :tongue:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call him Pito, but maybe the better nickname for Jose is "The Glue"

Timmay has arguably become the face of the franchise, but no doubt Abreu is the heart and soul of this ballclub.