• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"ESPN's Jordan Reid believes the Titans "are likely to force feed [Treylon Burks] as a rushing and receiving threat" in 2022.​

The 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and the de factor replacement for A.J. Brown -- who was dealt to the Eagles last week -- Burks should be in for a hefty workload, even in Tennessee's run-first offense......... Mostly a slot receiver at Arkansas, expect Burks to see more time out wide in Tennessee as the team's alpha wideout. The rookie could skyrocket up fantasy draft boards with enough hype this summer"

--Well, from the moment he was picked, up until the Breece Hall/Ken Walker picks, he was already my 1.1.
Deebo Jr?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo Jr?
maybe, that team is built to smashmouth though, not so much the Shanny style of jump cut/slash and go though, so I'm not so sure how productive a WR type body would do back there. But hey, CPAT did just fine in ATL, and they weren't built in any particular way, they just threw shit at the wall and hoped something stuck. Granted CPAT is a brick shithouse, but, hey, who knows.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another-

"Texans general manager Nick Caserio said rookie RB Dameon Pierce would have to "create a role for himself" in the team's backfield.​

.........Marlon Mack looked to be the best fantasy option in the Texans backfield until the team used the 107th pick in the draft on Pierce, who turned 119 touches into 790 yards (6.64 yards per touch) and 16 touchdowns for Florida in 2021. Pierce could very well be a frustrating bench stash for fantasy managers in 2022."

Alight, its confirmed, this toolbag just has fantasy stock in all the wrong areas for the way this draft played out. He obviously owns shares in Gibson, Mack, and Penny/Carson and is all but hurt that their eventual replacements/competition got drafted. Which I get, but giving fantasy advice based of your personal situations isn't your job. How about some rational objectivity??

Marlon Mack, who appeared to be running in quicksand, with 50 LB weights on each ankle after coming back, was in no way shape or form, appearing to be the best fantasy option in that backfield, that was Burkhead, without question. And Peirce should have zero trouble establishing himself, so long as he's not a straight up bust in the NFL style. The quotes from coaches are nothing but coachspeak, no coach worth his salt is going to outright throw his veterans under the bus and install a 5th round rookie as the starter before he even puts his shorts and shell on.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treylon Burks...​

The 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and the de factor replacement for A.J. Brown

--Well, from the moment he was picked, up until the Breece Hall/Ken Walker picks, he was already my 1.1.
Yeah, i looked at him too. More specifically i looked at AJ Brown's stats to see what role Burks would be getting into... i think i can find another player who can get 800 scrimmage yards.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i looked at him too. More specifically i looked at AJ Brown's stats to see what role Burks would be getting into... i think i can find another player who can get 800 scrimmage yards.
Well sure, raw numbers 800 yards, but at 67-70 yards a game, in line with career averages, and we're talking nearly 1200 if whomever is in that role can play 17 games..something AJ could never do.

And 1200 and 5+, that's borderline elite stuff that no one is tripping over much anywhere

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if i am being too negative. Really took a hit with last year's rookies so i am having trust issues going into 2022.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if i am being too negative. Really took a hit with last year's rookies so i am having trust issues going into 2022.
Well that's certainly understandable.

And no, never too negative, just valid points being brought to attention for discussion :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Athletic's Mike Sando believes the Ravens' 2022 draft picks "could signal Baltimore doubling down on its run-heavy offense" rather than a more balanced approach.
Dealing Marquise Brown to the Cardinals, not drafting a wideout, and loading up on tight ends in the draft, Sando said, might show the Ravens are ready to return to their offensive roots after operating a balanced offense in 2021. The Ravens in 2021 had a 57 percent pass rate, 12 percent higher than in 2020."

Ok ..little elementary math problem here...if 57% is 12% higher than 2020, and was considered "more balanced"..(follow me here- 57% pass, means 43% run, both 7 percentage points away from 50/50, or true balance)..that means that 2020..the "run heavy offense" of their roots..was split to 45% pass (57-12=45), and 55% run..both 5 percentage points away from truly balanced.

Now, which is closer to 50/50, or truly balanced? 5 points , or 7 points? Obviously the "run heavy" of 2020, was more of a balanced offense.
And big picture wise, both are much more true to "balance" anyways, when compared to half the other teams who sit in the 60/40, 65/35 range

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Athletic's Mike Sando believes the Ravens' 2022 draft picks "could signal Baltimore doubling down on its run-heavy offense" rather than a more balanced approach.
Dealing Marquise Brown to the Cardinals, not drafting a wideout, and loading up on tight ends in the draft, Sando said, might show the Ravens are ready to return to their offensive roots after operating a balanced offense in 2021. The Ravens in 2021 had a 57 percent pass rate, 12 percent higher than in 2020."

Ok ..little elementary math problem here...if 57% is 12% higher than 2020, and was considered "more balanced"..(follow me here- 57% pass, means 43% run, both 7 percentage points away from 50/50, or true balance)..that means that 2020..the "run heavy offense" of their roots..was split to 45% pass (57-12=45), and 55% run..both 5 percentage points away from truly balanced.

Now, which is closer to 50/50, or truly balanced? 5 points , or 7 points? Obviously the "run heavy" of 2020, was more of a balanced offense.
And big picture wise, both are much more true to "balance" anyways, when compared to half the other teams who sit in the 60/40, 65/35 range
And all of that is besides the point. The ravens never shifted philosophies to being with, so there's nothing to "return to". Last year was nothing but a product of having Tyson WIlliams, D. Freeman, and Lat Murray as your RB corp, with a defense that wasn't up to par. Dobbins and Edwards go down again this year , you'll probably see it again

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if i am being too negative. Really took a hit with last year's rookies so i am having trust issues going into 2022.Feb 14, 2022
I have mixed feelings on these rookies, it could very well be a bunch of dud rookies but most certainly there are studs at the top at RB and WR then you have those guys that played a good role/need development in the mid rounds then you have a couple sleepers.

We will have to wait and see on these QB's-Ridder and Willis-I think Ridder could become something decent.

I don't have any confidence in Pickett. I can see why the trust issues.

The funny thing is with as much of the experts are talking about this WR class, watch the RB class be better. Teams are replacing RB's more and more now...I'm not saying it will happen but a lot of hit or misses in this draft. The fact is we just never know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of that is besides the point. The ravens never shifted philosophies to being with, so there's nothing to "return to". Last year was nothing but a product of having Tyson WIlliams, D. Freeman, and Lat Murray as your RB corp, with a defense that wasn't up to par. Dobbins and Edwards go down again this year , you'll probably see it again
Yep they never shifted anything, they have always been the same team since Lamar has been QB.

Their WR depth chart is disgusting. Worst in the NFL

puke GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they never shifted anything, they have always been the same team since Lamar has been QB.

Their WR depth chart is disgusting. Worst in the NFL

puke GIF
I would take Duverney over anything ATL or GB had prior to the draft..but post draft..yep, pretty much. Although Houston is right on their heels with nothing outside of Cooks.

I can't really say that Hollywood would change that either..he is not a needle mover type, just a nice piece.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Duverney over anything ATL or GB had prior to the draft..but post draft..yep, pretty much. Although Houston is right on their heels with nothing outside of Cooks.

I can't really say that Hollywood would change that either..he is not a needle mover type, just a nice piece.
You're right, I didn't realize GB's situation was so awful but it makes sense losing Adams and MVS. Right now it all depends on the rookies unless Lazard becomes the next star in GB

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feelings on these rookies, it could very well be a bunch of dud rookies but most certainly there are studs at the top at RB and WR then you have those guys that played a good role/need development in the mid rounds then you have a couple sleepers.

We will have to wait and see on these QB's-Ridder and Willis-I think Ridder could become something decent.

I don't have any confidence in Pickett. I can see why the trust issues.

The funny thing is with as much of the experts are talking about this WR class, watch the RB class be better. Teams are replacing RB's more and more now...I'm not saying it will happen but a lot of hit or misses in this draft. The fact is we just never know.
Obviously, we still need to draft the rookies from 2022, but all the experts have been fairly consistent that the WR were the position to get, the RB were nothing more than complimentary at best (i.e. no bankable starters), and the QB were only a class of clipboard-holding backups.

The QB the Steelers chose... saw he had like 28 fumbles .... if he's fumbling like that against college opponents... yikes! And he's the BEST of the litter!!!

This may be a group we will want to forget.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, we still need to draft the rookies from 2022, but all the experts have been fairly consistent that the WR were the position to get, the RB were nothing more than complimentary at best (i.e. no bankable starters), and the QB were only a class of clipboard-holding backups.

The QB the Steelers chose... saw he had like 28 fumbles .... if he's fumbling like that against college opponents... yikes! And he's the BEST of the litter!!!

This may be a group we will want to forget.
Yep, the group we will want to forget and hopefully the guys you draft for your team are the studs of the draft.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazard played in 15 games in 2021.

First 10 games - 32 targets, 19 receptions, 223 yards, 3 TDs
Per game: 3.2 targets, 1.9 receptions, 22.3 yards, 0.3 TDs

Last 5 games - 28 targets, 21 receptions, 290 yards, 5 TDs
Per game: 5.6 targets, 4.2 receptions, 58 yards, 1.0 TDs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazard played in 15 games in 2021.

First 10 games - 32 targets, 19 receptions, 223 yards, 3 TDs
Per game: 3.2 targets, 1.9 receptions, 22.3 yards, 0.3 TDs

Last 5 games - 28 targets, 21 receptions, 290 yards, 5 TDs
Per game: 5.6 targets, 4.2 receptions, 58 yards, 1.0 TDs
It's worth noting those last five were Chicago, Balt, Clev,, MIN. Det..and they averaged about 40 points a game that stretch...maybe that because they utilized Lazard more, maybe it's because most of those teams sucked and most had mailed it in already?? Maybe Lil bit of both.

1 TD a game is very nice regardless, the other numbers not so much

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth noting those last five were Chicago, Balt, Clev,, MIN. Det..and they averaged about 40 points a game that stretch...maybe that because they utilized Lazard more, maybe it's because most of those teams sucked and most had mailed it in already?? Maybe Lil bit of both.

1 TD a game is very nice regardless, the other numbers not so much
Just wondering what happens when you replace Davante and MVS with Watkins and the new kid. Rodgers has never thrown much to rookies.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering what happens when you replace Davante and MVS with Watkins and the new kid. Rodgers has never thrown much to rookies.
Guess thats good for Lazard. But GB has done a decent job of landing WR too. Or it could be a chicken-egg thing... where would the GB WR be without a QB?