• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry would be the ideal #2 WR in KC.. precision short to intermediate route runner who can beat virtually anyone one on one? Sounds like exactly what they've been looking for forvabout 4 years
Sammy Watkins was good in spots. The Super Bowl against SF in particular. They tried to get Juju last year and he went to Pitt instead.

Landry will almost certainly be on the Chiefs radar but Im not sure they are winning many bidding wars. I'd agree that he would be a great fit at the right price.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins was good in spots. The Super Bowl against SF in particular. They tried to get Juju last year and he went to Pitt instead.

Landry will almost certainly be on the Chiefs radar but Im not sure they are winning many bidding wars. I'd agree that he would be a great fit at the right price.
I was surprised at how little Sammy did while there, especially after that monster start in the very first week, and now , heck I don't know if he's even on a roster

If the signings of Gallup and Kirk are any indications of the true WR market values, than no, KC isn't going to be signing anyone anywhere near Landry's ilk.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the signings of Gallup and Kirk are any indications of the true WR market values, than no, KC isn't going to be signing anyone anywhere near Landry's ilk.
The bigger issue becomes Tyreek Hill's next contract. Packers are dealing with that issue this year with Adams but Chiefs will run into the same problem next year, I'd imagine.

Chiefs have to be looking at the AFC West and the idea that the next two years the Broncos and Chargers are going to be favorites because they have advantages (Chargers rookie QB contract, Broncos having a stockpile of young talent from being bad for so long) and the next two years are going to be really tough.

It would probably be in the Chiefs best interest if their next #2 WR came from the draft and not FA. Not sure the Chiefs are in a position to hand out big contracts on veterans.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davante Adams traded to Raiders

Not sure what to think of this other than it just may give Jones/Dillon an uptick in goal-line carries. As for Adams and Rodgers, seems like a pretty significant downgrade - but maybe not as severe as in my eyes.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davante Adams traded to Raiders

Not sure what to think of this other than it just may give Jones/Dillon an uptick in goal-line carries. As for Adams and Rodgers, seems like a pretty significant downgrade - but maybe not as severe as in my eyes.
Tough one to gauge.. only thing that's certain is that it'll definitely hurt the Packers O in general and specifically Rodgers. But yeah, very possible the Jones/Dillon FiNALLY get a higher percentage of goal line and red zone opportunities, but I imagine the overall amount of opportunities decreases at least a tad too.

As for the Raiders?? All depends on if Carr pulls his head out of his ass. If he does? Adama will probably only only a few TD's because I sure don't see Carr throwing too damned many 3 yard and under TD's to WR's. If he doesn't? Well, Adams is screwed. Either way, I imagine Jacobs stays the same, Waller MIGHT get open a little more often, and Renfrow likely takes a hit back to the WR4, desperation flex play area.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to gauge.. only thing that's certain is that it'll definitely hurt the Packers O in general and specifically Rodgers. But yeah, very possible the Jones/Dillon FiNALLY get a higher percentage of goal line and red zone opportunities, but I imagine the overall amount of opportunities decreases at least a tad too.
As for the Raiders?? All depends on if Carr pulls his head out of his ass. If he does? Adama will probably only only a few TD's because I sure don't see Carr throwing too damned many 3 yard and under TD's to WR's. If he doesn't? Well, Adams is screwed. Either way, I imagine Jacobs stays the same, Waller MIGHT get open a little more often, and Renfrow likely takes a hit back to the WR4, desperation flex play area.
Yep, kind of my thoughts as well. ..... that one surprised me, though nothing should t this point. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness both sides made the right choice. ....
Fournette is signing a three-year, $21 million contract with Tampa Bay, including $9 million guaranteed, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness both sides made the right choice. ....
Fournette is signing a three-year, $21 million contract with Tampa Bay, including $9 million guaranteed, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
The Brady effect. Bucs now are all in.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see 'news' like this it just makes me further realize that these guys have to write something to keep their jobs.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports league execs believe DK Metcalf could be traded "at the right price."​

Duhh, almost anyone can be traded for the 'right price'. ....... especially from a team with no startable QB (yet). ....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Donald Trump still own the Washington Generals?
New Jersey Generals... the Washington Generals always played the Harlem Globetrotters.

iu

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe, in my wanderings to get ready for the season, I came across the state of the Bears wide receivers.

Wondering what your thoughts are on that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe, in my wanderings to get ready for the season, I came across the state of the Bears wide receivers.

Wondering what your thoughts are on that.
Run away.

The local editorials do not see Mooney as the WR1. And if $$$ is any indicator, Pringle is the WR1 followed by Mooney and St. Brown who are making nearly identical $$$.

The O-line is still an issue and the jury is still out on Fields turning the corner. But that hesitation may have more to do with former coach Nagy who couldnt coach anyone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis landry should sign in green bay. Think its an obvious fit. There or pittsburgh. Yes pittsburgh. But he needs to see who is throwing the ball.