• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta admit he's a big upgrade over what they had last yr. Now what the hell does SEA do ???
Conventional wisdom suggests that SEA is in tank mode and will be really bad next year.

Traditionally, a lot of teams end up using that high 1st round pick on a QB. It wouldnt stun me if you see teams like Detroit and Seattle picking a QB even if the average...er...person thinks they all stink.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh definitely a huge upgrade, one could even arguably say an infinite upgrade, as what they had was near absolute zero.

As a life long, lifetime, Donkey hater, I HATE this move. Just as much if not more than when they acquired Manning. Life is so much nicer when you could plan on the Denver QB guaranteeing a sub .500 record, even if they did usually split with my Raiders. I don't want them to straight up suck, as it's no fun beating up on weaklings, but there's enjoyment in watching your hated rival languish just below that mediocrity level in perpetuity.

What does Seattle do now? well, if I were them, and be shedding contracts, trading for future draft capital and throwing in the towel on 2022, and angling for some studs in the 2023 draft..especially at QB. Starting Drew Lock, and NOT drafting a QB this year, is likely right in line with that plan
Nice word use. .... :thumb:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't hear? Seattle just traded for Kirk Cousins!

:dhd::dhd::dhd:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin O'Leary on Shark tank is my favorite, and I'm pretty sure that's his favorite word, seems like he won't make a deal unless he gets 1-4% 'in perpetuity' I use it whenever I can :)
And here I thought you were taking a page from Bull on Night Court. .... a new word a week.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great friggin show
Yes it was. .... In my mind Bull, Dan and Thelma were the best characters. .... and Jim (Dan's man-servant) was great as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Seattle do now? well, if I were them, and be shedding contracts, trading for future draft capital and throwing in the towel on 2022, and angling for some studs in the 2023 draft..especially at QB. Starting Drew Lock, and NOT drafting a QB this year, is likely right in line with that plan
Yes sir! That is the right idea.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Jerry just wanted to get rid of the guy

Browns acquired WR Amari Cooper from the Cowboys in exchange for a fifth-round pick.​

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns acquired WR Amari Cooper from the Cowboys in exchange for a fifth-round pick.​

Interesting.

Cooper.png

Well better then cutting him. He'll be the WR1 for the Browns although he'll have Mayfield throwing to him now and that's a downgrade from Prescott. He should get the lion share of targets.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Salary dump, pure and simple. And, why I was advocating LAST offseason to trade either him or Gallup so they might actually get something in return.
Interesting.

View attachment 291354

Well better then cutting him. He'll be the WR1 for the Browns although he'll have Mayfield throwing to him now and that's a downgrade from Prescott. He should get the lion share of targets.

Still not entirely sure the Browns move into 22 with Mayfield at QB. Slight ding on Cooper's short term value, could've been much worse though. Like you said, unquestionably the best WR on the team now, no Lamb to compete with. But, Browns would rather run Chubb and Hunt than throw to anyone. Maybe that changes if they move on from Mayfield? Maybe Mayfield just had a down year, and needs a guy like Cooper to get back on the upswing?

Interesting for sure.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every yr there's at least one of these type deals. Yes, his value takes a hit going from Mayfield/Browns from Dak/'Boys. ... now let's see if Browns dump Landry and he goes to the 'Boys at a discount. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every yr there's at least one of these type deals. Yes, his value takes a hit going from Mayfield/Browns from Dak/'Boys. ... now let's see if Browns dump Landry and he goes to the 'Boys at a discount. ...
They have given him permission to find a trade.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry would be the ideal #2 WR in KC.. precision short to intermediate route runner who can beat virtually anyone one on one? Sounds like exactly what they've been looking for forvabout 4 years

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even be sarcastic about the Brady thing when my team does shit like this. :L:L:L

Vikings signed Kirk Cousins to a one-year, $35 million extension through 2023.​

Decent news for Jefferson/Cook, at worst, the QB won't be worse than Cousins

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow​

Christian Kirk to the Jaguars​

The Jaguars are bringing in Kirk on a mind-melting deal four-year deal that could be worth up to $84 million. He will operate as the Jaguars' new No. 1 wide receiver.