• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis landry should sign in green bay. Think its an obvious fit. There or pittsburgh. Yes pittsburgh. But he needs to see who is throwing the ball.
I think he'd thrive in NE or any other similar, primarily short, precision, type passing game. Pitt would likely fit since I would assume they'll be run/short passing game without Big Ben and none of the current options being big time passers. I dunno about GB...yeah, he'd fit because his ability to dominate one on one coverage on the short to intermediate areas fits everywhere, in all systems, but I'm not sure he'd like the fit with Aaron, who isn't big on that type of stuff, except around the goal line of course

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd thrive in NE or any other similar, primarily short, precision, type passing game. Pitt would likely fit since I would assume they'll be run/short passing game without Big Ben and none of the current options being big time passers. I dunno about GB...yeah, he'd fit because his ability to dominate one on one coverage on the short to intermediate areas fits everywhere, in all systems, but I'm not sure he'd like the fit with Aaron, who isn't big on that type of stuff, except around the goal line of course
Of course, if the reports are to be believed, and he truly has an asking proce higher than that 15 million which got him released in the first place, and money is the driving factor in what hes looking for...he's gonna end up with 'Da gawd damn' Jets, because they're the only ones still trying to throw money at receivers and they keep getting rejected by everyone else

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about NE. He would throve there, you are correct. Think aaron would make it work. He needs someone reliable. They dont have a ton of options

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about GB...yeah, he'd fit because his ability to dominate one on one coverage on the short to intermediate areas fits everywhere, in all systems, but I'm not sure he'd like the fit with Aaron, who isn't big on that type of stuff

Think aaron would make it work. He needs someone reliable. They dont have a ton of options
Bite your tongues.
I need Lazard to be "the man" in D2. lol
Don't forget too that GB just signed Sammy Watkins.
I mean, maybe Cobb, Watkins, & Lazard aren't going to scare anyone like Adams did, but this trio have real good hands, and Rodgers will move the ball downfield.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your tongues.
I mean, maybe Cobb, Watkins, & Lazard aren't going to scare anyone like Adams did, but this trio have real good hands, and Rodgers will move the ball downfield.
Its possible. Lazard had alot
Of chances previously.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your tongues.
I will gladly take chances on some Watkins stock where i can..but I firmly expect GB to do something at WR, wether that's another free agent like Landry, Julio, Fuller..or a 1st-2nd round rook.. I can't buy them standing pat with what they have.

Either way, Lazard could still be 'the man'...maybe

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your tongues.
Stranger things have happened but for now if 'you need him to be the man' I think you may have problems.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things have happened but for now if 'you need him to be the man' I think you may have problems.
I'm picking 5th in a 16-team league... what does that tell you?
But technically the thought behind my comment was it would just be nice if some of the borderline players already buried on my roster actually step up and become more relevant.
Adding guys via the draft don't always help. Not in a league this deep.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, if the reports are to be believed, and he truly has an asking price higher than that 15 million which got him released in the first place, and money is the driving factor in what he's looking for...he's gonna end up with 'Da gawd damn' Jets, because they're the only ones still trying to throw money at receivers and they keep getting rejected by everyone else
That's not true, maybe Jacksonville will throw $15 million his way to match up with the $21 million Christian Kirk and the $8 million Zay Jones. LOL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true, maybe Jacksonville will throw $15 million his way to match up with the $21 million Christian Kirk and the $8 million Zay Jones. LOL.
haha,, will sure, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, I only mentioned the Jets because every other FA WR has flat out told them to piss in the wind. At least JAX found someone willing ot take their money

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NBC Edge:

free agent Jarvis Landry could wait until “dust from the NFL Draft settles” before signing with a team.​

Could wait? Like he has a choice?
Not to mention he's looking for more than $20 mill... wasn't he was cut for earning less?

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NBC Edge:

free agent Jarvis Landry could wait until “dust from the NFL Draft settles” before signing with a team.​

Not to mention he's looking for more than $20 mill... wasn't he was cut for earning less?
Yep.

That's some pretty serious stones...the team you're under contract for couldn't find a single team to give up a 7th round pick and take your salary, so they cut you rather than trade you, and you think someone will pony up even more??

Kudos for your exceptional value of self, but man...read the room

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An ouchy to those counting on Williams to be a 3 down back this season. .....​

---------------------------------------​

Broncos re-signed RB Melvin Gordon to a one-year contract.​

Look for new coach Nathaniel Hackett to utilize Gordon and Williams like Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon from Hackett's days as the Packers' offensive coordinator.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NBC Edge:

Jarvis is a decently smart guy so it's hard to believe he actually thought he could get $20M/year, even after watching Kirk get that deal. I would pay him $12M/year max. I still think the Browns are in on him but kinda seems unlikely at this point. The Saints make a lot of sense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does MLB's 2-year suspension of Trevor Bauer impact the NFL, specifically Desean Watson?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does MLB's 2-year suspension of Trevor Bauer impact the NFL, specifically Desean Watson?
Might...the CBA in baseball is much more in the players favor in MLB, so if they can suspend a dude for basically 2 seasons without charges or hard evidence...I wouldn't put it past Goodel

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar believes RB Kenneth Walker is "likely" to start "multiple" games in 2022.
"Inexplicably using a second-round pick on Walker...."

WTF? Inexcplicably??

Where does this moron get off? Breece Hall was an A+ pick even though Michael Carter and Tevin Coleman were around on a team that has no identity.
But Walker is inexplicable, because the perpetually injured R. Penny, and possibly soon to be forced into retirement C. Carson are still around on a run first offense?

SMDH

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar believes RB Kenneth Walker is "likely" to start "multiple" games in 2022.
"Inexplicably using a second-round pick on Walker...."

WTF? Inexcplicably??

Where does this moron get off? Breece Hall was an A+ pick even though Michael Carter and Tevin Coleman were around on a team that has no identity.
But Walker is inexplicable, because the perpetually injured R. Penny, and possibly soon to be forced into retirement C. Carson are still around on a run first offense?

SMDH
Holy cow that's just exhibiting foolishness. Pete Carroll offense starts with the run game and there aren't many that stand out in this season draft and one was already off the board. Carson I very much doubt will play football this season trying to recover from a serious neck injury and Penny can't be counted on to stay healthy, so the Seahawks had to secure a workhorse RB in the draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is under the impression that another year of 'let's hold tryouts among Seattle's homeless population for the starting RB gig" is a preferable option.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"ESPN's Jordan Reid believes the Titans "are likely to force feed [Treylon Burks] as a rushing and receiving threat" in 2022.​

The 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and the de factor replacement for A.J. Brown -- who was dealt to the Eagles last week -- Burks should be in for a hefty workload, even in Tennessee's run-first offense......... Mostly a slot receiver at Arkansas, expect Burks to see more time out wide in Tennessee as the team's alpha wideout. The rookie could skyrocket up fantasy draft boards with enough hype this summer"

--Well, from the moment he was picked, up until the Breece Hall/Ken Walker picks, he was already my 1.1.

"ESPN's Matt Miller believes the Commanders took RB Brian Robinson "at least a full round" too early in the 2022 NFL Draft.​

Washington's third-round selection of the Alabama running back was something of a stunner for draft observers, and probably doesn't bode well for Antonio Gibson. J.D. McKissic re-signed with Washington this offseason and will continue dominating pass-catching duties while Robinson could eat into Gibson's early-down work in 2022. Taking Robinson in the third round was one of several objectively terrible draft decisions made by the clueless Commanders. Robinson could be a valuable end-of-bench fantasy selection who would see a decent workload if Gibson struggles with injuries this year"

The Commanders, QB'ed by the exceedingly average (for half the year, hurt the other half) Wentz , need to run the ball. Gibson handled exactly 300 touches last year, more than his entire four year collegiate career, combined, and was obviously hobbled and ineffective towards the end of it. They needed a strong RB to do some dirty work. Was it perhaps a tick early? maybe. But 'objectively terible'? and they are, at least in part due to this pick, "clueless"? I don't get it.

The rotoworld/edge author writing these blurb reactions to what real reporters write is just on fire today with his idiocy, and I hope to gawd he's lurking here, looking for new material to write.