• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering what happens when you replace Davante and MVS with Watkins and the new kid. Rodgers has never thrown much to rookies.
I strongly believe one of Julio/Fuller/Landry/OBJ lands there somehow.

But regardless, of what GB has, or can acquire, he has the rapport with Rodgers, and sometimes that's enough

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But regardless, of what GB has, or can acquire, he has the rapport with Rodgers, and sometimes that's enough
same here. honestly , if not 2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or....you strongly want one of those to land there, personally think it only happens if they accept a inexpensive contract and none of those guys seem like the type to want to sign one of those contracts, but you never know.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or....you strongly want one of those to land there, personally think it only happens if they accept a inexpensive contract and none of those guys seem like the type to want to sign one of those contracts, but you never know.
Well I want Julio or Fuller...but I still think Landry or OBJ could be it. I just can't imagine them standing pat with what they've got. Doesn't make sense to resign Rodgers, gut his WR corp and not get something outside of a reclamation project and a small pond big fish rookie WR

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I want Julio or Fuller...but I still think Landry or OBJ could be it. I just can't imagine them standing pat with what they've got. Doesn't make sense to resign Rodgers, gut his WR corp and not get something outside of a reclamation project and a small pond big fish rookie WR
Oh they'll sign a vet, but it's always someone who signs on the cheap it seems to me.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess thats good for Lazard. But GB has done a decent job of landing WR too. Or it could be a chicken-egg thing... where would the GB WR be without a QB?
I don't think Lazard would be much good without Rodgers.

No rookie has ever had 40 receptions in a season with Rodgers. Not even Jordy or Davante. Favre was much more liberal throwing to rookies than Rodgers is. So I'm not high on Watson because by the time Rodgers trusts him Rodgers might be gone.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'll sign a vet, but it's always someone who signs on the cheap it seems to me.
GB doesn't get a lot of high-profile free-agent or traded veteran WRs or TEs. The only newly signed vet to go over 40 receptions with Rodgers was Jimmy Graham. They did get Sammy Watkins. I think they'll roll with Lazard, Watkins, Cobb and Watson, and Tonyan and Deguara will get some extra targets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB doesn't get a lot of high-profile free-agent or traded veteran WRs or TEs. The only newly signed vet to go over 40 receptions with Rodgers was Jimmy Graham. They did get Sammy Watkins. I think they'll roll with Lazard, Watkins, Cobb and Watson, and Tonyan and Deguara will get some extra targets.
Yup Watkins is more their speed

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lazard would be much good without Rodgers.

No rookie has ever had 40 receptions in a season with Rodgers. Not even Jordy or Davante. Favre was much more liberal throwing to rookies than Rodgers is. So I'm not high on Watson because by the time Rodgers trusts him Rodgers might be gone.
Well when Jordy was a rook, they had Jennings and Driver. Poor Jordy didn't really get to play much until year 4. And Adams had Jordy and Cobb in his way. Lazard is a solid pro..he ain't Jennings, Driver, Jordy or even Cobb.
If Watson is for real, it'd be tough for Lazard to be the Greg Jennings to Watson's Jordy Nelson, especially since no one is there to be the Donald Driver....yet

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuller would stand to gain the most by signing a cheap deal to play with Rodgers for 1 season.

No one will touch OBJ until significant updates on his recovery, doesn't make sense to waste a spot anywhere on your roster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller would stand to gain the most by signing a cheap deal to play with Rodgers for 1 season.

No one will touch OBJ until significant updates on his recovery, doesn't make sense to waste a spot anywhere on your roster.
I thought Fuller made a lot of sense for the Browns bc of the great connection and relationship with Watson but it doesn't seem likely. Browns aren't in the market for a FA WR. GB makes a lot of sense for Fuller on a one year incentive-based deal.
Lazard, Fuller, Watson, Doubs. Not ideal but I could see one of those rookies having a nice year. Would also consider Landry, he would be a nice underneath guy for Rodgers. Plus he is more reliable than Fuller injury wise.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Fuller made a lot of sense for the Browns bc of the great connection and relationship with Watson but it doesn't seem likely. Browns aren't in the market for a FA WR. GB makes a lot of sense for Fuller on a one year incentive-based deal.
Lazard, Fuller, Watson, Doubs. Not ideal but I could see one of those rookies having a nice year. Would also consider Landry, he would be a nice underneath guy for Rodgers. Plus he is more reliable than Fuller injury wise.

I think Cobb fills that underneath role, at least in the red zone as Rodgers' familiar security blanket

charlie brown GIF by Peanuts

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins signed RB Sony Michel, formerly of the Rams.​

joins a very crowded Dolphins backfield that now includes Michel, Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert, and Myles Gaskin. Good luck trying to decipher this group for fantasy purposes.
----------------
Good luck trying to figure that backfield out. ....................... I want no part of it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins signed RB Sony Michel, formerly of the Rams.​

joins a very crowded Dolphins backfield that now includes Michel, Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert, and Myles Gaskin. Good luck trying to decipher this group for fantasy purposes.
----------------
Good luck trying to figure that backfield out. ....................... I want no part of it.
Michel...best true RB of the bunch, bone on bone knees..only a matter of time before he misses games
Mostert..surely the former Niners staff's favorite. Possibly tears a hammy putting his jock on in training camp
Edmonds...flashes as a number 2, sucks as a number one, heads to the trainers table if ever given 20 touches in any single game
Gaskins...better than Edmonds, more reliable too..but still is sub par.

Yes agreed, no thank you, to all of the above.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel...best true RB of the bunch, bone on bone knees..only a matter of time before he misses games
Mostert..surely the former Niners staff's favorite. Possibly tears a hammy putting his jock on in training camp
Edmonds...flashes as a number 2, sucks as a number one, heads to the trainers table if ever given 20 touches in any single game
Gaskins...better than Edmonds, more reliable too..but still is sub par.

Yes agreed, no thank you, to all of the above.
If it works out maybe all of them combined can run for a great season. 3 games here and there then Gaskin will be the only guy available come December. Maybe 4 RB's probably around $12M combined, not bad, but I just don't get it. None of them are great and if one doesn't produce you are tempted to go with another option. It's a big circle jerk

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it works out maybe all of them combined can run for a great season. 3 games here and there then Gaskin will be the only guy available come December. Maybe 4 RB's probably around $12M combined, not bad, but I just don't get it. None of them are great and if one doesn't produce you are tempted to go with another option. It's a big circle jerk
It's just so weird, all the draft capital and $$ for Reek...clearly trying to make the offense "go", yet band aids on the other entire half of the offense, and not even the stretchy nice band aids, those cheap plastic fuckers that never stay on

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so weird, all the draft capital and $$ for Reek...clearly trying to make the offense "go", yet band aids on the other entire half of the offense, and not even the stretchy nice band aids, those cheap plastic fuckers that never stay on
Yep a couple of great moves then a couple of wtf moves. I do like the Hill move (if they truly believe in Tua) and Armstead is a huge get. I like the other weapons around Tua but I don't get what they are doing at the RB position. Maybe it works out and they find a clear #1 and #2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep a couple of great moves then a couple of wtf moves. I do like the Hill move (if they truly believe in Tua) and Armstead is a huge get. I like the other weapons around Tua but I don't get what they are doing at the RB position. Maybe it works out and they find a clear #1 and #2
Well by the time Dolphins first pick was OTC the two RBs considered the best options as work horse RB were off the board so they decided rather then reach for one they just punt that position tell 2023. I'd bet they take one early next draft.